Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Roster Thread (Building a Champion Edition) - Doct to IR - Mo Harris Up

DC9

14 hours ago, Fergasun said:

After we pay Cousins, we probably won't have $$$ to go after a WR... 

They are projected to have ~54M of cap space next year, only players that will really eat into that are Cousins, Baker, and a WR.  The rest of our signees will have minimal impact as the 54M estimate is based on current contracts and 51 players.  So that number only goes down to the extent that you sign players to larger contracts than the currently in place contracts.

6 hours ago, DC9 said:

About 60 mil in cap space.

You think Cuzzo gets anywhere from 20-25 mil of that.

We also need to take care of Baker.  But that's probably 5-6 mil tops.

We have enough cap space to fit in Cousins, Baker, and higher priced WR, AND to eat a higher portion of Cousins guaranteed money in 2017.  If Baker gets 5, a WR gets 8, you allot 8M for "other" players, that still leaves you with 33M for Cousins.  Let's say you sign Cousins for 5 yrs / 105M (21M / yr).  Then you can structure the deal to count 33M next year, leaving the remaining caps hits to average out to 18M / yr for the remaining 4 years.  That's a reasonable number.

We've got a **** load of cap space and we're on the bubble now. 

Lots of money and picks this year. I think we're going to see a lot of activity this offseason.

I like the Pryor idea Conn.

Funny, beginning of the season, I'd say you keep DJax over Garcon 10 out of 10 times, but now I think it's the opposite and I'm not a personal fan of Garcon.

5 hours ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Cutting DHall and Kory saves another 8 mil

I think Halls time has come. Heck of a career for him. Great team player and leader too, but time has caught up to him.

One way or another, FS needs to be addressed this offseason.

I think Long has anchored himself as the starting center for sure.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think Halls time has come. Heck of a career for him. Great team player and leader too, but time has caught up to him.

I think Blackmon has done an excellent job at FS. He's not an all-pro but he has brought stability to the position and plays it better than Hall, IMO. I am more worried about SS, where our only body is Bruton, and he proved to be a backup/ST at best. I agree on Long and think Licht is as good as gone.

QB                  McCoy(3.60)     Sudfeld(.574)

RB     Kelley(.540)     Jones(.789)     Thompson(RFA)     Brown(.540)     Marshall(.556)     Redd*

TE     Reed(5.80)                  Paul(2.333)     Carrier(1.075)    

WR                  Doctson(2.284)     Diggs(.540)

WR                  Harris(.540)     Ross(ERFA)    

WR     Crowder(.751)     Grant(.743)    

LT     Williams(15.2)      Nsekhe(RFA)   

LG     Lauvao(5.00)     Kouandjio(.745)    

C     Long(.853)     Lichtensteiger(4.050)    

RG     Scherff(5.786)    

RT     Moses(.984)     Bowen(.540)     Painter(ERFA)     Clausell(ERFA)

RDE     Jean-Francois(4.00)                  *

NT                  Ioannidis(.540)

LDE                  Lanier(.540)

ROLB     Smith(1.576)    Murphy(1.423)    

ILB     Foster(1.40)     Cravens(1.007)     Daniels(.559)     

ILB     Compton(RFA)     Spaight(.674)     

LOLB     Kerrigan(11.7)     Bates(.615)    

CB     Norman(20.0)     Dunbar(.615)    

CB     Breeland(.812)                  *

NB     Fuller(.737)    

SS                  Bruton(3.33)

FS     Blackmon(1.075)     Everett(.615)     Hall(5.063)    

LS                  *

K     Way(1.350)

P     Hopkins(.690)

14 minutes ago, Lloyds' Mongolian Beef said:

I think Blackmon has done an excellent job at FS. He's not an all-pro but he has brought stability to the position and plays it better than Hall, IMO. I am more worried about SS, where our only body is Bruton, and he proved to be a backup/ST at best. I agree on Long and think Licht is as good as gone.

I think Blackmon has done better than Hall and has played pretty admirably for what he is.

I still think adding a stud at FS has been a need for a long time. Especially if our offense continues to score a lot of points. We face a lot of home run hitters and a hawk in the middle would go a long way.

SS is certainly a need as well, that I hope is also addressed (along with ILB and DL), but Cravens could play it well.

We may need to target cap dollars towards matching up with the Dallas run game in future seasons.  With that in mind who would be the best fit $/scheme/character assuming availability?

Kawann Short

Brandon Williams

Bennie Logan

Dontari Poe

Sheldon Richardson

None of the above stay out of the FA market...

19 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

We may need to target cap dollars towards matching up with the Dallas run game in future seasons.  With that in mind who would be the best fit $/scheme/character assuming availability?

Kawann Short

Brandon Williams

Bennie Logan

Dontari Poe

Sheldon Richardson

None of the above stay out of the FA market...

Wonder about Johnathan Hankins.  We've done well with Giants DTs who have hit the market.   He doesn't bring much pass rush -- but potentially a good NT type who can stuff the run.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 10:58 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder about Johnathan Hankins.  We've done well with Giants DTs who have hit the market.   He doesn't bring much pass rush -- but potentially a good NT type who can stuff the run.

Problem with  Hankins is he doesn't offer allot of downs. He's a two down player. I would go for kewan short. Other than baker we have no penetrating dt

3 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

I like the way our team develops and Scot is not afraid to admit that he is wrong....but man a lot of does middle FA pick ups by him really don't work out. 

It's all a numbers game. Those middle FAs are middle FAs for a reason. So you bring in as many guys as you can at team friendly contracts and hope one of them works out. It' the very reason you build through the draft.

If you look at the successful franchises they do the same thing. The parade of middling to even lower FAs is pretty big with very few successes. But if you hit even just a few along the way it puts you that much further ahead.

On 11/22/2016 at 4:52 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Id still look to bring in a Center through the draft or FA...but, you're right Long is getting better and better.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:52 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I think Blackmon has done better than Hall and has played pretty admirably for what he is.

I still think adding a stud at FS has been a need for a long time. Especially if our offense continues to score a lot of points. We face a lot of home run hitters and a hawk in the middle would go a long way.

SS is certainly a need as well, that I hope is also addressed (along with ILB and DL), but Cravens could play it well.

who are the top FS in this years draft and FA?... because a great FS would do wonders for our D...absolutely change the whole dynamics..

/off to check

./eewww...apparently not a strong class for FS...damn

Marcus Williams    FS    1    Utah    Jr    6-0    195    round 1-2
Budda Baker    FS    2    Washington    Jr    5-10    192   round  2
Marcus Maye Injured    FS    3    Florida    rSr    5-11    216   round  2-3

/Although just "Safeties" looks really strong - 

Malik Hooker**, S, Ohio State 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.47. 
Projected Round (2017): Top-10 Pick. 
11/12/16: Hooker has been one of the breakout draft prospects in 2016. He has totaled 53 tackles with 4.5 for a loss, .5 sacks, four passes broken up and five interceptions this season. 

The evaluators who love Hooker feel he is a safety who can do it all. In coverage, he is fast and athletic with the skills to defend the deep part of the field. Sources also say Hooker has the length and strength to play in the tackle box. They also like how Hooker drives down on the ball. They feel he is a fast, rangy defender with good ball skills. Right now, they think Hooker is on his way to being a top-20 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. 

Two top national scouts from NFC teams said that Hooker's skill set is the best they've seen from a safety since Eric Berry. They like Hooker more than Jamal Adams, Jabrill Peppers or Marcus Maye. One scout said, in his opinion, Hooker could end up being an elite safety prospect comparable to Berry or the late Sean Taylor. Many in the scouting community feel that Taylor was the best of the best in terms of safety prospects this century. Both of these scouts believe that Hooker is a future top-10 pick. 

Some other team sources said they have been impressed by Hooker, but at this point, think he would be rated behind Adams and Peppers for them. Numerous team sources believe that Hooker is going to end up being their top-rated safety for the 2017 NFL Draft.

Jamal Adams*, S, LSU 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 211. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2017): Top-25 Pick. 
11/12/16: Adams has 56 tackleswith three passes broken and one interception on the year. Early on, he made some nice plays, but wasn't as big of a presence as last year. That changed around mid-season as Adams had superb games against Ole Miss and Alabama. He helped shut down Rebels receiving tight end Evan Engram and was all over the field against Alabama with an interception, clutch tackles and big plays on special teams. 

8/20/16: In 2015, Adams had 67 tackles with six passes broken up and four interceptions. As a freshman, he had 66 tackles with five pass breakups. Adams has versatile size and brings a real presence to the Tigers' defense. He is an instinctive defender who always seems to be around the ball. 

In pass coverage, Adams is extremely instinctive. He is very good at covering a lot of ground and helping his cornerbacks over the top. The junior is a reliable last line of defense. Adams is adept at reading a quarterback's eyes and breaking on the ball. By being around the ball so much, Adams puts himself in position to make a lot of big plays. He has good hands and ball skills to create interceptions, particularly. In zone coverage, Adams is very dangerous as he uses his instincts and intelligence to get in position to affect passing routes. 

In run defense, Adams is a reliable tackler who flies around the field. He will come downhill and pop running backs in the tackle box or on the perimeter. Adams is a reliable tackler and doesn't miss a lot of plays because he is going for knockout blows. 

I think Adams will be a dangerous weapon in the NFL and could be a potential Pro Bowl safety. He has the versatility to play in all parts of the field. With his pass-coverage skills, speed, athleticism and instincts, Adams could be a difference-maker.

Jabrill Peppers*, S, Michigan 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 208. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.40. 
Projected Round (2017): 1. 
11/12/16: Peppers is having an excellent season for Michigan with 53 tackles, 13.5 for a loss, 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble. He has been phenomenal on punt returns. Peppers also has contributed on offense with 17 carries for 150 yards and three touchdowns. 

The media has been busy overhyping Peppers to a degree. In speaking to NFL evaluators, they think Peppers is a great athlete who has some deficiencies in pass coverage. That is evidenced by his zero interceptions or passes broken up this season. In fact, Peppers has zero interceptions across his collegiate career. Sources say they are projecting Peppers to be a hybrid dime linebacker and safety, similar to Arizona's Deone Bucannon. 

8/20/16: Some scouts tell WalterFootball.com that their early impression of Peppers is that he is a better athlete than Jalen Ramsey, the fifth-overall pick to the Jaguars in the 2016 NFL Draft. Peppers mainly played strong safety for Michigan in 2015, totaling 45 tackles with 10 passes broken up. On offense, he was a gadget player with 18 carries for 72 yards and a touchdown. Peppers also had eight receptions for 79 yards. He averaged 11.4 yards per punt return as well. 

I feel that Peppers, as a defensive back, is a better fit as a safety than a corner. He has some instincts and is quick to diagnosis rushing plays. Peppers is also a physical tackler and doesn't hesitate to run into the scrum to make a tackle. In pass coverage, he has played a variety of techniques. Peppers has played some press-man cornerback on the outside, some off-man coverage over slot receivers, some off-man coverage against tight ends, and some zone coverage in the middle of the field. Michigan hasn't lined him up deep as a free safety, however. As a press-man corner, Peppers has the skills to battle big possession receivers. He looks a little slow to react in off-man coverage to flip his hips and run, so he can be caught flat-footed. There have been times when slot receivers and tight ends achieved some separation because of that. 

I think Peppers is more of a safety for the NFL as well. With some development, I think he could be a nice weapon to be a strong safety who also contributes to playing man coverage against pass-receiving tight ends. Peppers is a good tackler and willing run defender, so playing in or around the tackle box shouldn't be a problem for him.

Marcus Maye, S, Florida 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 203. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.63. 
Projected Round (2017): 1-2. 
11/12/16: Maye has played well overall for Florida, showing the versatility to be a free or strong safety. He has 49 tackles, one interception and five passes broken up on the season. In many games, Maye makes a lot of impressive plays, but also has a bust here or there that hurts his team with a huge play. Maye is often the last line of defense, so when he has a bust, it leads to points for the offense. He also has made a number of touchdown-saving tackles. 

Sources say they like Maye, but that he frustrates them by giving up some plays he shouldn't allow to happen. They say he is athletic with decent range, good in coverage underneath in the short area, and a nice fit in the box against the run. His off-man coverage against tight ends, on the other hand, they label as not great. Too much space for Maye is a bad thing as he struggles going backward. He is at his best coming forward in the short area. Teams see Maye as a second-round caliber player who might end up going late in the first round. 

8/20/16: Maye totaled 82 tackles, six pass breakups and two interceptions in 2015. He was a solid free safety for Florida and generally a good deep center fielder, but he had an ugly performance against Alabama in the SEC Championship and didn't finish well against Michigan in the bowl game. Sources say Maye has good free safety pass-coverage potential for the NFL, but has some kinks to work out. 

After a rough start to 2014, Maye showed some improvement as a starter over the course of the year. He was put in some man situations in Will Muschamp's defense and didn't perform all that well, but he finished the year well. Maye recorded 62 tackles with an interception and five passes broken up that season.

Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.58. 
Projected Round (2017): 1-2. 
11/12/16: Evans created a real buzz with his Week 1 game against UCLA, and there is talk that he could be a first-round pick. In the season opener, Evans made eight tackles and two interceptions. 

Evans has good size with coverage skills in the pass game and an ability to tackle in the ground game. While Myles Garrett gets all the attention, Evans could be another Aggie defender who is a Thursday night selection. 

In 2016, the senior has 66 tackles with six passes broken up and four interceptions. He had 78 tackle with three pass breakups and one interception last season.

Armani Watts*, S, Texas A&M 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.57. 
Projected Round (2017): 2-3. 
11/12/16: Watts has made some huge clutch plays in 2016 for the Aggies. On the year, he has 56 tackles with six for a loss, two forced fumbles, three passes broken up and two interceptions. 

Watts has instincts and is a hard hitter. He has free safety potential for the NFL with his ability to contribute in pass coverage. The junior is an instinctive defender who also is capable of making tackles in space. 

8/20/16: Watts is a fast, physical safety that has a ton of potential. In 2015 he had 126 tackles with six for a loss, two pass break ups, and an interception. As a freshman in 2014, he had three interceptions, nine passes broken up, and 59 tackles.

Fish Smithson, S, Kansas 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 210. 
11/12/16: On the season, Smithson has 64 tackles with five passes broken up, two interceptions and two forced fumbles. He has played really well in pass coverage and run defense. Smithson could be a steal. 

8/20/16: In 2015 on an 0-12 team, Smithson led the nation with 7.9 solo tackles per game on 87 solo tackles. He totaled 111 stops with two interceptions, five passes broken up and one forced fumble on the year. One general manager told WalterFootball.com that in studying pre-draft tape, Smithson has really jumped out at them and they're excited to watch him this fall.

Quin Blanding*, S, Virginia 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 215. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.62. 
11/12/16: Blanding has 90 tackles in 2016 with five passes broken up and two interceptions. 

8/20/16: In 2015, Blanding recorded 115 tackles with an interception and three passes batted. He had the most tackles of any freshman in college football in 2014 with 123 stops. Blanding also had three interceptions and six passes defensed.

Kai Nacua, S, BYU 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. 
Projected Round (2017): 2-4. 
11/12/16: Nacua had a fabulous start to his senior season with some big games in terms of creating turnovers. In 2016, he has 38 tackles with five interceptions. 

This isn't an anomaly as Nacua showed excellent instincts as a junior. He was ballhawk in 2015 with six interceptions, and he was on pace to pass that total this season after only two games. If Nacua can get back to that level of play, his stock is going to really rise as senior.

Budda Baker*, S, Washington 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 192. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.65. 
Projected Round (2017): 2-4. 
11/12/16: In 2016, Baker has 40 tackles with one interception and two passes broken up. He needs to get stronger to tackle in the NFL. 

8/20/16: In 2015, Baker recorded 49 tackles with seven passes broken up and two interceptions. He had 80 tackles, six pass breakups and an interception as a freshman.

Johnathan Ford, S, Auburn 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 203. 
Projected Round (2017): 3-4. 
11/12/16: Ford has 50 tackles with seven passes broken up so far this season. 

8/20/16: Ford has been a solid defender for Auburn the past few seasons. In 2015, he totaled 118 tackles with one sack, two passes broken up and two interceptions, plus showed that he is a threat as a kick returner. As a sophomore, Ford had 93 tackles with three interceptions.

Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 194. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.59. 
11/12/16: Jackson was solid for Alabama as its deep free safety. On the year, he had 24 tackles with two passes broken up, one interception that was returned 55 yards for a touchdown, and two punts returned for touchdowns. His season ended after eight games due to a broken leg. 

8/20/16: Jackson (6-0, 194) massively improved after a move to safety from cornerback for 2015. He had six interceptions, 46 tackles and two passes broken up there in the new position last season. Jackson has looked natural as a coverage free safety who can cover in man and play the deep centerfield. As a sophomore, Jackson was a corner who totaled 41 tackles with six passes broken up and one interception. He had 19 tackles with two passes broken up and a pick in 2013. 

Jackson needs to continue to add weight to tackle in the NFL.

Tony Conner, S, Ole Miss 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 217. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
11/12/16: Conner doesn't look like the same player since his knee injury. He doesn't look as fast or explosive. Conner has 29 tackles, four passes broken up and zero interceptions thus far this year. 

5/4/16: Conner had 17 tackles in 2015, but only played in five games. He tore his meniscus against Alabama and missed the majority of the season. The Rebels really missed him in a number of games. Even though he has played some nickel corner, Conner would fit best as a coverage safety in the middle of the field and not as a cover corner in the NFL. Ole Miss lines him up all over the place from slot corner, outside corner, in-the-box safety, outside linebacker and even as an edge rusher. For the NFL, strong safety is probably his best fit. 

Conner totaled 69 tackles with nine tackles for a loss, an interception and two passes broken up in 2014. As a freshman, he totaled 66 tackles with five tackles for a loss, one sack, one interception and seven passes broken up.

Dominick Sanders*, S, Georgia 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 189. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.58. 
11/12/16: In 2016, Sanders has 24 tackles, five passes broken up and two interceptions. 

8/20/16: Sanders had a huge 2015 season in pass coverage. On the year, the sophomore had six interceptions with six passes broken up. he also chipped in 48 tackles. Sanders showed his ball skills as a freshman with three picks and five passes broken up. Getting stronger and improving his tackling production could help him as a junior.

Orion Stewart, S, Baylor 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205. 
11/12/16: Stewart has 42 tackles with four interceptions and four passes broken up this season. 

8/20/16: Stewart had a mixed 2015 season. He flashed on the field at times but also missed some action with an injury and had a suspension. The junior had 64 tackles, one interception, one forced fumble and three passes broken up on the year. Stewart had a better season as a sophomore with 82 tackles, four interceptions and three passes batted.

Demetrious Cox, S, Michigan State 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 198. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.53. 
11/12/16: For the season, Cox has 49 tackles with five passes broken up. He has been a solid defender for the Spartans. His run defense is ahead of his pass coverage. 

9/3/16: Cox was a tough corner for the Spartans in 2015 and was productive in the ground game as well as being reliable in pass coverage. On the year, he had three interceptions, seven passes broken up and 79 tackles. It was Cox's first season as a starter, so he could be better now that he has a year of experience.

Nate Gerry, S, Nebraska 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.75. 
Projected Round (2016): 3-4. 
11/12/16: In 2016, Gerry has 59 tackles with six passes broken up and four interceptions. 

8/20/16: Gerry played really well for Nebraska in 2015. He had 79 tackles with four interceptions and seven passes broken up on the year. Gerry has put together a number of good games and clutch plays for Nebraska; however, he is a smart, gritty player who could be short on the physical skills for the NFL. 

Gerry was a productive player for Nebraska as a sophomore in 2014. That season, he totaled 88 tackles with five interceptions, two forced fumbles and four passes broken up. If Gerry can maintain, or build on, that production, it could do a lot to mitigate concerns about his size and speed for the NFL.

Donnie Miles*, S, North Carolina 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210. 
11/12/16: Miles has 78 tackles and one pass broken up on the season. 

8/20/16: Miles put together a huge 2015 season for the Tar Heels in terms of run defense and was one of their best players. He totaled 128 tackles on the season, but had zero interceptions and two passes broken up. Miles notched one breakup, zero picks, and 53 tackles as a freshman. Improving his pass coverage and production would help him as a junior.

Ahmad Thomas, S, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 215. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.67. 
11/12/16: Thomas has 43 tackles with two for a loss and one sack on the year. 

8/20/16: In 2015, Thomas totaled 75 tackles with three interceptions and three passes broken up. He had 75 tackles and a pick the year before. Thomas is a solid run defender who could rise with a big season in pass coverage.

Randall Goforth, S, UCLA 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 190. 
Projected Round (2017): 3-5. 
11/12/16: This year, Goforth has three interceptions, six passes broken up and 39 tackles. He's been solid for the Bruins. 

8/20/16: Goforth was a solid defender for the Bruins last year with two interceptions, six breakups, and 70 tackles. It was a respectable return to the field after missing almost all of the 2014 season after needing surgeries on both shoulders. As a sophomore in 2013, he had his best season with 78 tackles, two interceptions and six passes broken up.

Josh Harvey-Clemons, S, Louisville 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 212. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.65. 
Projected Round (2017): 3-5. 
11/12/16: Harvey-Clemons has 56 tackles with two passes broken up in 2016. He has a good physical skill set, but he doesn't really play or produce up to it. 

8/20/16: Harvey-Clemons played well for Louisville to start the 2015 season and did well against Auburn, but had some quiet games otherwise. He totaled 80 tackles with two interceptions and three passes broken up on the year. 

Harvey-Clemons didn't play in the 2014 season after being dismissed from Georgia in February 2014 over multiple off-the-field issues. For the Bulldogs, he broke into the starting lineup in 2013 and totaled 66 tackles with one interception, five passes broken up and two forced fumbles.

Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 217. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.53. 
Projected Round (2017): 4-6. 
11/12/16: Every year, there are some size/speed freaks who rise up draft boards, and Melifonwu will be one of those prospects in 2016. Melifonwu has great size and also is a fast defender. The senior has 83 tackles on the season to go with three pass broken up and four interceptions. As a junior in 2015, he had 88 tackles with two interceptions and five passes broken up. Sources say that Melifonwu needs development, and thus, they have him graded later on Day 3; however, they think the team that likes Melifonwu enough to draft him could do so in the mid-rounds.

John Johnson, S, Boston College 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 202. 
11/12/16: Sources say that Johnson is grading out as a fourth- or fifth-round pick. The 6-foot-1, 202-pounder has a nice skill set and has shown some ball skills over the past two seasons. In 2016, the senior has 51 tackles with four passes broken up and one interception. He had three interceptions, three passes broken up and 63 tackles in 2015. Johnson hasn't gotten much media acclaim, but he has made a good enough impression on NFL evaluators to earn a grade in the early portion of Day 3 during the 2017 NFL Draft.

Godwin Igwebuike*, S, Northwestern 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.59. 
11/12/16: So far in 2016, Igwebuike has totaled 79 tackles with six passes broken up and one interception. 

8/20/16: Igwebuike was a good contributor in 2015 for a tough Northwestern defense. On the year, he totaled 87 tackles with five breakups. Igwebuike had three interceptions and 51 tackles as a freshman. Improving his ball skills and production are necessary for the redshirt junior's stock to rise.

Quincy Mauger, S, Georgia 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.61. 
11/12/16: Mauger has 17 tackles with one pass broken up and two interceptions in 2016. 

8/20/16: Last season, Mauger racked up 58 tackles and five passes broken up, but zero interceptions. He had some lapses in coverage and is more of a strong safety. Mauger was able to work his way on to the field as a freshman in 2013 and contributed 57 tackles with an interception for the Bulldogs. As a sophomore, he showed improved pass-coverage ability as he recorded four interceptions and four passes broken up while making 51 tackles.

Jaleel Wadood*, S, UCLA 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 175. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.69. 
Projected Round (2017): 5-7. 
11/12/16: Wadood has 52 tackles with four passes broken up in 2016. 

8/20/16: Wadood had an impressive 2015 season for UCLA with 72 tackles, four breakups and two interceptions. He needs to add more size to his frame for tackling in the NFL.

Tyree Robinson*, S, Oregon 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.64. 
11/12/16: Robinson has 44 tackles, one interception and five passes broken up in 2016. 

8/20/16: Robinson could easily rise in these rankings in the months to come. In 2015, he notched 64 tackles with three interceptions and five passes broken up. Robinson has nice length to him.

Evan Berry*, S, Tennessee 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 207. 
11/12/16: Berry has just 12 tackles this season, but has done well on kick returns. 

8/20/16: Berry was a phenomenal kick returner in 2015 for Tennessee with three touchdowns and a ridiculous average of 38.3 yards per kick return. He hasn't made a big impact on defense yet, so he has to earn a role there and produce in order to be viewed as more than a backup safety and returner.

Steven Parker*, S, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 201. 
Projected Round (2017): 6-FA. 
11/12/16: On the year, Parker has totaled 40 tackles with two interceptions and two passes broken up. 

8/20/16: Parker recorded 60 tackles with four passes broken up in 2015 after contributing 31 tackles with six breakups as a freshman. He needs to build on that production as a junior.

Nate Andrews, S, Florida State 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
11/12/16: Andrews is out for the season after tearing a pectoral muscle. He totaled 18 tackles with an interception as a rotational player with Derwin James out. 

8/20/16: In 2015, Andrews recorded 25 tackles and three passes broken up. He didn't look anything like the player he was in 2014 and lost his starting spot to Lemarcus Brutus. 

Andrews was very good for Florida State in 2014. He racked up 93 tackles with three interceptions and five passes broken up on the year. As a freshman, Andrews totaled four interceptions, forced three fumbles, eight passes broken up and 35 tackles.

Max Redfield, S, Notre Dame 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 198. 
11/12/16: Redfield was arrested in August and kicked off the Notre Dame football team. 

8/20/16: Redfield has talent, but dealt his draft stock a blow when he landed a suspension to conclude the 2015 season. Redfield had 64 tackles with two passes broken up and an interception in 2015. He recorded 68 tackles, one interception, and two passes broken up in his first season as a starter.

Leon McQuay III, S, USC 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 185. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.66. 
Projected Round (2017): 7-FA. 
11/12/16: McQuay has 31 tackles with two passes broken up and one interception this season. 

8/20/16: In 2015, McQuay had 18 tackles with three passes broken up. He was USC's starting strong safety for the majority of 2014 and totaled 36 tackles, four passes broken up, two interceptions and a forced fumble.

PLAYER (40)
POS.
TO
GP
TKL
SCK
QBHIT
FF
INT
2016 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Eric Berry FS 27 KC TBD 11 57       2 $10,806,000 UFA Market Value
Christopher Conte FS 27 TB TBD 11 65       2 $3,000,000 UFA -
Nate Allen FS 29 OAK TBD 9 6         $3,000,000 UFA -
Jahleel Addae SS 26 SD TBD 3 19         $2,553,000 UFA -
Bradley McDougald FS 26 TB TBD 11 62       2 $2,553,000 UFA -
Mike Adams SS 35 IND TBD 11 51   2 1   $2,425,000 UFA -
Barry Church SS 28 DAL TBD 10 45       2 $2,206,750 UFA -
Rashad Johnson FS 30 TEN TBD 11 32         $2,000,000 UFA -
Matt Elam SS 25 BAL TBD 8 1         $1,691,751 UFA -
Tony Jefferson SS 24 ARI TBD 11 73 2 4 2   $1,671,000 UFA Market Value
D.J. Swearinger SS 25 ARI TBD 11 42 1 1   3 $1,671,000 UFA -
Quintin Demps SS 31 HOU TBD 8 33   1 1 2 $1,500,000 UFA -
Rafael Bush FS 29 DET TBD 11 42 1 1   2 $1,500,000 UFA -
John Cyprien SS 26 JAC TBD 11 82 1 1     $1,367,276 UFA -
Anthony Levine FS 29 BAL TBD 11 9   1     $1,100,000 UFA -
Roman Harper SS 33 NO TBD 11 9         $1,065,000 UFA -
Jamarca Sanford SS 31 NO TBD 4           $965,000 UFA -
Colin Jones FS 29 CAR TBD 9 3         $927,500 UFA -
Michael Griffin FS 31 CAR TBD 8 16         $885,000 UFA -
James Ihedigbo SS 33 BUF TBD 2 4         $885,000 UFA -
Robert Blanton SS 27 BUF TBD 10 35         $840,000 UFA -
Chris Prosinski SS 29 CHI TBD 11 23         $840,000 UFA -
Colt Anderson SS 31 BUF TBD 2 2         $840,000 UFA -
Brynden Trawick SS 27 OAK TBD 10 12         $825,000 UFA -
Sergio Brown FS 28 BUF TBD 3 3         $760,000 UFA -
Shiloh Keo SS 28 NO TBD 8 6         $760,000 UFA -
Major Wright S 28 TB TBD             $760,000 UFA -
T.J. McDonald SS 25 LA TBD 11 42 1 3   1 $731,570 UFA -
Kelcie McCray SS 28 SEA TBD 11 35         $717,500 UFA -
J.J. Wilcox FS 27 DAL TBD 11 43     1   $702,767 UFA -
Duron Harmon SS 25 NE TBD 11 18     1 1 $677,775 UFA -
Duke Ihenacho SS 27 WAS TBD 10 33   1     $675,000 UFA -
Michael Thomas FS 27 MIA TBD 11 32 1 2 1   $675,000 UFA -
Don Jones FS 26 HOU TBD 9 7         $675,000 UFA -
Shamarko Thomas SS 25 PIT TBD 7 6         $653,288 UFA -
Micah Hyde SS 25 GB TBD 11 38 1 2     $584,527 UFA -
Jordan Poyer FS 25 CLE TBD 6 39         $555,064 UFA -
Kemal Ishmael SS 25 ATL TBD 11 50         $551,474 UFA -
Daimion Stafford SS 25 TEN TBD 11 43       1 $551,474 UFA -
Donte Whitner SS 31 WAS TBD 7 43         - UFA -

I'd like to add Malik Hooker please, but very low chance of that unless he slips into the 20's.  Haven't seen many of these other guys play.  Hooker is a beast, though.

On 11/21/2016 at 1:41 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Funny, beginning of the season, I'd say you keep DJax over Garcon 10 out of 10 times, but now I think it's the opposite and I'm not a personal fan of Garcon.

I'd like to keep both, actually.  But, it's probably doubtful with Docston waiting in the wings.  I may have to agree with you and say that Garçon stays.  Djax is too fragile.

11 minutes ago, illone said:

I'd like to add Malik Hooker please, but very low chance of that unless he slips into the 20's.  Haven't seen many of these other guys play.  Hooker is a beast, though.

I'd like to keep both, actually.  But, it's probably doubtful with Docston waiting in the wings.  I may have to agree with you and say that Garçon stays.  Djax is too fragile.

Hooker is staying in school. :(

34 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Not sure I would welcome someone on the team whose last name is "hooker"...

I've had enough of one name controversy... Let's not add hookers to it...

At least he's a football player. I'm not saying we should be the 90's cowboys or anything.

Seriously though? Let's hope pepper's pops for weed or something and falls to us.

On 11/21/2016 at 3:41 PM, Koolblue13 said:

We've got a **** load of cap space and we're on the bubble now. 

Lots of money and picks this year. I think we're going to see a lot of activity this offseason.

I like the Pryor idea Conn.

You know the ebb and flow is funny. I always liked Garcon enough, but thought if push came to shove, I'd take a DJax all day long. But I to have flipped the script there. I think it is Garcon's Monk like work ethic and blocking in the run game....seems to have matured this year, still passionate but not out there arguing and getting dumb penalties. 

2 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

You know the ebb and flow is funny. I always liked Garcon enough, but thought if push came to shove, I'd take a DJax all day long. But I to have flipped the script there. I think it is Garcon's Monk like work ethic and blocking in the run game....seems to have matured this year, still passionate but not out there arguing and getting dumb penalties. 

He's become a very good and reliable Hines Ward type, which I absolutely love.

He'll have a big game today, with Reed out. Although, I'm sure DJax is licking his chops to humble an injured Peterson.

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's become a very good and reliable Hines Ward type, which I absolutely love.

He'll have a big game today, with Reed out. Although, I'm sure DJax is licking his chops to humble an injured Peterson.

He has  become that guy. The guy who is always out there fighting to make plays happen. Blocking for the run game and taking on LBers constantly. 

Archived