Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: So who Stole Tom Brady's Jersey

Veretax

Source: Profootball Talk

Author: Mike Florio
So who stole Tom Brady's Jersey? - link

Tom Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey went missing after Sunday’s win over the Falcons. So who stole it?

While there’s a chance (slim) that it was merely misplaced and not swiped, it’s far more likely that someone deliberately got his or her hands on the jersey for the purposes of selling it at a profit — and that Brady possibly noticed it was gone before the real jersey could be replaced in Brady’s bag with a copy.

More link

I know many of us here are likely not Patriots Fans, but this thing caught my eye this morning.  Seriously?  Someone steals the Super Bowl MVP's Jersey (from the locker room it sounds like?)  It sounds outrageous right?  Yet I've heard more and more that this is an actual thing that does sometimes happen. So I'm wondering what those here at ES think about this.    Has theft of jerseys and equipment for teams (and especially in the playoffs/super bowl) been a problem all along (or at least, since the Jerseys were acquirable)?  Or is it something we just hear more about now because of the internet?

Secondly, for fans here of any team (redskins or not), has something like this happened to players on your teams? (I know the NFL used to have a commercial that joked about people steeling jerseys to get the latest, when hey you could just get it at NFLShop.)  Is there anything the NFL can do to stop this from happening?

6 hours ago, Veretax said:

Source: Profootball Talk

Author: Mike Florio
So who stole Tom Brady's Jersey? - link

Tom Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey went missing after Sunday’s win over the Falcons. So who stole it?

While there’s a chance (slim) that it was merely misplaced and not swiped, it’s far more likely that someone deliberately got his or her hands on the jersey for the purposes of selling it at a profit — and that Brady possibly noticed it was gone before the real jersey could be replaced in Brady’s bag with a copy.

More link

I know many of us here are likely not Patriots Fans, but this thing caught my eye this morning.  Seriously?  Someone steals the Super Bowl MVP's Jersey (from the locker room it sounds like?)  It sounds outrageous right?  Yet I've heard more and more that this is an actual thing that does sometimes happen. So I'm wondering what those here at ES think about this.    Has theft of jerseys and equipment for teams (and especially in the playoffs/super bowl) been a problem all along (or at least, since the Jerseys were acquirable)?  Or is it something we just hear more about now because of the internet?

Secondly, for fans here of any team (redskins or not), has something like this happened to players on your teams? (I know the NFL used to have a commercial that joked about people steeling jerseys to get the latest, when hey you could just get it at NFLShop.)  Is there anything the NFL can do to stop this from happening?

Game used memorabilia has been on a rise last 20 years  or so . Whoever took it just killed the value of it though because anyone that would buy it would not know if its a fake or not . Unless they can test it for Brady DNA lol .  Stuff like that needs to have documented purchases to keep value 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It would be really funny if some foreign dignitary attended the game, and had one of his private security guards infiltrate the Pats locker room and lift the jersey, so he could add it to his personal art gallery or something, lol

Didn't Putin brazenly steal one of Kraft's SB rings like a decade ago? Or was it Mara?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 1:15 PM, NickyJ said:

According to Jay Glazer, it was stolen by some people in Mexico who posed as media reporters in the locker room. In other words, you could say the jerseys were stolen by..... fake news. rimshot.gif

Fake News AND Mexicans?  Trump's gonna have a field day!

Archived