Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONFIRMED: Scot McCloughan has accepted offer to become Redskins GM: Per Michael Robinson, Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport

Boss_Hogg

I wonder if this "reporting" is substantive or not.

I'm leaning towards not really, though we'd have to see the contract. Bruce has no idea, so I'm thinking he's a rubber stamp. It's probably there so that Bruce can act like it's a promotion and not a demotion.

"I'm totally in charge. Scot is GM, but I make all the final decisions...

...about the harvest fest. I rubber stamp personnel stuff."

Lets hope this one doesn't bite us. Alcoholisim is not a thing to take lightly. Reading the article about him he seems to dismiss his disease by saying beer is ok. Really?

Also said he is lonely after his wife left him. Synder get him a open line of credit to the best call girl service there is. We can't have him being lonely. :)

I think he's recently engaged, so no need for that. Just allow him time to go home to his fiance and enjoy his life and he shouldn't fall off the wagon.

Uh.   Who do you think he will report to exactly?

Here are your choices.

The GM reports to the owner.   You want that?

The GM reports to the team president.   You don't want that.

The GM reports to the head coach.   We have done that and it sucks and wouldn't do it with Gruden.

My guess is you would prefer that the GM report to NO ONE.   Which, of course, is ludicrous, so you won't admit to it.   So, just pick who you want him to report to.

Yeah I mean he has to report to someone. Just because he reports to Bruce Allen doesn't necessarily mean Allen is making the decisions. I see it as, if something goes wrong, Bruce will be the one talking to Scot, not Dan.

Depends on what you mean by "report to"

"Hey this is what I'm doing." "Oh, well let's maybe think about doing it this way." = bad

..and that's what I'm still worried about.  We've been burned far too long....I will wait and see. 

Best possible structure if we're stuck with Snyder is:

Snyder - Owner

Anyone - Buffer between football people and owner (Allen right now)

Football people

I don't know if this guy will work out. His demons bother me. However, this structure is ideal considering our owner. Bruce Allen seems like the perfect fit for that buffer position, and we seemingly have a very competent football professional in charge of the 53 man roster. That's great.

Yea the whole reporting to Bruce thing really is no big deal

Bruce looks at the super big picture of the entire Washington Redskins org

Scot evaluates the talents and makes the picks, looks at the big picture of the football operation, lets Bruce know what is going on

Jay coaches and gets ready to win every Sunday

He ain't on a wagon. That's the concern.

It sounds like he found his own wagon. It's not a wagon most would view as a wagon, but he said vodka is what killed him, and he battled his demons and seems well adjusted now.

Maybe he falls apart, but I don't think that's the case. Guy was probably making 7 figures as a scout.

He came here. He needed to want it.

Scot evaluates the talents and makes the picks, looks at the big picture of the football operation, lets Bruce know what is going on

Yup. I see no problem with any of that.

I wish I had know you when you were 6. You would have totally fallen for the "got your nose" trick every time.

Archived