Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS ACQUIRE C BRYAN STORK

TK

2 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Word is he wants to retire.  Any truth to this?

What I read was it was more to do with the Pats releasing him and being traded but that Scot M and company talked to him and he is all in with the trade. The word going around that it was due to concussion concerns is not true. We will see.

Here is an article about the monetary concerns for Stork. If he retires he would have to repay some $238k. A 4th rd rookie contract is not exactly $Ms. That would be a lot of money.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/money-matters-storks-decision-play-redskins

2 minutes ago, Wrong Direction said:

So this guy is young, cheap, and still got cut before SM swept in and got him for a conditional 7th.

And this isn't worrisome to anyone? Low risk, I get, but definitely being cautious about this move.

He has problems. He violated the Patriot Way, he has an injury history, and was replaced last year by a "nobody" with no discernible drop-off. The Pats cut him because they are in dire need of roster spots due to their injury/suspension situation.

But he is almost certainly the best C on our roster the moment he shows up.

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I feel ya. 

But being a single father and business owner has never kept me from reading. 

there is reading and then there is reading if you get my drift.  :)  Anyway on this dude, looks like the jury is still out.  Wait a minute that news was 2 hours old that may have changed.

3 hours ago, Wrong Direction said:

So this guy is young, cheap, and still got cut before SM swept in and got him for a conditional 7th.

And this isn't worrisome to anyone? Low risk, I get, but definitely being cautious about this move.

Has he ever gotten in touble on gameday?  I dont think he has gotten kicked from a game... maybe a few flags here and there, but I am ok with that.  

41 minutes ago, illone said:

Has he ever gotten in touble on gameday?  I dont think he has gotten kicked from a game... maybe a few flags here and there, but I am ok with that.  

Probably because John Mara didn't care when he played for the Patriots. I foresee a hefty fine for just violating the "spirit" of a concussion.

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If people were willing to spin Ribs stabbing someone as a kid as "it's good to have a mean steak on the OL" there shouldn't be anything worrisome about Stork. 

And yeah, he should beat out KL quite easily after a few weeks getting adjusted. If not...well then he really stinks 

I'll go out on a limb and say Korey is gone and Ribs stays, with Reiter to PS. Based on last year, Ribs is a decent backup C in a pinch, and his overall play is much, I say MUCH, more suited to our OL. 

Image result for foghorn leghorn

On 8/25/2016 at 7:29 AM, goskins10 said:

This is a bit of an exaggeration. KL is taking a lot of abuse here, much of it not deserved. He is not the best C in the league by any means. But saying this guy is that much better when he could not even keep his starting position sounds more like you just don't like KL.

With KL playing this team was #1 in rushing last year. He and SL went out almost exactly the same time. Yet everyone gives SL all the credit for the good running and KL all the blame for any rushing problems! He is also taking a beating for the GB game. He was out the entire season till that lat game and came into a PO game! Guys are rusty 1st gm back, even a couple when they are on line.

KL will be the starting C at the start of the season. There is no way Stork comes in as the starting C with 2 weeks left in PS. You sign this guy now on a flyer with the expectation that he is depth for right now allowing you to move on JL (Do all Oline names start with L?), and maybe, maybe he breaks into the starting lineup later in the season.

I tend to agree that KL will remain the starter at least until Stork gets acclimated and shows that he deserves to start.

My question is whether you are okay with this trade to acquire Stork.  Not only does he have a concussion history, he appears to have some "attitude" red flags that caused the Pats to dump him for a 7th rounder at the age of 25.  I myself think a 7th rounder gamble for Stork is a good idea.  A while back, I suggested that McCloughan should have used a 7th rounder in the 2015 draft on Lael Collins.  If I recall correctly, you were very much against that idea because you considered Collins to be an "attitude" problem.  So, do you feel the same way about the Skins using a 7th rounder to acquire Stork?

Archived