Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Rams Prediction Thread: Return of Gregg Williams

skins island connection

I'm always quite the homer when it comes to making picks. I've only picked against us 3 times this year (Seahawks, 49ers, Colts). However, I do not see how our horrible offensive line will be able to contain the Rams rush defense. Morris may be able to break out a few big runs, but for the most part I think they will shut him down. Gruden will go to the pass too early and often like he has been doing. McCoy will get sacked at least 4 times this game.

I still think McCoy could connect with DJax, Garcon and Reed on some deep passes to keep the game interesting. I also feel our rush defense will contain their run. Most teams wouldn't be too concerned with their passing game, but look at our secondary. I think it's close for awhile, but the Rams win this one.

Rams - 34

Snyder's Lap dogs - 27

Gregg Williams is out for revenge... so he asks if he can be offensive coordinator for one week only. This turns out to be a really bad decision and the Skins get a win with no warm fuzzies.

Redskins 24 - Rams 17

Side note: This is apparently the "Tackle Diabetes" game. A cause I feel very strongly about. An inordinate percentage of my female coworkers have contracted this horrible condition in the last year... Too much eye candy it turns out.

Rams probably win.

By how much?  Who knows.  We sometimes hold teams to the high teens/low 20s, and sometimes everything explodes in a fiery cataclysm and a team that has no business getting out of the teens scores in the 30s.

I'll split the difference, sort of, and say 20-27 Rams.  Colt looks ok but not amazing, another week in the offense gets him to vs.Cowboys levels of efficiency.  We have the final say on a drive to tie/win it but we get bogged down at their 45 yard line due to penalties, and have a 4th and 4 or something and have to go for it and don't get it.  Rams kneel down and win.  Credits roll.

As for Gregg Williams, he might have some feelings, but I can't blame Snyder too much for tossing him; IIRC there was sort of an up in the air question as to whether bounties were ever discussed here.  I know no proof was ever offered of any bounties here, so maybe he didn't.  However, if Williams even hinted at them while here I can't blame Snyder too much, a bounty gate is exactly the kind of thing this team did not need.

F Gregg Williams. Tired of hearing about this slightly better than average coach like he's some sort of superstar.

Fact: The Redskins gave him something like FOUR INTERVIEWS to convince them to give him the head coaching job.

He didn't.

i know we're incompetent in this sort of thing, but he's had one HC gig, and he was thrown out of that too. The Interviews we gave him are among the few he's had since he was fired from the Bills.

Statistically the Rams defense isn't much better than ours, even though they are playing well right now.

They've got talent and an aggressive defensive minded head coach.

Williams has been gone for six years, and he's now on his fifth job. (Including a year off for bounties.)

He had one good year with the Saints thanks to producing 35 takeaways .. but immediately the next year they dropped to the bottom of the league.

F Gregg Williams.

Quit crying over this small drop of spilled milk.

In fact, since this is the lookalike thread, i will posit

1409956167000-453364246.jpg

4082326520_fc286bc88f.jpg

~Bang

F Gregg Williams. Tired of hearing about this slightly better than average coach like he's some sort of superstar.

Fact: The Redskins gave him something like FOUR INTERVIEWS to convince them to give him the head coaching job.

He didn't.

i know we're incompetent in this sort of thing, but he's had one HC gig, and he was thrown out of that too. The Interviews we gave him are among the few he's had since he was fired from the Bills.

Statistically the Rams defense isn't much better than ours, even though they are playing well right now.

They've got talent and an aggressive defensive minded head coach.

Williams has been gone for six years, and he's now on his fifth job. (Including a year off for bounties.)

He had one good year with the Saints thanks to producing 35 takeaways .. but immediately the next year they dropped to the bottom of the league.

F Gregg Williams.

Quit crying over this small drop of spilled milk.

In fact, since this is the lookalike thread, i will posit

1409956167000-453364246.jpg

4082326520_fc286bc88f.jpg

~Bang

Lookalike thread?

C'mon, take your blood pressure meds, settle down a little; we can't afford to lose ya to this!

But, since you did bring it up, your avatar is a fairly good match.  lol

After losing to all 3 QB's that RG3 used to be compared to, losing to the team that we gave up the farm to will be a nice finishing touch to our humiliation this season. Or maybe the finishing touch will come after the season when we trade RG3 to the Rams for a 3rd round pick. Or maybe in 2016 when RG3 leads the Rams to a Superbowl title. So much to look forward to.

Rams 27

Redskins 13

I believe the skins pull out the win. Garcon has a big day. Skins D plays well. :D  Puts doubt in the minds of management that they should let him go. :o  I believe players are playing for there jobs. And these players need to wake up. NO OTHER TEAM WANTS A LOSER PLAYER EITHER. :angry:     With that being said  :)  Skins 24 Rams 17

The Rams are good ... 

They just came off a stretch of playing NINE - NINE, nueve, 9 teams with winning records in a row, out of that 9, ALL of them are in the playoff hunt.  That is mind boggling. Granted they went 3-6, but hell.  The average scores from those games was Rams 20 - Opp 26. 

This could get way, way, way, out of hand. 

I'm not even going to predict, this game is super scary. I don't expect to win, hell no, I'm super afraid of a 52-0 blow out. That is what haunts me. 

This is pretty much dead on. Last year they were actually really good, but playing in the NFC West has made them appear to be bottom feeders. They are not.

Put them in the NFC East and they'd likely be a 10 or 11 win team this year.

Grew Williams is a big reason this team made the playoffs in 05 and 07. Had Gibbs been able to field an average offense in 04 that team makes the playoffs as well. Greg may be a little rough around the edges, but he's a pretty damn good coach. Snyder made a huge mistake getting rid of him and not naming him HC. When he did that, that told me Snyder wasn't serious about winning.  The defense hasn't been the same since he's left.

The Rams are a team that actual GOOD teams hate playing late in the season because of how physical they are.  I can't imagine our team, with feeling like there is nothing to play for, going toe to toe for a full 4 quarters.

I can see this being a close low-scoring game for 2.5 quarters but once we get behind, the bottom just falls out.

Rams 28

'Skins 17

After watching that Colts game last week it looked like to me that alot of the team has already quit this season and it kind of scares me to think about what Quinn, Long and Donald are going to do to this pathetic offensive line. Whatever the record for most sacks in a game is I think it is going to get broken in this game. The Redskins are great at letting other teams set records and I think that will be the one to fall this week. Two other things I expect to happen are Tavon Austin will look like the superstar the Rams drafted him to be and Colt McCoy has enough game tape of him staring down receivers that he is going to have a very rough game on top of all the sacks he is going to have to take. 

Rams-31

Redskins-12

Archived