Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One Final Joe Jacoby HOF Vote

Leader In Sports

why does it feel like it's a struggle to get member of a team that played in 3 super bowls in one decade, and 1 early into the next decade, winning 3 of them, into the HOF?

we have quite a few players in... but it feels like every one is a struggle and takes entirely too long...

It's a damn shame for Jacoby being denied his rightful place in the HOF. And damn every single voter who had a part in this; but it goes to show us all, it's not always about performance on the field, it's more about popularity.

The fact that Green Bay's team of the 60's has I believe all but 1 ****ing player in the HOF goes to tell you more than enough to realize it's about favorites, not worthiness. Seriously, all but 1 damned player? Really? I bet their ****ing waterboy and towel boy made the HOF.

It's perfectly clear that th' hogs' were the best offensive line ever...EVER! To be able to protect 3 different QBs, get 3 different RBs 1000 + yd seasons on a consistent basis, to defend against some of the very HOF defensive players who lined up against them, and shut them down, yea, it's a ****ing fraud, and sad to see how the likes of Peter King still has the ability to carry a vote. I swear i'll throw a party if his house burns down and post a video on youtube of the event. There are not many people I truly hate in this world, but he is one of them.

Dungy getting in is ridiculous. That's a "he's a nice guy" vote.

Yep, but it isn't just a "nice guy" move. This is a PC move that these same clueless "journalists" who voted him in are going to wax poetic about all Summer. :rolleyes:

If Dungy deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, then so does George Siefert and Barry Switzer and Brian Billick and other one-hit wonders like them.

Can someone....anyone.....explain to me why Joe Jacoby is not in the HOF? You know what.....they can't because there is no right-minded answer to this question. It makes no sense at all.

It is an utter disgrace that he is not in the HOF and really begins to make you wonder if there is a bias against the Skins. For only one member of the Hogs....the greatest offensive line in NFL history....to be in the hall of fame is a complete sham and shows what a complete clown show the voting process is. The length of time it took Monk to get in shows this as well. I believe the Gibbs era teams/players have always taken a back seat to others that are considered "greatest" of all time.....and that is wrong.

Oh, and when I think HOF coaches I definitely do not think....Tony Dungy. WTF?? I suppose the voters will not be satisfied until they get anyone ever associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers into the hall of fame. Look out Canton....here comes Mark Malone and Cliff Stoudt into the hall.

HTTR!!!

King pouted like a child when monk finally entered the hall in 2008. He lobbied for years to keep monk from canton citing bull **** stats and "facts". I'm afraid he's going to do the same with Jacoby too.

Thank goodness he was outvoted by the others for green and hanburger's entry into the hall.

That clown just can't help himself. His bias towards our team is remarkable.

Sometimes I wonder if he stays up at night plotting ways to expunge all skins players and coaches from the hall.

I know he's a giants fan, but why does he hate our team so much? He's voted in Cowboys and Eagles players before. It can't be the team name controversy because he's been voting against skins players long before he became a change the name advocate in 2013.

King is a bully, plain and simple, he's overcompensating for something. Just like that other internet media bully, UnWise Mike.

They need to have an impartial, qualified committee, not a bunch of idiot, biased writers like that piece of **** Peter King.

What is impartial and qualified committee? Would love to hear the answer, and/or a few names here.

No, but it's his fault, anyway. :P:)

And John Mara as well.

I think it was Peter King himself who told the story of how he decided to go out and ask people who coached and played with and against Art Monk before finally casting a yes for Art. I might recommend all HOF voters to do so in the future when possible.  Might actually get a clue that way. 

Kevin Greene getting in pisses me off more than anything else.

No way should he ever get in before Jake.

It's beyond frustrating at this point.

This class was deep and any number of guys should've and could've got in, but to trot out Kevin Greene, who is more known for saying "I won't cut my hair until I win the Steelers a Super Bowl (and never did)" than anything else, is a shame on the NFL.  Again.

Peter King needs to buy a gas fireplace (if you know what I mean, wink-wink, nod-nod, say no more).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/02/08/joe-jacobys-grotesque-bloody-halftime-ad-stole-the-super-bowl-show/

I like the pic of Jake holding an axe.   :)

Love me some Big Jake but does he sound punchy or is that how he always sounds? I'm not trying to be an @ss, I've just never heard him talk before.

Good article here on why he belongs (file this away for next year):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/02/05/the-case-for-joe-jacoby-hall-of-famer/?tid=a_inl

It’s hard to get fired up over an offensive lineman, just like it’s hard to get fired up over a bag of concrete mix, or three cups of whole wheat flour, or a tub of adhesive grout.

The Redskins once had the most famous offensive line in football, a gang of beefy quasi-celebrities who were immortalized on posters and bumper sticker as a unit — a unit whose membership sometimes changed but whose moniker endured. Hall of Fame finalists Brett Favre and Terrell Owens are the equivalent of bikini models on radio row this week; fellow first-time finalist Joe Jacoby is a chunky Midwestern dad with a farmer’s tan and bright white sneakers. Ex-teammates still call him a gentle giant. It’s hard to get fired up over a gentle giant.

Ask Jacoby why he might want to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and he likely will mention his first grandchild, born on Tuesday. Young Jacob Benjamin — don’t call him “Jake” — will see his hulking grandfather’s career only on old recordings or YouTube clips. Jacoby would like him to know that Grandpa was pretty good.

“Maybe that’s selfish on my part,” he said this week. “But it is my family. I’d like my girls to know that, too. It’s not for me; it’s for them.”

Love me some Big Jake but does he sound punchy or is that how he always sounds? I'm not trying to be an @ss, I've just never heard him talk before.

On the above question:  Yes, unfortunately Joe has not always been the most articulate of people. He tried to do ads during his career and they were painful to watch.

On the above question:  Yes, unfortunately Joe has not always been the most articulate of people. He tried to do ads during his career and they were painful to watch.

The only ads I remember were Theatre Vision and Coke ("It's Halloween and I'm turning into Frankenstein........")...were there others?

He does make a great Frankenstein though (not sure if this was from the Coke spot or not):

http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2009/10/30/joe-jacoby-is-the-best-frankenstein-ever/

The HOF voting is seriously pathetic. Forget Jacoby for a time being. Whether you like him or not, TO is a first ballot HOF player. End of discussion. The guy scored 156 TD's, #5 all time. They're embarrassing themselves by putting in Ken Stabler and Tony Dungy over TO.

The only ads I remember were Theatre Vision and Coke ("It's Halloween and I'm turning into Frankenstein........")...were there others?

He does make a great Frankenstein though (not sure if this was from the Coke spot or not):

http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2009/10/30/joe-jacoby-is-the-best-frankenstein-ever/

Here is the Theater Vision ad - http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2007/11/02/lost-treasure-found-jacoby-and-mays-1984-theater-vision-tv-commercial/

I also remember a CATV or Atenna ad of some sort. He did some short radio spots for WTOP and he always sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles. I am not saying I could do better (well actually I am), but he was just not good. Super nice guy though. And obviously a great ball player. He was also pretty smart just was not good in front of a camera or on the radio.

Archived