Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 6

PleaseBlitz

Gotta be sooner than that. The nights watch wants his body for whatever reason and Davos had until "tonight" to surrender. Can't imagine they stretch that a whole season. Something is happening with JS body and I'm guessing we get some clarity by Episodes 2-4.

I still think there is no way they kill him off so if he has a meaningful role aside from being dead this season, they did a good job keeping it quiet.

Also, the lady knight is definitely a goner since she swore her allegiance to Sansa Stark. If that isn't the kiss of death, I don't know what is.

Unless we are about to see the rise of Sansa Stark. I could see her taking out some people for Sansa.

So does she put that necklace with that red jewel  on Jon Snow and restore him to an earlier age/time?

I think it's like a glamour/parlour trick. It makes her look much younger than she really is. 

I've watched live on HBO Go before, just watched this one in full at like 920pm.

I always watch on HBOGO like 30 seconds after it starts live. Always available right after it starts live when I log in.

Cool. I read online it wasn't live, so I just figured I'd check in after it was over. Good to know though, thanks. 

Gotta be sooner than that. The nights watch wants his body for whatever reason and Davos had until "tonight" to surrender. Can't imagine they stretch that a whole season. Something is happening with JS body and I'm guessing we get some clarity by Episodes 2-4.

Yeah, I'm expecting a kinda predicted this would happen. Either Melisandre is reviving him the way Beric Dondarrion was by Thoros, or they're burning the body by next week or the week after. 

I was maybe 80% sure they wouldn't bring him back in the first episode.

Still think he will be back at some point this season.

Too many plotlines seem to need him still, though I wonder if Davos or Sansa or Tormund or Bran could take over some.  

(seems more concise to have Jon as the main thing tying them together however)

And of course there are the theories, but we did see what those are worth when it came to Dorne (still not sure how I feel about that, although I had to chuckle at the thought of some of the really obsessed book fans' theories going up in flames.  

I will say it definitely caught me by surprise and I kind of liked it, even if I have no idea what they plan to do with Dorne, if anything now).

I kind of wished the episode had ended on something other than Mel's reveal, because I felt it needed a bit more of a hopeful punch at the end there, and they dragged it out a bit too much.

Other than that I thought it was a pretty good episode.  Definitely one of the better episode 1's.  I loved Brienne, Pod, and Theon getting in the action.

A lot did happen and a lot was re-establishing story lines. But I think a lot will happen in episode 2. I figured for sure we'd see Bran return. He was featured a lot in the trailers. I think his re-introduction will be one of the first real "moving the plot forward" events after the typical re establishing of episode one

Although that Melisandre thing was def crazy at the end and the whole Dorne going up in flames is basically a 180 from the books so that was interesting too

Man I read so many great fan theories about how Doran was involved in some super secret plots and plans to destroy the Lannisters from behind the scenes. The weak crippled man was just for show so people would underestimate and not suspect him while he pulled off the most amazing long con in the history of Westeros. He was just acting weak and not avenging Oberyn and Elia because he had some awesome plan already in motion from around the time after Elia had died so acting out after Oberyn died would blow all the carefully positioned pieces he had set up over decades. So I was very disappointed to find out he was nothing more than a weak crippled man it seems.

I also read quite a few theories about how Melissandre always wore the necklace because it was a glamour so at least some people nailed that theory. Sooooo weird to finally not know what is going on because I don't have book source material to fall back on. At least I can take comfort in the fact that if I don't really like this season the books have a lot of storylines that are completely different currently and the show is more like an alternate universe.

This is the only post in this thread that I will make that brings up the books from here forward, I'm sure no one wants to read about what myself and/or others think about this season and how it relates to the books. Sorry, it's just kind of shocking knowing I'm in the dark with everyone else now and after this episode I'm not really sure if I like that or not :). I was kind of disappointed with this episode to be honest.

I thought it was a decent season premiere. I also wouldn't say with 100% certainty what D&D on the show with characters will be the same as GRRM in the books. For example, I thought how Areo Hotah died was complete bull****, but I'm 100% certain Martin wouldn't write his fate that way. 

Some of my observations:

1) Does Oberyn's widow now rule Dorne? 

2) If she does rule Dorne, why does she think any of the other Lords and King Tommen will recognize the rule of a low born **** woman? Dorne is going down. Martell was right to be cautious. 

3) Wasn't Bron also on that ship? So he's not around twice when Myrcella dies and Trystane is killed. What the hell is he doing? 

I was maybe 80% sure they wouldn't bring him back in the first episode.

Still think he will be back at some point this season.

Too many plotlines seem to need him still, though I wonder if Davos or Sansa or Tormund or Bran could take over some.

(seems more concise to have Jon as the main thing tying them together however)

And of course there are the theories, but we did see what those are worth when it came to Dorne (still not sure how I feel about that, although I had to chuckle at the thought of some of the really obsessed book fans' theories going up in flames.

I will say it definitely caught me by surprise and I kind of liked it, even if I have no idea what they plan to do with Dorne, if anything now).

I kind of wished the episode had ended on something other than Mel's reveal, because I felt it needed a bit more of a hopeful punch at the end there, and they dragged it out a bit too much.

Other than that I thought it was a pretty good episode. Definitely one of the better episode 1's. I loved Brienne, Pod, and Theon getting in the action.

Hahaha ok since you brought it up and from what I've seen with your very informative posting in the other thread, it seems you are really plugged into all the game of thrones theories and stuff so I'm betting you have read the theories I have. Some well thought out fan theories that were really entertaining and made a lot of sense just went up in massive flames with barely even a whimper. Stuff that people were working on for years being hashed out, kicked around by many people, revised and written again repeating the process over and over for years since A Dance With Dragons released.

So to them the whole Doran Dorne storyline that seems to have mostly wrapped up with S6E1 events I'm sure was like having their theory set on fire, having a huge hocking loogey spit right into their eye, a slap to the face, a kick to the nuts on the way down and then their theory pissed on to put out the smoldering ashes. Honestly, reading some of the better well thought out theories is almost as fun if not more fun than reading the books or watching the show. Some really impressive creativity out there found in game of thrones fan theories.

I thought it was a decent season premiere. I also wouldn't say with 100% certainty what D&D on the show with characters will be the same as GRRM in the books. For example, I thought how Areo Hotah died was complete bull****, but I'm 100% certain Martin wouldn't write his fate that way.

Oh yeah I completely agree with you, but if it just happened in the show I would have to assume while it might and probably won't go down the same way in the books, they must not have too big a role left for the story since they are now dead. That's why I was saying I consider the show basically like an alternate time line.

Ok now I'm serious, I'll continue any thoughts I might have regarding this stuff to the other thread so I'm not cluttering up this thread with stuff that isn't directly related to the tv show. Nothing I've said was a spoiler it was just my own speculation. I don't read the spoilers for the books or the shows, I just see Visionary posting a lot in the other thread and I'll read Visionarys posts if they aren't show rumors, casting news and stuff like that.

I agree with you StillUnknown. The whole Dorne storyline so far on the show has just felt very uninspired like D&D just don't know how to write the entire Dorne setting and it has all seemed quite pointless. The Sand Snakes were terrible last year and I didn't really like the Dorne stuff tonight either.

Are we allowed to post and discuss the inside the episode videos they post to the Official Game of Thrones YouTube channel after episodes? Those videos are sometimes really insightful but since it isn't actually on the game of thrones show itself during the official broadcast I don't want to risk breaking any rules and upsetting anyone that might not want to know that type of stuff. I can and will embed the S6E1 inside the episode from YouTube on here if it's not breaking any rules. It's an official video about the episode from the Official Game of Thrones YouTube Channel and this one has D&D explaining what some of the characters were thinking regarding the bigger scenes during S6E1. I wouldn't really consider these videos spoilers and they are actually very useful in explaining what is going on during the scenes they discuss and I think people here would really enjoy those videos each week after the episode airs.

I agree with you StillUnknown. The whole Dorne storyline so far on the show has just felt very uninspired like D&D just don't know how to write the entire Dorne setting and it has all seemed quite pointless. The Sand Snakes were terrible last year and I didn't really like the Dorne stuff tonight either.xplaining what is going on during the scenes they discuss and I think people here would really enjoy those videos each week after the episode airs.

wasn't a fan of the Sand Snakes last season mainly because I thought their acting sucked. The way everything has played out so far makes those in charge of Dorne look like weak, idiots. Kinda flies directly against how the show portrayed Oberyn.

they couldn't even give ol boy's bodyguard a proper death. a ****ing dagger to the back? thats weak. At least the lil dude got a spear through the face after showing a little courage

Pretty annoyed that HBO doesn't allow live streaming of their shows through HBO NOW or HBO GO. At least for users on a PC accessing it through a web browser. Literally every network is doing this now. Guess I'm going to need to avoid all social media until they post the episode after it airs, which sometimes takes hours.

I watched pretty much every ep on HBO go last season, either through roku or chrome cast. My recollection is they were available at 10:01 prompt every time. I never remember taking it hours, or being available before the original broadcast ended (although after 1-2 that way I probably didn't check at 920 any more).

Fwiw...

I agree with you StillUnknown. The whole Dorne storyline so far on the show has just felt very uninspired like D&D just don't know how to write the entire Dorne setting and it has all seemed quite pointless. The Sand Snakes were terrible last year and I didn't really like the Dorne stuff tonight either.

Are we allowed to post and discuss the inside the episode videos they post to the Official Game of Thrones YouTube channel after episodes? Those videos are sometimes really insightful but since it isn't actually on the game of thrones show itself during the official broadcast I don't want to risk breaking any rules and upsetting anyone that might not want to know that type of stuff. I can and will embed the S6E1 inside the episode from YouTube on here if it's not breaking any rules. It's an official video about the episode from the Official Game of Thrones YouTube Channel and this one has D&D explaining what some of the characters were thinking regarding the bigger scenes during S6E1. I wouldn't really consider these videos spoilers and they are actually very useful in explaining what is going on during the scenes they discuss and I think people here would really enjoy those videos each week after the episode airs.

Tis fine

Also, I watched last night's episode on HBO Go, just li,email every other episode

Watched silicon valley too, which was a 10x better first episode

The show has butchered Dorne. You would think it was a desert paradise ruled by the crippled Doran the crazy sand snakes and no one else.

It's basically the Middle East of this world, but they've done a terrible job relaying that. The sand snakes taking over Dorne and turning against the Lannisters should be huge for this plot line. They'd make natural allies with Dany if she ever comes over, but if you go just off the show's portrayal you'd be like "eh who cares if Dany has the support of the sand snakes" when it's the equivalent of having the support of the "north" in terms of numbers

My confusion with HBO Go was due to an article I read that had some wrong information on it. This will be the first season where I couldn't watch the live episodes in the comfort of my home. I didn't even check to see when it was posted to HBO Go until like 10:30. But it's good to know I can watch it sooner.

Was anyone else perturbed that the fist 10 minutes of this 57 minute episode was a season recap and credits?

Considering how we have so many viewers who have confused names of countries with people and not knowing what's going on, they probably should've went a step further and aired a recap episode last week.

Maaan, was hoping we'd at least get a few badass fight scenes with Hotah before he got killed off.  Appeared to be a badass warrior.  Oh well... Agree w/ you overall, it was a descent kick-off episode.

This is the HBO Game Of Thrones Official inside the episode Season 6 Episode 1 With D&D (David and David are the executive producers) commentary about the more major scenes of the episode. It gives good insight sometimes that people may not pick up during the episode. It's not really spoilers but like I said it does give information about scenes. For example, the David's discuss how old Melisandre really is. They say they hinted at it in a previous episode and wanted the ending scene to show her age along with some other thoughts. Enjoy. Some of these inside the episodes are better than others but they are good companion videos to the episodes.

Recap for those who are confused:

Dorne: The south --- ruled by the Martells --- Sand Snakes are the **** daughters of Oberyn, who was the younger brother and Prince to the crippled guy, Doran --- who's son, Trystane, was also murdered --- their youngest sister Ellia was married to Danny's older brother Rhaegar --- and she and her two children were killed by the Lannisters when they turned on the Targaryans in favor of Robert Baratheon and stormed the city. Hence Oberyn's Season 4 obsession with revenge. Also, Dorne for all intents and purposes seceded from the kingdom, and because of their isolation, made it easy to do.

North/Winterfell: Starks and Boltons have dominated the North for years but the Starks put down the Boltons a few hundred years ago but always were united against anyone invading the North. Roose took an opportunity to turn on the Starks to return Boltons to rulers of the North.

Eyrie: Aryns --- the little cripple boy and Cats sister --- married to the old King of the Hand for Robert and "father figure" to Ned and Robert growing up

Riverlands: Cat (Tully) Stark's family --- located between Kings Landing and the North --- included are Cat's uncle the Blackfish and brother Edmere who we haven't seen since the Red Wedding but are presumed alive

Stormlands: Baratheon homeland before taking the crown from Targaryans

Dragonstone: Targaryan ancestral homeland (at least for the last few hundred years after they came over from Valleria) --- where Stannis started the series --- also where Dany was born before having to escape to Essos when Robert came to power. Located off the east coast between Westeros and Essos.

Oldtown: Tyrell homelands --- borders Dorne and Casterly rock areas and is located on the West Coast

Casterly Rock area: Lannister land --- located north of Tyrell territory and west of the Riverlands

Iron Islands: Boring pirate people who have been reeving the lands for centuries and never really part of mainland Westeros, but were brought into kingdom by the Targaryans --- rebelled against Robert right after he came on --- were squashed by Ned Stark, hence why he took Theon as his "ward and prisoner" --- the heir to the Iron Islands --- to punish the Greyjoys for rebelling.

And for fun and the older crowd around here, here is Daenerys Targaryen taking off on Drogon set to the never ending story music which IMHO is pretty funny. The CGI looks a lot like the scene where Atreyu is flying on Falcor. I had a good laugh last year when I saw it after the finale. I used to love this movie as a kid and would watch it with my brother and sister when we were all under 7 years old all the time.

Archived