Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steinberg: Larry Michael’s preview of the Rams personfies everything wrong with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

Larry Michael is a boob and a stooge. He's a boobstooge.  He also sucks at play-by-play. Nice guy though.

He's a company guy. A "Yes" man.

If I recall correctly, Larry predicted on his daily Comcast show a 10-6 season for a team with a rookie head coach, a terrible defense, and no established quarterback.

I remember laughing hysterically at that prediction, knowing his hands were tied to it due to being a Snyder bullhorn. I don't mind Larry Michael. He knows where his bread is buttered. He's not paid to keep it real.

He's a company guy. A "Yes" man.

If I recall correctly, Larry predicted on his daily Comcast show a 10-6 season for a team with a rookie head coach, a terrible defense, and no established quarterback.

I remember laughing hysterically at that prediction, knowing his hands were tied to it due to being a Snyder bullhorn. I don't mind Larry Michael. He knows where his bread is buttered. He's not paid to keep it real.

Which is why he's the personification of all that is wrong with this organization. He, like the organization as a whole, treats fans like they are idiots and tells them whatever they want to hear to continue lapping up the suck and the dysfunction.

[...] trotting out fake native Americans that pisses me off about Larry. [...]

I also love how Larry peddles that bull **** website Redskinsfacts.com. Larry is a huge Snyder yes man. 

Whoa!  Boss_Hogg sounding like Bathtub Boy!  I never thought I'd see the day.  I guess that's what the team's suckitude will do to certain fans.

Which is why he's the personification of all that is wrong with this organization. He, like the organization as a whole, treats fans like they are idiots and tells them whatever they want to hear to continue lapping up the suck and the dysfunction.

Absolute TRUTH... but I'd take that gig.  :)

Another Steinberg entry today about how Larry will never apologize for picking the Skins every week because, by golly, he sees how hard they work and by the end of the week, he absolutely feels like they are going to win.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/10/larry-michael-wont-apologize-for-picking-the-redskins-to-win-every-week/

What baloney. John Keim is also at the Park every day as the ESPN Skins reporter and yet I don't see him picking the Skins all the time.

To be fair, people used to bust Sonny's chops because he would always pick the Skins on the weekly "Redskins Report" show. But I remember during early in Marty's season that Jurgy even threw in the towel.

Listen to the Wizards radio broadcasts or their home town announcers on TV. Compare the quality and professionalism to the redskins equivalent. Compare the Nats or the Caps too. Don't forget to listen to the preseason games with Joey T in the booth.

If Larry is the VP of media he's doing a horrible job. Redskins broadcasts are barely better than some public TV show shot in someone's basement. They have better equipment, I'll give them that.

The other teams all sound professional and have so much more polish. Maybe this is another case of big spender Danny not spending. I don't have any experience with broadcasting so I don't know what goes into it. All I know is the redskins final product, is substandard.

heres what i want to know (and im not sure if anybody else knows the answer):

do the other terrible franchises have a Larry Michael?  is there a Larry equivalent in Oakland or Cleveland or Jacksonville?  or are we the only terrible franchise with the local boob who claims the redskins are a juggernaut when we go 3-13 every season.

remember this is the guy who said he preferred jason campbell to peyton manning because manning was "due for an injury".  

I mean really:

"**** snyder, fire Bruce allen, fire gruden, cut rg3, trade our good players. And London fletcher? How dare he voice an opinion that we all share? I'm taking back all the cheering I ever did for him! And this voice of the redskins asshole made a poor prediction, **** him too I never liked him! And how bout those jerks at the stadium who serve me beer that I enjoyed then later read it was from the world cup! Fire them, the ushers and the janitors, the bathrooms were messy."

Pretty soon we'll start hating on the cheerleaders.

If we had a better d coordinator and a qb playing well, allllll those other people would be a ok in our book. Like in 2012? Remember? Everyone was awesome.

Let's just try not to torture ourselves further.

Another delusional idiot who sucks up to Snyder.  Seriously, is anyone in this organization good at doing anything (not counting the non football support staff who work at Redskins park)? 

Larry's show is one of the most awful must watch shows.   Seriously, the way he tries to pump up the team is like putting lipstick on a pig.   I mean he acts like there is an aura with this organization. But in reality its just smells from top to bottom. 

One of the cheerleaders worked at a company I used to work at. Nice girl. Also told me that the cheerleading portion of the org is run poorly and expectations are absurd. I never understood why she did it or still does.

This post is useless without a pic ! ;)

I didn't know Vinnie had a twin brother named Larry.

He's doing what he's paid to do. If he told it like it was then he'd get replaced with a different, possibly bigger stooge. Dont hate the playa hate the game ,and all those other relevant cliches.

Precisely my point: he is paid to treat fans like they are morons. He took the job by "force" from a beloved fan favorite in Herzog (and his iconic "Touchdown Washington Redskins!) and replaced it with banality and drivel.

He is the personification of everything that is wrong.

That's absolutely hilarious. I can't remember the last time I heard Larry Michaels do any kind of broadcast. I would rather be exposed to nails on a chalkboard for 24 hours than listen to his BS. 

Reading the OP, I thought I was reading the Pittman4Two version of the Redskins. Except Larry is serious and someone PAYS him to do this and anointed him VP of media LMAO.

Archived