Extremeskins

Remember when....... Lavar Arrington and Warren Sapp were going at it

CrypticVillain

Whose at fault??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Whose at fault??

• Track and officials
    • Athlete..luger

I do, and I don't think it actually came to fisticuffs. Warren Sapp use to run around on the other teams side of the field during warm-ups. He used to skip around and yell and all that other BS. I remember we was about to play the Bucs and I was thinking, if Warren Sapp tries to run around on our side of the field, I hope somebody hits him. Lavar Arrington must have felt the same way. He said, "I'm expecting for Warren Sapp to cause me to grab him -- because he's going to try to run through our lineup in pregame. You never let a man run through your stretching line." Yeah that is what I needed to hear. Like I said in the beginning, no punches were thrown, but I do remember them meeting at midfield during the warm-ups, being held back by referees and coaches.

In the end it didn't really matter, the Bucs blew the Redskins out and neither teams finish above .500 But I do remember when Lavar Arrington and Warren Sapp was going at it.

Awesome, good for you man :applause:

In all seriousness, who really gives a crap?

Thanks! Did Lewis make a comment about Lavar at some point? What the hell was I thinking????

Also...other than insinuating that Lavar is stupid....is there some other history behind that name or why Lavar was specifically tagged with it?

i remember ray ray makin comments about lavar too, but i can't remember what they were. so either you're not crazy, or we're both crazy.

I'm sorry .. but I believe Sapp would have cleaned Lavar's clock had they gone at it. For a guy as big and strong as he was, Sapp was insanely quick which is what made him so freaking good. He's a HOFer IMO. Lavar had the potential, but he never amounted to anything close to it.

Million dollar body and potential. Ten cent brain. :doh:

Well, actually, the reason Sapp didn't skip through the Redskins' warm-ups was not b/c he was afraid of Arrington.

It was b/c the NFL told him before that game that if he did anything like that again in a game, they were going to fine and/or suspend him.

He behaved himself. :)

I remember when Sapp called Arrington "Mr. Can't Get Right".

How correct Sapp was. :)

exactly Arrington acted like a barking pit bull on a chain...knowing all along he wouldn't have to fight anyone...

it was like a Vegas pre-fight press conference shoving match without the moronic entourage

With the way Lavar left it's easier to remember him as someone who didn't live up to his draft status... instead of the bad ass he was while he was here and healthy... Our defense has been missing a presence like his the last couple of years... We need a game changer...

I totally agree, what I miss most about LA is his intencity on the field and the hard hits that man would bring. In his rookie season he would de-cleat running backs, and a few of them went strait to the sidelines after bing hit by Lavar.

Thanks! Did Lewis make a comment about Lavar at some point? What the hell was I thinking????

Also...other than insinuating that Lavar is stupid....is there some other history behind that name or why Lavar was specifically tagged with it?

Can't get right was the name of a character in the movie "Life". In the movie, can't get right was a mute who kept screwing up, (including knocking up the prison warden's daughter) but he was a stud at playing baseball so he got an early paroll to play ball. That's where it comes from.

Well, actually, the reason Sapp didn't skip through the Redskins' warm-ups was not b/c he was afraid of Arrington.

It was b/c the NFL told him before that game that if he did anything like that again in a game, they were going to fine and/or suspend him.

He behaved himself. :)

I remember when Sapp called Arrington "Mr. Can't Get Right".

How correct Sapp was. :)

I also thought earlier in the week the league threaten a 15 yard penalty on the team who's player skip though the other teams warm ups, in addition to fines and possible suspensions.

Archived