Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

My only issue with this whole Griffin extending plays is do we really think he will throw the ball away right when the play is a bust? It simply wont happen he is always going to try and extend the play and will flip it at of bounce right at the end if there is nothing available and no running lanes. His will to win and make something out of every play is just too much. At least this year he will have his speed and elusiveness back but i feel this will always be an issue. Sometimes it will work, other times it wont. As long as he isnt taking massive hits i can live with it.

I think he's right to practice it because the rest of the team needs to practice keeping a play alive too.  He cant be the only one running around, receivers need to keep trying to get open as long as they can, and I don't think we've seen a lot of that on this team.  The reason Romo can make a broken play work so often is that his receivers are still trying to get open, and they keep trying to get open because they expect him to make something happen.  I like the idea of practicing that.

Thats the delicate balancing act you play with a mobile QB. There's only so much coaching you can do on that front imo. I think Griffin just has to hone his instincts.

I don't want him to do that every other play, but I don't want him to be robotic either. His athleticism is a rare asset that can help the offense and take the life out of a defense, and he cannot ignore it. I just don't want to see hm getting crushed anymore. He takes way too many unnecessary hits, especially int eh pocket

Dont get me wrong i like that they practice it and think they should, but do we really think Griffin will ever drop back, see his play blown and just fire it out of bounce? I dont think that will ever happen. He will always try to extend the play i dont think there will ever be balance in that sense. Gruden said he has to learn to live to play another down, but i dont think that will ever happen and as long as he isnt taking massive hits im ok with it.

Dont get me wrong i like that they practice it and think they should, but do we really think Griffin will ever drop back, see his play blown and just fire it out of bounce? I dont think that will ever happen. He will always try to extend the play i dont think there will ever be balance in that sense. Gruden said he has to learn to live to play another down, but i dont think that will ever happen and as long as he isnt taking massive hits im ok with it.

What?  He's thrown it out of bounds before.  And why do you think that he'll never change or grow?  Based on one amazing season and one **** one?  That makes no sense to me.  Your sample size is very small and you're using absolutes, which is always wrong and never right. :)

Nah he's done it before. Seemed like his rookie year he had a real good grasp of various live football situations, and rarely ****ed something up. He was just about as efficient as any QB in the league that year.

Last year just jacked everything up. But I do think that there has to be a natural balancing act to get the most out of his ability. Can't be one or the other.

What? He's thrown it out of bounds before. And why do you think that he'll never change or grow? Based on one amazing season and one **** one? That makes no sense to me. Your sample size is very small and you're using absolutes, which is always wrong and never right. :)

It wasnt saying its a problem, was mainly saying his will to win will have him try to make a play before scrapping the play. He has done it before but not often and normally its at the end of the play when hes already at the sideline. Griffin is going to scramble around and try to make a play first before firing it out of bounce in most cases, its just what comes with the Griffin package. I actually admire him for that and is exactly what id want out of our starting QB and as long as he is smart about it and doesnt take massive shots i hope it doesnt change. A scramble out of bounce for 2 yards and 2&8 is better than 2&10. He has the speed and elusiveness why wouldnt we want him to bounce outside or up the middle and see what happens rather than drop back, sees his primary targets covered and toss it to the 10th row?

HORRIBLE, he shouldve signed to Nike.....

Disagree and NIke is for narrow footed people, I have to get an 11 in NIKE. OH and please dont' quote pics, they take up to much space. 

Last season RGIII was 1st player off team bus every game he was active, today Coach Jay Gruden led the troops #RedskinsTalk

I think Clark needs a random drug screening. He's clearly on something.

Someone said he is just trying to pump up the troops, I hope he knows something we don't, wow. 

I think Clark needs a random drug screening. He's clearly on something.

Or he's been on numerous Championship level defenses, with all time players, and all time coaches, and knows a thing or two about what it takes to be great, and knows potential when he sees it. But I clearly heard him say that it takes more than potential/talent to be great, and that its imperative for him to impart as much knowledge upon these guys as possible.

Attitude and belief counts for a lot too.  If you believe it you can start to fight towards your goals.  If they settle for their notion that their ceiling is mediocrity then they won't try as harde.  You have to pump yourself up.  You have to rally the troops.

Besides, this team has some players on D especially in the pass rush.  If they can put it together they can be pretty good.  Certainly July is not the time to abandon ship and give up hope.  It is too soon for canabalsim.

Certainly July is not the time to abandon ship and give up hope.  It is too soon for canabalsim.

I'm not giving up hope (not that I have any to give up). You'll have to pardon my skepticism at the thought of the defense making that big a jump. I'll believe it when I see it.

Archived