Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here’s an Amazing Story of Jeremiah Trotter Knocking Out LaVar Arrington

Boss_Hogg

Good for him!

http://phillyinfluencer.com/2016/01/heres-an-amazing-story-of-jeremiah-trotter-knocking-out-lavar-arrington-during-training-camp/

Audio Included in link

"I really made an ultimatum for myself, I shouldn’t have done it. I told the guys in the car, I said, ‘ya’ll mark my words, I’m tired of trying to make peace with this guy. If he says one more word to me, ya’ll mark what I say, I’m gonna put him to sleep. Just like that.’ And the guys, they were still cracking jokes, they didn’t really think about it. They didn’t realize how serious I was.

So, we get into meetings. The way they got meetings set up is … dividers – defensive linemen in one room, defensive backs in another room, and we are in our room. And we get to the play. Now Jaws Edwards could have prevented the whole situation if he had just skipped over the play. But we got to the play, and Jaws was like, ‘Trot, man. You and L.A. – we’re a team, we gotta stick together. Once Trot makes the call, it’s not the safety’s job to come change it.’

So I’m sitting in the front row. It’s me on the left side, Jessie Armstead in the middle, and LaVar Arrington on the right side. And when the coach said that, he [Arrington] said, ‘No, f— that! I want everybody to see he don’t know what the f— he doing!’ So I didn’t say nothing. I just leaned over and looked at him. And I would’ve let that one slide. But, Jaws was like, ‘No, no, it’s just the middle linebacker’s job to make the call and roll with it.’ And [Arrington] got even louder. I guess he took my kindness for my weakness. ‘No, f— that!’ He just started getting crazy. So, I stood up and as I’m standing up, I’m talking out loud … ‘I’m through playing. I ain’t talking no more’ but I’m talking out loud to myself. I think I’m saying it in my head, but I’m actually talking out loud. So I stood up and I pushed the chair back, and when he stood up he lunged and swung at me. And when he did, I faded and caught him with an overhand right. Yeah, he was out. You ever see a boxer fall? When he hit the table, he kind of came back. At that time, I just blanked out, so I was going in.”

George Edwards was in so far over his head as a DC. And Arrington is hands down the most overrated Redskin ever.

I'm a bit surprised word of this never leaked out. It reveals the sagacity of Gibbs' incessant plea to Beathard during the 80s - "Bring me smart players."

Arringtom was not a good football player. He was a physical freak who was the strongest and fastest guy on the field. But that faded quickly and when he had to rely on his intelligence a few years into his career, we saw how that ended

George Edwards. Those were the days. Pretty sure Om wrote a 10,000 word essay comparing him to Rocky though. Just kidding

Arringtom was not a good football player. He was a physical freak who was the strongest and fastest guy on the field. But that faded quickly and when he had to rely on his intelligence a few years into his career, we saw how that

I'm not a Lavar fan but the dysfunction of the organization had a lot to do with that. The one year he was in a structured environment under Schotty, Lavar was a beast. He played disciplined and had a great season.

The Lavar obsession/hatred here is hilarious.

I don't agree. 

I think the guy was an astronomical letdown. He was drafted to be a generational-type defensive player and he never came close to living up to that potential. Because he was serviceable for a couple years, he gets a pass in terms of being mentioned in the BUST discussions. However, I would make the case that he was a bigger bust than players like Shuler and Westbrook based on athletic ability, etc. 

Then, despite getting preferential treatment (which admittedly wasn't his fault) he left the team pouting and talking **** about the organization and the owner. He was a baby and a pretty disastrous #2 overall selection!

Lavar represented everything that was wrong with the Redskins during most of the Snyder era. All flash, no substance, all hype, no production. He was the ultimate marketing machine. He had hard hits, was a charismatic guy with a cool name, he was basically the Snyder wet dream football player.

Then, despite getting preferential treatment (which admittedly wasn't his fault) he left the team pouting and talking **** about the organization and the owner. He was a baby and a pretty disastrous #2 overall selection!

Not to mention his swim in Lake Me at Sean Taylor's funeral. Whoever's idea it was to let LaVar speak needs to be drawn and quartered. Sean looked like he wanted to kill LaVar after the shaving cream pie during his rookie TC.

Nick

I'm not a Lavar fan but the dysfunction of the organization had a lot to do with that. The one year he was in a structured environment under Schotty, Lavar was a beast. He played disciplined and had a great season.

Simply not true in the least. How did Samuels do?

Marvin Lewis saw he was dumb. Warren Sapp saw it too and called him out for it on ESPN. Mr Can't Get Right. That's his legacy

If you listen to the audio, Trotter says that Lavar would always talk about how buddy-buddy he was with "the owner."  Dan, you better hope McCloughan stays around for 15 years to make up for the train wreck you had this team at for your first 15 years heading the Skins.

Trotter also mentions that, after the punchout happened, that the guys were rushing to keep this quiet.......and Armstead immediately calls Ray Lewis and tells him about it :lol:

The only defensive coordinator who seemed to like Lavar was Kurt Schotferbrains, and he only got the job because his brother Schothead was the coach. The Skins defense was pathetic at the beginning of the 2001 season, so the piles of Schot decided to let Lavar loose while Kevin Mitchell held the center. Arrington's entire rep is based on 2 plays - ending Aikman's career and the INT against Carolina in 2001, and the endless hype surrounding his pre-injury athleticism.

Our best defense during his tenure here was 2004, when he was out all year. Ray Rhodes limited him to tight end coverage. Marv, who coaxed the one good full season out of him, used him as a poor man's Boulware...and Arrington fought him tooth and nail. Lewis called Lavar the most undisciplined player he's ever coached. Gregg Williams left him on the bench.

The supposed team dysfunction didn't stop guys like Marcus Washington, Cornelius Griffin, or Shawn Springs having career years here. Arrington was a driving force behind the dysfunction; a guy who believed his own hype machine and used his disproportionate influence to get the wrong man (Edwards) promoted, abdicate his responsibility on assignments (Jim Finn, anyone?), and badmouth coaches who tried to force him to...God forbid....play within a scheme.

Lavar was empowered by Dan Snyder. He felt he could mouth off to his teammates and treat everyone like ****. He was a huge symptom of the dysfunction that plagued us from 1999-2014.

Joe Gibbs put Arrington's ass in place in 2004. 

On behalf  of the Burgundy and Gold nation...Thank you Jeremiah Trotter...thank you. 

giphy.gif

Simply not true in the least. How did Samuels do?

Marvin Lewis saw he was dumb. Warren Sapp saw it too and called him out for it on ESPN. Mr Can't Get Right. That's his legacy

Guys like Samuels and others who thrived were actual professionals would excel in any environment. Lavar was an idiot. Big difference. All I'm saying was Kurt Schottenheimer reigned him in and had him playing great that year. Whatever Marty and Kurt did, worked.

IMO the reason why so many of us are against Lavar is because at the time I believe we had to make a decision between him and Bailey. We ended up trading Bailey to Denver and a 3rd pick for Portis which if you think about it was insane. Only if we traded Lavar.

Bailey wanted out of DC. That was happening

Technically it was his wife who wanted him out of DC. But still

Archived