Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Sean McVay takes over the Rams (M.E.T.)

aREDSKIN

Mixed feelings on this. Red zone play calling was atrocious at times, but he obviously worked well with Kirk. Gruden will keep much of the same system, but we're gonna have to find an o coordinator who fits our scheme. I hope we don't bring in someone who wants to make too many changes and/or bring in a new system. 

The writing was kinda on the wall for this move. Rams wanted him and they got him. Congrats to McVay. That's a big pay upgrade for him. Lots of responsibility too. Best wishes to him, except when they play us. Now, let's see what the SKINS do to replace him. 

Congrats to Boy Wonder! I wish him well with the Rams, and think that he'll do a fantastic job out there. He's already off to a good start by choosing competence to lead his defense. Looking forward to seeing what kind of attitude/character be instills in his team. I think he's going to be damn good as a HC.

Apparently he wants Wade Phillips as a DC.  Would be a great choice for him, given WP's head coaching experience.

I think McVay will be a star coach.  Hope the best for him.  Big loss for our team, but was to be expected at some point...

10 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Apparently he wants Wade Phillips as a DC.  Would be a great choice for him, given WP's head coaching experience.

I think McVay will be a star coach.  Hope the best for him.  Big loss for our team, but was to be expected at some point...

Sean and Wes are close friends.  He would have an insider track on commucating with Wade Phillips.  Actually this is the scenario that Cooley put out there 7-10 days ago

Disappointed a bit. Was really hoping we'd keep as much continuity on the offensive side of the ball as possible. And he's a great offensive mind who, much like Kyle Shanahan, is/was under appreciated while here.   

That being said, we got Jay and this is his offense. I'm not losing sleep over this. 

****.  ****. I have less faith in Gruden than a lot of people and I dislike losing a young mind like this.

35 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

Yep.  I feel like if I could swap this combo for what we have today...today I would chance it.

Let me address the elephant in the room.  This guy has literally no track record of success.  He's 30 years old and just finished coordinating an offensive unit with an awful red zone TD% and missed the playoffs.  People are acting like he was calling plays for the most vaunted offensive attack in history.  What has he proven that would, for one second, make you believe he'll become a tremendous head coach?  Now think for a second, why is that?  

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Let me address the elephant in the room.  This guy has literally no track record for success.  He's 30 years old and just finished coordinating an offensive unit with an awful red zone TD% and missed the playoffs.  People are acting like he was calling plays for the most vaunted offense attack in history.  What has he proven that would, for one second, makes you believe he'll become a tremendous head coach?  Now think for a second, why is that?  

not our problem...just smile and wave

• TK changed the title to PFT.com: Sean McVay takes over the Rams (M.E.T.)

**** man!  This just gives Kirk less incentive to stay and I want Kirk to stay.  However, I think Callahan can have the same success if we are lucky enough to have Kirk back.  I just don't think Sean will have success in LA as a head coach, not as long as they have Goff.

Archived