Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

11 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You want to know what I hear whenever Trump supporters say that Democrats don’t understand them, and they are ignored?

All I hear is “Wahhh! I know what I know is right and everything that disagrees with what I know is wrong even if I can’t support any of my truthiness with actual facts.”

I use that Mark Twain quote in @Jumbo's sig on damn near every one of them. Eyebrows furrow, and it takes at least one entire minute for them to unravel it.

That's when the "Yeah, but..." comes in...to which I respond like our HS band director..."Thanks for agreeing. Your "but" doesn't matter. " ?

6 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I agree, the animosity amongst Trump supporters has only been growing because of this disconnect. They have codified congitive dissonance into their hardwiring. At this point I’m betting that they’re already preparing their accusations of election fraud in the case of the blue wave. And I Trump lasts long enough to lose in 2020 I guarandamntee that they’ll look for a reason to refuse to accept the result. 

Trump supporters want to know why they are ignored and laughed at, it’s this and so much more.

It might be funny if it weren't so goddam tragic. The bottom line is that none of them are going to easily, willingly come back to humanity and admit that they are the problem here. The vast majority are sittin' in the dark with the shades drawn, strokin' an AR with one hand while strokin'................well anyway, they are so far down the rabbit hole, they have painted themselves so deeply into a corner that extreme violence seems like a good option, in fact the BEST option. You can hear 'em muttering about this already if you listen, there is a substantial and growing segment of the populace that sees themselves goin' to glory in a hail of gunfire, martyrs to the cause.

Of course, on that list of oh-so-many things they don't "get" is that there are millions of "others" with experience quite adept at the use of firearms, they just don't see it as the first option but don't kid yourself, it's always an option. Another things is how easily so many of these dumbasses can be whacked and left laying in the yard in their WalMart camo while their arsenals supply those "others". All the Dirty Harry or Rambo masturbatory fantasies in the world don't equal actual skills.

28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I use that Mark Twain quote in @Jumbo's sig on damn near every one of them. Eyebrows furrow, and it takes at least one entire minute for them to unravel it.

That's when the "Yeah, but..." comes in...to which I respond like our HS band director..."Thanks for agreeing. Your "but" doesn't matter. " ?

Which quote?

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Well cook mah grits! Whoda thunk it paw?! So yur tellin’ me that lettin’ them brown people in there means they’ll do the jobs that Cousin Eddie and Boomer had to quit ‘cuz of their sciatica?

These correlations consistently indicate that more immigration is associated with fewer job vacancies.”

8 hours ago, nonniey said:

You missed someone. 

Yeah, Trump abandoning Barzani and Kurdish ambitions and allowing Suleimani's Al Quds forces to take over oil rich Kirkuk.

As for the 40% increase in defense spending by Iran, that came from fighting ISIL and supporting the Assad regime (and support for Houthis).

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd like to see Europe defend itself as well, but historically on that continent someone gets big balls and starts trying to gooble them all up anyway.  The only way I'd support us closing our bases there and leaving is if we can convince Russia to leave Western Europe alone. I'd still leave some form of defense pact with many of them anyway, especially the major members of the EU and UK. Keep in mind, you started this conversation with saying Europe should make the death-blow move that would lead to that by cutting us off from a military alliance standpoint before we cut them off (like either of us actually want to do that)

We broke our promise to Russia not to add former soviet states to NATO and we did anyway, there will be no reconciliation or mutual respect until that is resolved.  What Trump is doing with America First plan doesn't even involve getting rid of NATO like your suggesting, its just increasing their military spending per member to come closer to the ratio to GDP that we do (I don't think they should stop at 2% if we're at 3.5%, nor will they, it is taking too GD long, that I agree with Trump on). NATO will be around even if Trump gets 8 years because they aren't stupid.

In many ways, we need to get to the point that we don't need NATO anymore, and once upon a time we had a very real chance for that and screwed it up. We need to look the EEU as the same type of global economic opportunity as the AU as well. In the meantime, we just need to focus on getting Trump out of office because believe it or not, a lot of people in the world actually do get that more then half our country didn't vote for him.

You're not only thinking worst case scenario, I can't even tell if your hoping for it or not right now.  As a reminder, this is what you said I initially responded to:

Are you clearly thinking though the ramifications of all that happening or are you just being spiteful?  Cutting off your nose to spite your face hurts like a MF'r if you didn't already know that.  A hard economic reset like that would plunge the planet into a global depression.  And for what?  A guy who's going to be in power 4-8 years tops?  This is short-sighted at best, come back from the ledge, and lets figure this out.

I know but Trump doesn't think that way. He will drive the EU and are other allies to actually consider such extreme measures; even with the dire consequences.  If Trump wins reelection, watch out. Trump will do what he thinks will benefit the U.S. and the rest of the world will reach a breaking point and decide to move on.

17 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I think that Trump's altruism begins and ends with himself and his cronies. Period. Doing what he thinks is best for the U.S. isn't a thing.

Agreed, but from all accounts Trump’s altruism is highly transactional.

52 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

The Mark Twain one. Pay attention! The most real one that's funny. Work with me here. ?

LoL!! I even looked at @Jumbo‘s pists but no signature. 

Yeah, was coming over here to say "what the ****" with regards to that tweet.

Like, it'd be one thing if he was just talking about it with regards to mutual commerce, like jobs in the USA were being lost bc of Chinese layoffs, and Trump was intervening, but no, he SPECIFICALLY references Chinese jobs.

Yo, can one of you MAGA dudes drive by and tell me why this is America first?

Please make sure to allay the concerns about ZTE being a chinese spying vector.  I want to understand why them being banned from US military bases for chinese spying was the wrong decision.

Also, at Le Diplomate for Mother's day, Scott Pruitt's favorite place.  I have not seen him yet.  Will update if I do.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I know but Trump doesn't think that way. He will drive the EU and are other allies to actually consider such extreme measures; even with the dire consequences.  If Trump wins reelection, watch out. Trump will do what he thinks will benefit the U.S. and the rest of the world will reach a breaking point and decide to move on.

I get your concern, I don't believe its invalid. But I noticed Trump's tone on NATO has changed since the campaign and there's rumors he's reconsidering pulling out the Paris agreement. 

We absolutely are pushing some of our friends away from us, like Australia, but he's not going to stay president forever. The world won't cut us off because they still depend on us too much.  The rest of the world is scared of Russia and China, I'm not convinced Trump will cross a line before he's out of office that will force the rest of the world to try to deal with those two countries without us, despite my feelings on Trump.

We have to be careful with letting our emotions get the best of us.  Whoever comes after Trump will have a bigger foreign policy mess to clean up then even Obama did, that's for sure, so it really does depend on who comes next because that's what a lot of our allies are really waiting for.  Macron talked to congress like someone that understands that our relationship with France was around before Trump and will be around after. 

I've had rough patches with close friends before, I believe we all have.

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Agreed, but from all accounts Trump’s altruism is highly transactional.

LoL!! I even looked at @Jumbo‘s pists but no signature. 

It goes like this:

It isn't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. 

It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Fifty something years of "front porch swingin" have led me to agree. 

Trump finally addressing the folks with economic anxiety. Too bad those folks are Chinese.

24 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Sitting here at WVU colosseum at my niece's college graduation. Boring but I wonder if any college invited Cheeto to speak for this year's graduation season.

Probably Liberty, Bob Jones, etc.

Archived