Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Knoxnews.com: Pat Summit "surrounded by those who mean the most to her" (update-Summit has passed)

zoony

I was not a huge follower of WCBB but she was always one of those names that you are familiar with anyway. I remember watching an HBO doc back when Tennessee vs. UConn was a huge rivalry (maybe still is?) UConn had Karen Wohlers and a budding star in Rebecaa Lobo.  Not sure who was the defending champ at the time of the doc, but it was a doc I didn't think I would have a huge interest in but I was pulled in and ended up watching it more than a couple times.

Sad news.

Hopefully if it's her time she goes peacefully. Her impact here has been significant.

Truly.  Her intense stare & sometimes harsh approach with her players was just a way of saying, "You're not 'just a girl playing basketball'...you can be 'the greatest girl to play basketball'"

I just saw she has passed, per ABC news here in ATL. 

Safe passing, you did it all, Pat.  HAIL!

She was a legend. I barely follow women's basketball, but anyone who knows sports know Pat Summitt. RIP.

Quoting an article -

In her 38 years at Tennessee, Summitt won eight national titles and 1,098 games -- the most by any Division 1 basketball coach, male or female. Her teams made an unprecedented 31 consecutive appearances in the NCAA Tournament.

Also read her players had 100% graduation rate. 2016 has indeed been rough. So many people dying. Life is short people, try to make every day memorable.

And it didn't even hit me until I made a post in the RTT a minute ago about a guy with two awesome Shelties that came in the other day...his house was being shown & he had to get out, and we were the only place he could think of with a covered deck...and they were Bella & Summitt (I got the connection right away with the orange UT leashes).
I hope he's doing OK. I know he's feeling a little pain for his muffin that he named for her. :wub:

Archived