Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter: LA Rams request permission to interview McVay for HC

UKskins

I don't want Callahan anywhere near playcalling or increased coaching roles. Focus on the OL. That's all I need him for. I saw enough of his coaching in Oakland and Nebraska and some other **** shows along the way, I'm sure, that I've probably forgotten. 

As for the Boy Wonder, I hope he stays. I think he overrated but I still think he is good. I have no problem with his run/pass ratio because for 1) we suck at running and 2) running is boring. I'd rather pass a lot more times than run. 

With McVay and Gruden, at least I have some kindred spirits on staff...

2 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Bad thing is we dont have a guy on staff who could fill his spot. So then we need to bring an other guy in. I don't see a guy like McCoy Come in and run Jay his systeme. So we gonna bring in a lower profile guy and Jay might take the playcalling over.

I think jay doing playcalling might be a good thing. Didn't he do the playcalling against the bears? It seems like we were having much better plays being called than when Sean calls plays. 

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I personally think Callahan is 51% responsible for our ineffective running. When he came on last year, it was 100% him that did not want to use a FB and insisted on TEs .... even though all of our TEs were injured last year and we had DY sitting on the bench. 

Our run game problems started when Callahan was hired and Gruden has said Callahan gets a say in game planning. 

I don't know about that.  Cause they didn't use much FB in Cincy, did they?

Honestly...while it sputtered a few times when we needed it most, & while, i too question why we keep saying we run a power run scheme, & then proceed to run mostly finesse run plays.......the offense is hardly the problem. Especially when, in these big games specifically, we can see KC miss SEVERAL wide open WRs consistently.  

I want to keep McVay, & i'm not exactly against keeping Gruden......now...Joe Barry???

Honestly anyone who thinks they have any idea whether McVay is any good or not is just bull****ting and repeating stuff they've heard from the media about how well respected he is around the league (even though he's only ever been here with a couple mediocre coaching staffs). There is no way for us to know how much of our offense is Gruden/McVay/Callahan, etc. The gameplanning is a group effort, it seems that Gruden takes over playcalling sometimes but the local media never asks about it...who knows if McVay is good or not, if the issues lie with the system or the playcalling, how often he is even doing the playcalling...good luck figuring that out.

Mixed feelings if we are looking at replacing the DC and the OC and have a short leash on the HC next year who will replace these guys who will work with the next coach? One hand I hope he stays only to make transition easier on the other hand who cares let him go? Wish if we were going to replace the coordinators it was a clean sweep but don't want to lose JG ugh

Fingers crossed for Boy Wonder. Hope he gets it, and I'd like to see him succeed. Tough market out there in LA, but maybe he'll be able to work some magic. Plus, since he likes talking to the media so much, he'll have plenty of opportunities out there. Perhaps it's his time. I won't lose any sleep or shed any tears about what his absence might mean for us. This isn't his offense, it's Jay's. Ken Zampese can come on over and take the reins as OC and we won't miss a beat.

There are way too many qualified candidates and enticing retreads (in this nepotism-filled league) out there for anyone to take a risk on such a young guy...UNLESS he manages to convince them he can fix/develop Goff the way he's presumably helped Cousins here. That's his only shot.

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Nobody is gonna hire a 15 year old ginger to be a head coach.  McVay will be back in DC next year.

The Rams are just stupid/desperate enough to actually follow through on this. I smiled when I saw they made the first request.

If they want McVay, they can have him. Their redzone offense can't get any worse, I suppose.

1: I doubt anyone hires McVay for HC. Stroke his ego & tell him he's earned the recognition. As Moe Szyslak said, "you ain't goin' nowhere cutie." 

I think we all have legitimate questions whether McVay is the one who has 86'ed our general playcalling and deep-sixed our redzone. 

2: The Rams inclusion of McVay with McDaniels should at least be pleasing to optimistic Redskins fans. Like, as in, career arc. 

3: This opens the door for big brother Jon to stomp in and be the hardass OC / Associate HC. #TampaForever. 

Haha. Wow, I just pleased myself in like exponentially different ways. Emasculating little brother Jay, because he deserves it, by bringing in crazy, fire in his belly, big brother Jon. I pleased my schadenfreude by taking a jab at Bruce with the "tampa forever" line. And I knocked Doogie Howser down a peg. Ha, I love the internet. 

This is fun, what's next? 

Archived