Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Boston Globe, Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

Popeman38

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Big picture question here.

Do the Patriots have some responsibility here for bringing a killer into the community in the first place? 

Bringing him into the community?  He's from Bristol.

Honestly, he may still be alive if he was drafted by a west coast team or smaller market team.  I totally get why some players want nothing to do with playing for their hometown team, its to get away from their past mistakes and people that helped them do them.  Life without parole still feels like a lot to me, I'm not suprised he did this.

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I find the response to the suicide of the Facebook killer and the suicide to Aaron Hernandez to be oddly different and I don't know why.

Up until about 4am today, there was still maybe a path to redemption for Hernandez.  He could've reformed himself in prison and used his notoriety to warn young folks about the dangers of thug culture and whatnot.  The FB killer is just another pychopathic moron.

38 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I feel terrible for his daughter, she has to live with this cloud that he left her entire life.

Yup...she has/had two AWFUL parents. 

Broke my heart to see her being used as a pawn in the court room last week before the verdict was announced. 

The PCP made him chronically paranoid imo. I was surprised to hear he was a PCP addict. Its not a popular drug anymore, its heavy not something you can smoke every day all day ... just odd. Its not a fun party drug. No one does it anymore except maybe a grimy street walking heroin addict who cant find heroin. 

Rolling Stone piece from 2013 on Hernandez   http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

Should have been titled Cry For Help.  It's OK if you guys think the Pats are completely blameless in this.  I'm not so sure. 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Bringing him into the community?  He's from Bristol.

Honestly, he may still be alive if he was drafted by a west coast team or smaller market team.  I totally get why some players want nothing to do with playing for their hometown team, its to get away from their past mistakes and people that helped them do them.  Life without parole still feels like a lot to me, I'm not suprised he did this.

Yeah didn't realize he was from Bristol until today. 

Not sure this guy was a good candidate for the largest signing bonus ever given to a tight end in the history of the National Football League. 

Looking at it purely from an analytical view (as opposed to the moral or emotional angle) ; the timing of his choice seems odd, and I wonder if it means anything.

He was sentenced to life 2 years ago.

But yet, he hangs himself right after the double-acquittal in the 2nd case.

I know it doesn't matter much in the big picture, but I'm just curious why he chose now to do it, or if there was any reasoning for the timing at all.

4 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

That lawyer is just trying to squeeze every penny he can from his estate. 

Jose Baez is a gigantic piece of self-serving dog ****. I really hate that slimy ****. He was quoted today saying his firm would conduct its own thorough investigation, which is clearly nothing more than a money/attention grab. Scumbag man.

As to the story itself, I suppose there is some sort of justice after all. I feel bad for his daughter and the family of his victims. I don't feel bad for Hernandez. He made his own decisions, and willfully threw away a life of riches and fame for one that involved murdering an innocent man.

Well not only did he throw away a life of riches and fame...he threw away an opportunity to make a positive impact on the people who needed it the most. He chose to be the smaller person. Sorry for his daughter, but not much other sympathy to go around. 

What's the difference between a tick and a lawyer?

At least a tick falls off you when you die.

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I wouldnt assume Hernandez' estate is going to be paying any future unearned attorney fees. I would guess pro bono from here on out. 

Archived