Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

These conservatives seem very economically anxious about 800K DACA participants. It's almost like the real reason is racism. 

The wall was always meant to be taken figuratively not literally! Wondering why I haven't seen that defense typically used to explain other Trump campaign lies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twa said:

Interesting legal avenue, but since Obama based his action on prosecutor discretion those things don't apply.

Can I get a ruling here?:silly:

Far as I'm concerned, Obama simply used his Presidential authority to not prosecute some people.  An authority which absolutely is not binding on his successor.  

Whether Trump's decision to go after these people is good for the country may be debatable.  But IMO, whether he has the authority is absolutely clear.  

(Which is why you choose to focus on his authority, and ignore whether it's good for the country.)  

40 minutes ago, Larry said:

Far as I'm concerned, Obama simply used his Presidential authority to not prosecute some people.  An authority which absolutely is not binding on his successor.  

Whether Trump's decision to go after these people is good for the country may be debatable.  But IMO, whether he has the authority is absolutely clear.  

(Which is why you choose to focus on his authority, and ignore whether it's good for the country.)  

And thats why i asked about the grounds for these lawsuits.  I think what trump is doing is wrong but whats the legal basis to oppose it?

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And thats why i asked about the grounds for these lawsuits.  I think what trump is doing is wrong but whats the legal basis to oppose it?

i thought the only legal protection was if you were born here - anchor babies and such.

Which is why they're so vulnerable (to the people that are advocating for them) - they were brought here at a young age with no choice in the matter, and only know here as home, but they were not born here and are not legal citizens.

---

I cannot believe republicans can get behind their representatives of not extending citizenship to someone willing to fight for the country. majority of our own people won't even sign up for the military. What more do you want from these people?

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not sure if this was rhetorical or what.  I think what trump is doing with DACA is MORALLY wrong.  I was asking about the legal side and the basis for the lawsuits under the law.

Yeah, it was a separate thought, addressed at the tweet visionary posted. I put a line between the thoughts because I was too lazy go quote him. Sorry :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah, it was a separate thought, addressed at the tweet visionary posted. I put a line between the thoughts because I was too lazy go quote him. Sorry :)

About 1% are serving or have, I'm certainly willing to make a exception for them if they behaved...the other 99%?

Seems like a distraction though.

8 hours ago, twa said:

About 1% are serving or have, I'm certainly willing to make a exception for them if they behaved...the other 99%?

Seems like a distraction though.

It's not a distraction. Assuming your numbers are correct, it's 1% of the people affected, but it's still people affected and affected in (in my opinion) the most ridiculous way possible.

If you're not willing to risk your life to defend this country then you can go screw off for trying to deport a group of people willing to do so.

Just how I view it though.