Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder Made His Fortune Running Mutant Slave Ring!!

Tsailand

Strap on your tinfoil hats kids, it's time for another one of these "special" threads, brought to you by the same guy who started the "Time to move on from RG3" thread back in January 2013.

Seriously though, I see a troubling pattern in what our front office has done since the season ended, a pattern that leads me to believe that we are in for another Washington Redskins Coaching Change.  This is speculation, not proven fact, but I'll give my theory and then the evidence -- circumstantial evidence -- and let the reader decide.

* Snyder is dissatisfied with how the team has performed over the last two years.  This is ridiculous, given that he's never had two winning seasons in a row before, but Snyder is a ridiculous man.  He is like the most impatient fans, who see an average team that for two years has barely finished over 500, and not been truly playoff caliber, and think it is no better than the previous 15 years of being horrible.  So rather than wait for gradual improvement, he is ready to blow it all up again.

* Snyder blames Gruden for the failures of the past two years.  Part of this is based on Gruden's in-game mistakes (there are plenty of those to criticize) and part of it is that Snyder thinks the team is talented enough to do better, if only Gruden wasn't holding them back (idiotic, two years of Scott GMing isn't enough to fix the previous decade of Snyder as GM)

* Snyder doesn't give Kirk enough credit for the success the offense has had over the last two years.  He thinks there are about 20 other NFL QBs who could do as well or better with the same O-line and receivers, not even counting the college QBs who could develop to Kirk's level within two or three years after being drafted. He doesn't want to pay $25M/year for Kirk, because he doesn't think he's worth that much.

(How do I know all this, am I a mind reader?  No, but I've been watching this mother****er run the team for almost 20 years, so I know how he thinks.  It's not pretty.)

* Snyder has been talking for some time now to a former NFL HC, someone who would return to coaching for the the right price and under the right conditions.  These have not been hiring negotiations, just ongoing informal discussions about the team and its direction and what could be done better.

* Snyder is strongly considering firing Jay after the 2017 season, and giving this man the job.  He will of course have total control of the coaching staff, but also final say in personnel decisions, senior to Scott and equal to Bruce.  This is why we have been promoting from within to replace OC and DC -- the next HC is going to shake things up in a year, so no sense hiring new coordinators on long term guaranteed deals.

* The next coach doesn't want Kirk.  More precisely, he doesn't want Kirk's record breaking contract sitting on his books for the next five years.  He wants to build his own team. He will bring in a veteran QB to run the offense in 2018, and draft a QB in the first round to start in 2019 and beyond.  Snyder knows this, so he won't allow Scott to offer Kirk the deal he wants.  The second franchise tag is fine, as there's no longer term cap hit, and we need something to keep fans in seats for 2017.

* After Jay is fired, he and his brother will go coach another team together.  They will do OK.  Not great.  Just better than the Redskins.

8 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

(How do I know all this, am I a mind reader?  No, but I've been watching this mother****er run the team for almost 20 years, so I know how he thinks.  It's not pretty.)

I have been married for 20 years and I still don't know what the **** my wife thinks/wants and you as a fan who doesn't even live with Dan knows exactly what he thinks....lol

1 hour ago, zskins said:

I have been married for 20 years and I still don't know what the **** my wife thinks/wants and you as a fan who doesn't even live with Dan knows exactly what he thinks....lol

LMAO.  Zskins, same here, will be married 25 years come September and I feel the same way, yet this guy has everything figured out.  Where did we go wrong?

I think this should have gone in the conspiracy thread.  Honestly, the Snyder being impatient crap is beyond ridiculous at this point.  Fans of this team should know better than to regurgitate the lazy pundits out there that still look at the Redskins as though it is 2002.  Let's take a realist look at Snyder's "impatience" with head coaches:

Norv - He fired him (though, if we're being honest, he needed to go) and did it in-season, which is something Snyder has even admitted was a bad move.

Marty - This is truly the only real showing of impatience by Snyder (other than the timing of the Norval dismissal).  To be fair, Snyder didn't want to fire Marty, he just wanted him to give up absolute control and say over personnel.  Marty refused and was let go. Again, Snyder has admitted that he should have given Marty more time.

Spurrier - As bad as the Ol' Ball Coach was here, Snyder didn't give up on him, didn't give him any ultimatums, and certainly didn't fire him.  Stevie resigned because he knew he was way over his head and out of his element in the pros.

Gibbs II -  Does it even have to be said?  Gibbs retired again; Snyder didn't want him to go.  We could have gone 0-16 with Gibbs and Snyder would have never pulled the plug.

Zorn - Sure, he fired Mr. Medium, but is there anyone on the entire planet that can blame him for that?  He gave Zorn two full seasons, which is two more than any other owner would have.

Shanny - Again, this coach was fired, but it seemed during his fourth and final year that he was doing everything to dare Snyder to fire him and Shanny all but officially quit before the season was over.  Again, he needed to go.  I can't understand how anyone paying attention could blame Snyder for that firing.

Gruden - I admit, I was not big on the hire at the time, but this is the only coach to have two consecutive winning seasons in the past 20 years.  What in the hell has Snyder done in the last 15 years with head coaches that realistically points to him just firing this guy?

Take a look at that list above and ask yourself a question: Why is it that none of these coaches did anything worth note with another NFL team after leaving us, other than Marty in SD (You know, Marty, the only true showing of impatience by Snyder)?  It doesn't seem like his judgement in letting any of these guys go, other than Marty, has proven him wrong in the end.  That doesn't say impatience at all to me, and I really wish people would stop living in the early 2000's Redskins era. 

Well for starters how is it any kind of secret conspiracy that if Gruden underachieves this coming season, he'll be fired?  Unfortunately in today's NFL, missing the playoffs three out of four years will get just about any coach fired, right or wrong. So who's the secret coach in your opinion, Bill Cowher? Brian Billick?

so, you not only know Snyders tendencies from your keen powers of observation but you somehow magically gained understanding of his most inner thoughts and emotions on the team, coaches, players AND a once and future coach to be named later? PLUS, yes theres more, you know said coaches future employment aspirations as well as those of our very own HC and his brother, who plan to ride off into the sunset together happily achieving any record as long as its better than ours.

while it would be fun to see your "theory" crushed bullet point by bullet point i fear one could get out of hand so i will merely say that you don't even supply circumstantial evidence but support your conjecture with supposition and guess work. 

i do have one question though, if secret coach # 816 will have total control why retain Scot at all? why keep what amounts to 3 GMs?

the only thing goofier than this "theory" will be if, in say 25 posts, you claim it was all some satirical experiment to prove some equally inane point.

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Strap on your tinfoil hats kids, it's time for another one of these "special" threads, brought to you by the same guy who started the "Time to move on from RG3" thread back in January 2013.

"...brought to you by the same guy who's last semi-valid opinion was 4 years ago."

Sorry, that's how I read it in my mind lol...

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

"...brought to you by the same guy who's last semi-valid opinion was 4 years ago."

Sorry, that's how I read it in my mind lol...

Being upset with RG3 in that 3 win season, when he was injured or benched multiple times was really shocking and revolutionary. 

I can only imagine some of the other hits the OP has brought us.

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Being upset with RG3 in that 3 win season, when he was injured or benched multiple times was really shocking and revolutionary. 

In fairness, having the opinion to move on from RG3 in January of 2013 would have put this guy in the minority for sure. That was days after he was injured in the playoff game and still seen (by most) as a victim. Oddly, I came to the same conclusion after week 1 of 2013, but admittedly that's 8 months later than the OP. 

4 hours ago, zskins said:

I'm not married to Snyder but he's ****ed me plenty over the years.  He's ****ed all of us.

2 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

Gruden - I admit, I was not big on the hire at the time, but this is the only coach to have two consecutive winning seasons in the past 20 years.  What in the hell has Snyder done in the last 15 years with head coaches that realistically points to him just firing this guy?

Never having the same coach for more than four years.  Why should Gruden be the first?  He's nothing special so far, let's be honest. 

Take a look at that list above and ask yourself a question: Why is it that none of these coaches did anything worth note with another NFL team after leaving us, other than Marty in SD (You know, Marty, the only true showing of impatience by Snyder)?  It doesn't seem like his judgement in letting any of these guys go, other than Marty, has proven him wrong in the end.  That doesn't say impatience at all to me, and I really wish people would stop living in the early 2000's Redskins era. 

It seems like now you're arguing that it will be OK for him to fire Gruden.

2 hours ago, hawgboy said:

Well for starters how is it any kind of secret conspiracy that if Gruden underachieves this coming season, he'll be fired?  Unfortunately in today's NFL, missing the playoffs three out of four years will get just about any coach fired, right or wrong.

Year four hasn't even started and you already have us missing the playoffs.... the problem is, Snyder probably does, too.  The interesting thing will be if we go 9-7 again, missing the playoffs or losing in the first round.  Will he fire a coach after three winning seasons in a row?  Sadly, I think he might.

So who's the secret coach in your opinion, Bill Cowher? Brian Billick?

I'm not locked into any particular name.  We could put together a list of four or five names and it would most likely be correct. Dungy is definitely on the list.

2 hours ago, onedrop said:

i do have one question though, if secret coach # 816 will have total control why retain Scot at all? why keep what amounts to 3 GMs?

It would be the same as the current setup, except that the HC has the final say, instead of (supposedly) the GM.

I'm not absolutely certain he would keep Scott in that scenario, and Scott might not even want to stay.  But if he does stay, the new guy will outrank him.

the only thing goofier than this "theory" will be if, in say 25 posts, you claim it was all some satirical experiment to prove some equally inane point.

Absolutely not.  I've made sarcastic posts before, but just one-liners, not 600 words.  I think this theory is totally in play.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Hey, I was also one of the very few saying that Kirk had a good 2014 and should not have been benched.

To address a general comment that several people have made:  I don't think Gruden will coach here for the next 30 years until he retires, nor should he.  Nearly every coach gets fired sooner or later.  Mostly sooner.  Perhaps rightfully so.

My criticism here is that (in my theory) Synder is already preparing to replace Gruden, long before the season starts, a season where we are expected to, for the third year in a row, play meaningful December games and contend for a playoff spot.  It's not even that he already has the next coach whispering in his ear, but that they are making certain moves -- hiring OC and DC from within, not giving Kirk a long term contract -- to set up for the 2018 HC, rather than to do what gives the 2017 HC the best chance to win.

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This was after the 10-6 season.

EDIT: And it got locked at the time. Maybe this one will get locked too.  That's fine.  I'll still be able to link back to it next February.

The reason this thread is ridiculous,  isn't because it impossible or even unlikely, just like your RG3 thread, it's because you have absolutely no way of knowing and pretend like you do.

Anyone could predict anything. I predict that a living unicorn will be found riding a unicycle and playing a banjo this decade. Now let me list my opinions and crazy views to why it will happen. 

Doesnt mean it's not ridiculous, even if it happens. 

46 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Year four hasn't even started and you already have us missing the playoffs.... the problem is, Snyder probably does, too.  The interesting thing will be if we go 9-7 again, missing the playoffs or losing in the first round.  Will he fire a coach after three winning seasons in a row?  Sadly, I think he might.

I'm not locked into any particular name.  We could put together a list of four or five names and it would most likely be correct. Dungy is definitely on the list.

What? I'm not not predicting anything Sir, you are. I'm just saying IF the Skins miss the Playoffs again in 2017 and Gruden gets fired, then most of us would chalk it up the the NFL norm and not because of anything in your theory.

Archived