Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/06/report-snyder-allen-may-side-with-rg3-and-fire-gruden/

Gruden could be “one and done,” a team official said, meaning Gruden could be fired even though he’s just wrapping up the first year of his five-year contract.

This is rather difficult to comprehend, if Snyder chooses RGIII over Grudes then we are forever screwed. No one will want to coach this mess in 2015. 

Yeah. I really, really don't like Gruden. Didn't like the hire in the first place, and he has amazingly been much worse than I thought he'd be. And downright unlikeable to boot.

But if that's the reason he's fired it's beyond shameful. 

I would expect much more from this fine organiza........... Hahahaha. Just kidding about that part.

Literally nothing could be worse for RG3's perception

2 coaches killed in 3 years

I don't think RGIII is here long-term either way he's just an easy target as far as scapegoating goes. I think Snyder believes he made a major mistake hiring him and coupled with Jim Harbaugh being available this isn't the least bit surprising to me.

The idea that you could possibly fire Gruden without firing Allen is laughable. Which means that is probably exactly what they will do. I really wish one of these teams would move to a different city and adopt a new name/colors because I really think I could switch. Seriously.

I say clean house. My dream scenario.

GM- Eric Decosta

Head Coach- Gus Malzahn

OC-Rhett Lashlee

DC- Rex Ryan

I really want our team to be ahead of the curve. I want a bright innovative coach who is a excellent X and O coach. They practice fast and play fast. Malzahn is one of the very best minds in football. The Eagles have opened the door for uptempo offenses i'd love for Dan to knock it down.

This is rather difficult to comprehend, if Snyder chooses RGIII over Grudes then we are forever screwed. No one will want to coach this mess in 2015. 

Nah. Somebody will want this job.

In fact, just a gut feeling but I think the next coach is Cowher.

I'm saying that in part off his comments about Robert.

How he would advise the Skins not to cut bait so quickly etc.

So is Haz gonna go with him? If so, I'll call it a wash. Otherwise, wow, this organization is the most poorly run anything ever. But, that's what Redskins football has become, right? A broken QB with an owner so deep in his ass he's eating second hand Subway. Yup, let's fire the coach, again. That'll fix it. Thanks, Dan.

So here's the trouble: If it is either Griffin or Gruden, then we are screwed. Consider:

If Griffin remains and Gruden leaves, then we have a QB who has killed two coaches, a coach killer.

If Gruden remains and Griffin leaves, then we spent years worth of high draft picks on a Heisman winner and rookie of the year only to give up on him before his rookie contract expires.

Either way it is bad news.

Given that, I'm hoping we have both back next year, otherwise we are in pretty bad shape. The logic is unavoidable.

So here's the trouble: If it is either Griffin or Gruden, then we are screwed. Consider:

If Griffin remains and Gruden leaves, then we have a QB who has killed two coaches, a coach killer.

If Gruden remains and Griffin leaves, then we spent years worth of high draft picks on a Heisman winner and rookie of the year only to give up on him before his rookie contract expires.

Either way it is bad news.

Given that, I'm hoping we have both back next year, otherwise we are in pretty bad shape.

I'm not totally sold on Robert's long term prospects but with that being said I really don't like Gruden either.

In fact, I think Gruden's an ass.....but that's just me.

For the record, we need to not take things like this at face value. Yeah, it could be true or it could be complete BS. But there are also ulterior motives for people to put out stories like this. In this case, the obvious possibility is Gruden or someone in his  camp. By this being out there, it has the potential to scare Snyder from firing him with the PR nightmare that comes with it. Or, if he is fired, he already has an excuse out there- it was all Griffin's fault, I was fired for benching him.

I hope this isn't true, but when was the last time a report from an "unnamed source" ended up being completely false around here?

This is how Dan Snyder probably thinks he can market the team again to us idiots.

And he's probably right. We're that stupid, even now, to believe a coaching change will really make a difference. Never mind that firing this coach after only one year from being hired is more an indictment on the ones who hired him in the first place than anyone else. Amazingly, a large portion of the fan base will be foolish enough to actually trust their process again in finding the right guy.

If Gruden gets fired, then it would mean everything said about this organization and how bad it is, is not only true, but it's even worse than we think.

If Snyder/Allen were to fire Gruden this early on -- especially if it's due to Gruden not starting Griffin -- that would be a seriously "regrettable". act.

I'll hold off on saying anything further at this point -- I can only hope it's a rumor. The sad part is that, with this owner and front office, this kind of rumor can actually get traction.

Archived