Extremeskins

Remember when....... Lavar Arrington and Warren Sapp were going at it

CrypticVillain

Whose at fault??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Whose at fault??

• Track and officials
    • Athlete..luger

I do, and I don't think it actually came to fisticuffs. Warren Sapp use to run around on the other teams side of the field during warm-ups. He used to skip around and yell and all that other BS. I remember we was about to play the Bucs and I was thinking, if Warren Sapp tries to run around on our side of the field, I hope somebody hits him. Lavar Arrington must have felt the same way. He said, "I'm expecting for Warren Sapp to cause me to grab him -- because he's going to try to run through our lineup in pregame. You never let a man run through your stretching line." Yeah that is what I needed to hear. Like I said in the beginning, no punches were thrown, but I do remember them meeting at midfield during the warm-ups, being held back by referees and coaches.

In the end it didn't really matter, the Bucs blew the Redskins out and neither teams finish above .500 But I do remember when Lavar Arrington and Warren Sapp was going at it.

I was at that Bucs-Skins game, after all the talking. Sapp came out of the tunnel doing his usual yelling and skipping, but I noticed that he definitely avoided running through the Skins stretching line, and Arrington was staring at him waiting for him to do it.

I have no doubt Arrington would have cleaned him out if he had tried. Sapp knew what was up, and he avoided trouble. More players should have stood up to him the same way.

I was at that Bucs-Skins game, after all the talking. Sapp came out of the tunnel doing his usual yelling and skipping, but I noticed that he definitely avoided running through the Skins stretching line, and Arrington was staring at him waiting for him to do it.

I have no doubt Arrington would have cleaned him out if he had tried. Sapp knew what was up, and he avoided trouble. More players should have stood up to him the same way.

Don't sleep on Sapp. He was a real tough guy. I'm not sure who would have won if it came to blows.

With the way Lavar left it's easier to remember him as someone who didn't live up to his draft status... instead of the bad ass he was while he was here and healthy... Our defense has been missing a presence like his the last couple of years... We need a game changer...
Lavar was a guy that never lived up to his potential. He was another one of those guys people liked to make an excuse for because we had so many defensive coordinators during his time here.

Both correct-ish.

As for the not-having-a-presence-like-his, I call massive BS. Sean Taylor was more to the Redskins defense than Arrington ever was. He didn't run his mouth, but he was THE guy.

Don't sleep on Sapp. He was a real tough guy. I'm not sure who would have won if it came to blows.

You're right about that.

Sapp may look like the Stay-Puff Marshmellow Man, and act like a total fool but the man was one tough football player.

LaVarr on the other hand was one freak of a physical talent, but in an altercation with Sapp he would have likely wound up on the IR list with a strained this or twisted that.

I don't remember when they WAS going at it. I remember when they WERE going at it though.
Since you want to play king of diction and syntax...

You should have stated the following:

You forgot your 'comma'...Mr. Forum Police

This is such a dickish reply.

LOL, now this was funny. Honestly though, I can use some help with the grammatical skills

OT but do you all think Sapp is a HOFer?

I am not trying to hijack my own thread, but based on his play, Sapp is a borderline HOF'er. I think his personality will either help or hurt is chances. I would say his recent arrest will not benefit him, but I already said the same thing about Irvin.......

Say what you want about Arrington, the dude had his team back. I am not taking London Fletcher for granted by saying this, but we need some more aggression on defense. I would love to see a defense like I saw in 2005......

Well, actually, the reason Sapp didn't skip through the Redskins' warm-ups was not b/c he was afraid of Arrington.

It was b/c the NFL told him before that game that if he did anything like that again in a game, they were going to fine and/or suspend him.

He behaved himself. :)

I remember when Sapp called Arrington "Mr. Can't Get Right".

How correct Sapp was. :)

First of all, let me say that I've long been a Clinton Portis fan, but his me-me-me act has worn thin; to the point he can legitimately be considered a cancer on this team. I was thrilled to see someone -- ANYONE -- put the loud mouth from "The U" in his place. But coming from Lavar, and some of the things he was ranting about...part of me felt like I was listening to one chest-beating, blind fool hating on another chest beating, blind fool. Kind of like hearing Dominique Wilkins complain about someone shooting too much.

Let's not forget that -- on the topic of money -- it was Lavar who held out his rookie year and was given a threat by Dan Snyder to either report, or his contract offer would be reduced by something like $100,000/day until he did. It was Lavar who also whined and cried about the Redskins doing him wrong with his contract; when in reality, it was his ignorant agents who screwed up by not reading the bonus language correctly. And to hear him toot his own horn for restructuring his own deal twice so other free agents could be signed...so what? That's something a bunch of players do every year. He simply took his base pay in the form of bonus money, so it's not like he did something novel and truly selfless, like take a paycut. So for Lavar to set up there ans say it wasn't about the money...that's like Deion Sanders saying he was proud of his tackling skills.

Also, Lavar says he would never disrespect the game by calling out some of its greats. Uh, is this fool's memory confined to the last 12 months, because I recall very clearly him saying some not so kind things about the most idolized Redskin of them all, Joe Gibbs. Sam Huff and John Riggins are one thing, but there are none more respected or adored than Joe Gibbs. And yes, Lavar, you flat out talked sh/t about the coach when you had the opportunity; which, makes you the same as Clinton Portis, if not worse, because you p/ssed on a man who could justifiably have a statue in front of the stadium.

As for Warren Sapp, he's a hands-down, no-brainer, 1st ballot Hall of Fame pick. The guy was the most disruptive, dominate interior lineman of his era, was the centerpiece and best player on a perennial top 5 defense and won a Super Bowl in the process.

As for Warren Sapp, he's a hands-down, no-brainer, 1st ballot Hall of Fame pick. The guy was the most disruptive, dominate interior lineman of his era, was the centerpiece and best player on a perennial top 5 defense and won a Super Bowl in the process.

I agree completely other than 1st ballot. While I agree that he might be a 1st ballot I wouldn't say it's a done deal. It will rely as much on who else is up for induction as his production. I thought Shannon Sharpe would have been a first ballot after he shattered TE records. Who would have thought it would have taken Art Monk so long? Hall of fame voters are a strange people.

Archived