Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Rams Prediction Thread: Return of Gregg Williams

skins island connection

This game will not be close the Rams are a good team if Bradford was not injured they maybe a 8-4 team. Colt continues to be Colt puts up average numbers but it is not enough to win. Skins secondary and o-line continues to struggle.  Out of desperation Jay calls the swinging gate play and it fails. Bold prediction FedEx field will be half empty for this game.

Rams- 31

Redskins- 17

The Rams just played consecutively:

Dallas

Philly

San Fran

Seattle

Kansas City

San Fran

Arizona

Denver

San Diego

They beat Seattle, Denver, and San Fran (3 of 4 Championship Game teams)

then SMOKED Oakland 52-0

Hmm. I think they are improving while our team is unpredictable but can't ever put 4 solid quarters together.

Plus GW probably hates Dan Snyder as much as we do.

Rams 31

Redskins 23

The Rams aren't a passing offense so we SHOULD be able to win this but I don't trust Gruden and Haz to put up a winning game plan. Just be surprised when they do.

As always, the ES prediction thread is overly emotional. I always make my pick with an eye towards Vegas. For the most part, ES predicts obscene blowout losses each week. And normally, ES is way, way off.

Week One: Redskins lose by 11, do not cover

Week Two: Redskins win by 31, cover easily

Week Three: Close loss to Eagles, pretty easy cover

Week Four: Blowout loss to NYG, no cover obviously

Week Five: Loss to Seahawks and no cover, but on the Vegas side this was a bad beat... Had game covered with 30 seconds left

Week Six: Bad, bad beat. Tight game in Arizona; again had it covered with 30 seconds left and a pick six changed the Vegas outcome

Week Seven: Last second win, no cover

Week Eight: close win, easy cover

Week Nine: Depends on where you got this game, it was either a push or a half point loss.

Week Ten: horrible loss, nowhere close to a cover

Week Eleven: Close loss, easy cover

Week Twelve: In it for awhile, lost the chance to cover in 4th.

So through 12 weeks, the Skins have covered 4 times, lost against the line in big fashion 4 times, and went down to the wire 4 times. So in 2/3 of our games the Skins have either covered or been right at the number in the closing minutes.

Rams opened as 1.5 point favorites and are sitting at 2.5 right now. If it moves to 3, I'd consider taking the Skins.

I'm 1-2 putting my money where my mouth is with the skins this year (Titans (L), Niners (W), Colts (L).

I just do not know what to say anymore....I watched as much of you have every snap and it has been pain staking worse than last year that I though was an all time low, but yet we have found another level of misery that continues to plague us and ruin this once respected franchise.

Skins: 12 all on Field Goals by Kai Forbath

Rams: 21

flat out we suck...I hate tat I care about this team and franchise but I am obviously into self hate as I can not stop watching, and I am sure I will still drag my sorry tail out to training camp again in RVA and waste several days and be right back here talking about how good we looked in practice....I hate myself....go redskins

we are playing our worst football and they are on fire... worst scenario I could have imagined, living in STL this is going to hurt and suck for even longer

Rams 31, Skins 22

I think the typical later in the year match up helps the skins, but not in this case... I'll always have 2005 though!!!

eh, that defense is a boss. I don't think we're going to score very many points. Their offense isn't great, despite shallacking Oakland for 52. I think this is going to be yet another ugly ass Skins-Rams game, and since we're the Redskins, and we suck, we will undoubtedly lose.

17-9. We lose.

Again.

Jeff George will finally look like the player Snyder coveted when he was signed in the off-season. Look for Bruce Smith, Deion, and Mark Carrier to slow the greatest show on turf too. We will shake things up with a surprise onside kick and a safety! 33-20 Skins.

In real life, as we are falling to yet another double-digit loss season, I predict we will hear at least twice each about how Gregg Williams had this team as a perennial top-10 D and how we gave up so many picks to Fisher for Griffin. Yay.

Jeff George will finally look like the player Snyder coveted when he was signed in the off-season. Look for Bruce Smith, Deion, and Mark Carrier to slow the greatest show on turf too. We will shake things up with a surprise onside kick and a safety! 33-20 Skins.

In real life, as we are falling to yet another double-digit loss season, I predict we will hear at least twice each about how Gregg Williams had this team as a perennial top-10 D and how we gave up so many picks to Fisher for Griffin. Yay.

Or Amp Lee will run wild on us....

That 2000 game you mentioned is one of my favorites of the past 22 years. I'll always maintain this about the 2000 team...the Snyder moves were smart and generally worked; Norv just Norved it.

Archived