Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One Final Joe Jacoby HOF Vote

Leader In Sports

The numbers don't seem to be moving much. I wonder if they are updated your pick selections

The numbers don't move much because it is a national poll on a major website.  When this was first posted, Joe Jacoby was at 2%.  Now he is at 3%.

Of the non-glory positions, the top vote percentage is 4%.  Let's get Jake there.  Spread the word.

Yeah, but because of Owens' off-the-field stuff, he probably won't be first ballot.

That's an interesting one.  I don't know.

I mean, his off field stuff wasn't THAT bad.  No drugs or wifebeating or prison time.  The thing where he criticized McNabb on the radio and got suspended a few games for detrimental conduct is the worst one I remember.  The rest was just sort of him being a circus and the TD celebrations.  Nothing so bad that it should keep him out for a year in and of itself.  

I wonder what his relationship was like with the media.  That always seems to be much more of a driver than it should be.  Was he a circus that the media generally liked like Ochocinco or Portis?  Or a circus that was a complete dick like Bonds?

Seems like VERY few receivers get in first ballot, but with those stats and some of the backlog having been cleared I think he's a good candidate for it.  Especially in a year with only 1 slam dunk and the rest of the field wide open.

• 3 weeks later...

Dungy= overrated

How many other HOF coaches get fired then their replacement wins the Sb the following year? He had Peyton Manning in indy, should've won more than 1 SB IMO.

The HOF is and always has been a joke though so whatever. TO shouldn't be kept out because of butthurt media clowns IMO.

It amounts to highway robbery how disrespected the Skins of that era are by the media.

The most notorious offensive line ever, and one guy has squeaked in to the Hall. I'm not sure you can have it both ways. Either more Skins of that era need admittance to the Hall, or Joe Gibbs is by far the greatest NFL coach that ever lived because he went to 4 Superbowls with average players and no QB.

The Purple People Eaters, Orange Crush, the Steel Curtain, the Fearsome Foursome. Defenses have been getting nicknamed forever. No offensive line was, or has ever gained the notoriety that the Hogs did. None. The mainstays on that line were Grimm, Jacoby, and Bostic. One of three ain't good enough.

As much as he deserves to get in I can't say I'm surprised tbh. Lot of big names he was up against. Shocked TO didn't get in. 

I'm not.

Owens was a dynamic player, but a very controversial one.

He'll get in eventually, but they probably didn't want to make him a first ballot entrant.

So Orlando Pace gets in??  Jacoby was so superior to him....

Yeah, it is pretty despicable that Pace gets in before Jacoby, who has been waiting 20+ years.

That is no better than Irvin getting in before Monk.

I feel ill after reading this article 

http://articles.philly.com/2015-01-31/sports/58629479_1_pro-football-hall-marvin-harrison-football-fans

I was gonna make a joke, but this stuff is dark. Basically if you work for or cover the NFL these days, you are completely out of touch with reality. How many times can the league 'jump the shark'? I was cringing at a Dungy or stupid Kirk Warner selection over Jacoby, but this is wayy worse.

Dungy getting in is ridiculous. That's a "he's a nice guy" vote.

Yeah, I've never thought highly of Dungy. Never thought he was that great of a coach. He's basically what Jumbo or Zoony, can't remember who, call the average level of coaching in the NFL. Only to get lucky with Peyton.

But the fact that he's going into the HoF is not a surprise to me. But now, he's in, I'm wondering where's Doug Williams then...

I feel ill after reading this article 

http://articles.philly.com/2015-01-31/sports/58629479_1_pro-football-hall-marvin-harrison-football-fans

I was gonna make a joke, but this stuff is dark. Basically if you work for or cover the NFL these days, you are completely out of touch with reality. How many times can the league 'jump the shark'? I was cringing at a Dungy or stupid Kirk Warner selection over Jacoby, but this is wayy worse.

Whoa

I read the article also. Harrison is NOT a suspect and the world is one drug dealer down. I feel sorry for the dead drug dealer's family just I feel sorry for all the other families who have been ravaged by drugs, but that article is pure conjecture. If I was Harrison, I'd be on phone to my attorney and suing the @ss off that website and writer.

We have lost a street corner drug dealer. Cry me a river

Joe Jacoby not being in the NFL HOF is ridiculous. The Hogs not being in as a special unit is stupid. 

What Joe did over a long stretch of time is a demonstration of excellence. He also helped reinvent the modern o line. They started drafting and looking for players who looked like Jacoby. If nothing else, the 91 season where his line obliterated everyone and allowed six sacks for an entire season at the very end of his career is testament to how good he was. That's how good he was after the surgeries and after almost ten years of battling.

The man helped his team get to four Super Bowls and win three of them. The only constant on that team was Joe Gibbs and the offensive line. Each winner had a different QB and running back. I think even Art Monk sat out one of the Super Bowls with an injury. So, do we really think that the Redskins became elite without any great players?

Ridiculous.

Archived