Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steinberg: Larry Michael’s preview of the Rams personfies everything wrong with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

Since I watch the games on TV, I hadn't heard a Redskins radio broadcast in several years. I listened to part of the Bucs game in the car and was horrified at how bad the current broadcast team is. Larry is bad enough by himself, but he has absolutely no chemistry with Cooley, and it's sad that Sonny only chips in very occasionally. Even when Sam was starting to lose it a few years ago, the broadcasts then were better than the current ones.

Back at the height of Sonny/Sam/Frank, I'd actually put the radio broadcast on while I watched the game with the TV muted. I'd never do that now, even if it means suffering through the increasingly senile Dick Stockton and the other D Teamers the Skins games always get now.

Back at the height of Sonny/Sam/Frank, I'd actually put the radio broadcast on while I watched the game with the TV muted. I'd never do that now, even if it means suffering through the increasingly senile Dick Stockton and the other D Teamers the Skins games always get now.

We used to do that too. We couldn't stand the likes of jerry Glanville, Bill Maas, or Randy Cross.

My father would bring a headset radio to RFK. It was magic to be there and listen to Frank Herzog's patented "Touchdown Washington Redskins!"

Now we have a no talent douche who does nothing but praise Dan Snyder and blow smoke up our asses with bull **** logic.

Is it normal for an NFL team to have a play-by-play man with a VP title and an executive office at the team's headquarters?

Btw, my post was brought to you by Subway; the official training restaurant of the Washington Redskins.

Jeez....Larry is a homer but he is a Redskin homer.  I listen to Redskin nation to hear interviews, and reports and such.  I know what Larry's take will be....and take that with a grain of salt.  I listen to the radio broadcast of the games moreso for Cooley and Doc than LM....Sonny is now kind of a distant voice in the booth. 

I mean, there are certainly enough mediots and such who go to the other end of the spectrum when covering the Redskins.....guess LM just helps balance out those other idiots. 

IMHO

I mean, there are certainly enough mediots and such who go to the other end of the spectrum when covering the Redskins.....guess LM just helps balance out those other idiots.

IMHO

Yeah, can't exactly put my finger on why "those other idiots" bash the Skins so much. Couldn't be the regular 10+ loss seasons...............

Btw, my post was brought to you by Subway; the official training restaurant of the Washington Redskins.

Every single aspect of the broadcast is separately "sponsored" by someone. It's annoying as heck, but I don't think you can blame that on Larry. Actually, it kind of reminds me of how every square inch of FedEx Field is covered with advertising.

Nothing wrong with making money, but it gets in the way of the fan experience and cheapens it. It feels like my fandom is being taken advantage of.

IMHO

How are they idiots when for the must part they've been right about this organization?  

IMO the Redskins need to find another Bram Weinstein to pair with Larry.  I use to listen to Redskins Lunch and Redskins Radio when those two were paired together.  They had good chemistry and Bram would go at Larry.  I know some thought Bram was kinda whiny but I thought it was good radio.  Bram spoke on things that many in here were saying about the team.   

Another delusional idiot who sucks up to Snyder. Seriously, is anyone in this organization good at doing anything (not counting the non football support staff who work at Redskins park)?

Larry's show is one of the most awful must watch shows. Seriously, the way he tries to pump up the team is like putting lipstick on a pig. I mean he acts like there is an aura with this organization. But in reality its just smells from top to bottom.

The worst example of Larry's homerism: At the beginning of Zorn's last year a fan pointed our the teams holes: no offensive line; an unproven qb (Campbell); no cap space because it was spent on Haynseworth and Hall; and a poor draft. Just to name a few.

Michael's retort to all these, valid problems? Show a picture of Romo and call the fan a Cowboys supporter.

The worst example of Larry's homerism: At the beginning of Zorn's last year a fan pointed our the teams holes: no offensive line; an unproven qb (Campbell); no cap space because it was spent on Haynseworth and Hall; and a poor draft. Just to name a few.

Michael's retort to all these, valid problems? Show a picture of romoSUCKS and call the fan a Cowboys supporter.

The Zorn years were Larry at his worse.  I remember the "source meter" and the "sorcerer" gags Larry would run taking shots at JLC.  I found JLC annoying too, but it was just petty and childish.  

How are they idiots when for the must part they've been right about this organization?  

IMO the Redskins need to find another Bram Weinstein to pair with Larry.  I use to listen to Redskins Lunch and Redskins Radio when those two were paired together.  They had good chemistry and Bram would go at Larry.  I know some thought Bram was kinda whiny but I thought it was good radio.  Bram spoke on things that many in here were saying about the team.   

No, there is no "put with Larry" that makes the situation good. Maybe the Redskins need to get out of the doing their own TV/Radio business since they refuse to do it professionally or even with a modern feel. Worry about putting out a good team and not about having a guy who needs to be like Larry. Own the station that plays the games, go their own rah-rah show, etc.

Thought they could control the message and it turned out they got worse at it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I will not believe anything this organization says as long as Michael is employed. He is the personification of everything that is wrong with the Redskins.

You're wrong about that ... Snyder is the personification of everything wrong with this franchise.

Jeez....Larry is a homer but he is a Redskin homer.

He's not a Redskins homer; he's a Dan Snyder homer.  He sometimes criticizes the team. but he never criticizes the owner.  

His broadcasts give clues about what Danny is thinking.  Remember the Voice of Sauron from lord of the rings? Larry Michaels is the Voice of Sndyer.

Did anybody listen to the radio broadcast yesterday, and then hear what Propaganda Larry is saying about the TD the wasn't today?  

I was driving home, so I heard the call on the radio.  He didn't mention anything about Griffin losing the ball when he hit the ground, downplayed Griffin losing possession of the ball in the air as he dove, and said repeatedly that it would be highway robbery if they took the points away.

I'm guessing he's been trying to spin that into a TD all day today, but I don't try and listen to him, and haven't heard yet.

btw, the Refs completely bungled about 10 calls. I'm not defending the refs here.  But they managed to get that call right by the letter of the rule (even though it's a stupid ass rule), They completely blew the most obvious face-mask penalty, and several roughing the passer penalties. 

Larry is ONLY picking the Skins by 1 this week.  Intangibles, baby!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/19/larry-michael-says-redskins-have-edge-over-eagles-in-intangibles/

"The fans are hungry??"  Larry, you do know that half the crowd is gonna be pro-Philly, right?

That said, it is tempting to pick the Skins for later today.....but I just don't see us being able to outscore them.

Larry is ONLY picking the Skins by 1 this week. Intangibles, baby!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/19/larry-michael-says-redskins-have-edge-over-eagles-in-intangibles/

"The fans are hungry??" Larry, you do know that half the crowd is gonna be pro-Philly, right?

That said, it is tempting to pick the Skins for later today.....but I just don't see us being able to outscore them.

Reading this thread, one thing is clear. Larry Michael is a complete whore.

Someone else mentioned that he has no chemistry with Cooley. I think it's more that he's an arrogant condescending prick to the guy on air which is beyond annoying. I think he is threatened by Cooley - someone who knows the game, played it, is far from senility and can sort of speak English

Archived