Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryan Stork (C) released by Pats

Sherlock Holmes

Living up in Boston i've heard alot about him on the radio.  Seems like he has skill but not alot of control over his temper.  Frequently got in fights with the Bears at their training camp this year, and his teammates in past years.  For someone like Belicheck that is an easy call, but he probably has a shorter leash for that type of stuff than most other coaches.  So there is definitely a downside, but seems like he does have some raw talent and valuable starting experience.  

Considering how well repected Callahan is, he seems like a good fit to calm him down and coach him on fundamentals to unlock the rest of his potential and take him to the next level.  Certainly getting cut should humble Stork a little bit.  I'd be fine bringing him in as long as he drops the attitude, he's kind of notorious for being a ****ty teammate and a jerk to the media though. 

Stork got thrown out of practice for losing his temper and wildly swinging punches at Bears linebacker John Timu during an 11-on-11 drill. Timu might have given Stork a bit of extracurricular activity as a play was ending, but Stork's reaction was way over the top -- putting both hands into Timu's breastplate and pushing him with force before swinging his arms at Timu.

He didn't connect, and to Timu's credit he put both of his hands into the air as if to say, "I'm not engaging" as Bears head coach John Fox came off the sideline quickly to extinguish the situation from escalating.

Bill Belichick's longstanding rule is that if a player fights in practice, he is ejected, as that is what would happen in a game. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4794734/after-wildly-swinging-punches-patriots-center-bryan-stork-thrown-out

Stork is versatile - he's put in time at all the line positions except LT while at NE.  But let's not go overboard.  He had pretty much lost the starting C job to David Andrews for reasons other than anger management issues.  Also, word is that he was dangled for a low round trade during the off-season and no one bit.  Still, he's on a 4th round rookie contract for the next two years and could be useful as a backup even if he doesn't take the starting job.

I mean hell, last year our team said the reason we won the division is because of that fight with the Texans in TC... our team bonded immediately and it helped us later in the season overcome injuries...  he would fit right in and maybe even share his anger with the rest of the fellas.

On second thought... lol werent the Bears rumored to be interested in trading for a Center?  If they saw this guy first hand and in a bigger need at center then we are and they still turn their noses up???  Maybe we should too

37 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Should it happen the Redskins would probably keep 9 linemen, while having to make a hard cut somewhere else. 

Williams

Moses

Nseke

Long

Lauvao

Scherff

Licht

Stork

AK

Ribs gone, Reiter back to PS

Why on earth would we keep Licht? Better off letting Reiter be the backup.

Looks like we just traded for him

Wow. #Patriots didn’t cut C Bryan Stork after all… they traded him to the #Redskins, source said. That was unexpected.

User Actions
 Following
48-La4Vw_bigger.jpgIan RapoportVerified account@RapSheet

The #Patriots traded C Bryan Stork to the #Redskins in exchange for a conditional draft pick, source said. Deal being worked out now.

Mean and nasty streak?

19057.gif

I am still trying to see where that helps a guy be a better football player.  But hey, I want a mean guy over a pushover, too.

If he can get enough push to let us run QB sneaks this year, its very worth a 7th. Seeing Brady get 4 yards on his sneaks, maybe he can.

Archived