Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are those MHW monsters ‘bullet sponge’ enemy types? Is it just a bunch of jack and slash forever or does the combat and each monster actually make sense with how they are fought and defeated? 

Definitly not a hack and slash. You will die quick fast and horribly if you just go in trying to chop them down. All the monsters have different attacks and patterns. They even have different temperaments depending on how you attack them. 

Example you can break a monsters wings and they will fly less. Or break the tail making the tail attacks useless. They also will team up on your ass if you are more of a threat than anything else in the jungle. The location you choose to lure them to, the traps you use (I use hella traps, cause a electrified dragon is way easier than one flying around) even thier heart rates....all of that plays a part if you know how to take advantage of it. 

Question: how much of an impact does Affinity make? I have a choice between two Hammers. One has about 620 Attack and 15% Affinity, the other around 670 Attack but -15% Affinity(also has +10 Defense but for this purpose lets assume that doesn't exist). Which one would do more damage on average? I went ahead and crafted the second one since it uses Barroth parts which I'm not using for anything else(while the other one requires Kalu whatever parts which I may use on an armor set).

Alright @Llevron, I'm repackaging everything through Share factory, and will have it ready in the morning/early afternoon. Decided to make sort of an epilogue, walking through the Glowing Sea with no power armor or hazard suit, towards the Commonwealth children of Atom. This is a Pro radiation build so it heals, but only at lower levels for now, so I'm still popping Radvil in areas where it spikes, or as it builds up over time.

I'll try to condense it as much as I can. Should be pretty decent

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Question: how much of an impact does Affinity make? I have a choice between two Hammers. One has about 620 Attack and 15% Affinity, the other around 670 Attack but -15% Affinity(also has +10 Defense but for this purpose lets assume that doesn't exist). Which one would do more damage on average? I went ahead and crafted the second one since it uses Barroth parts which I'm not using for anything else(while the other one requires Kalu whatever parts which I may use on an armor set).

I read somewhere to think of the Affinity stat as a % Critical stat.

"When a weapon has negative affinity, weak hits will become more common with it - impacts that ultimately deal lower damage than usual. Conversely, a weapon with positive affinity will be more likely to do critical hits, special hits that deal more damage - a classic RPG mechanic that you're all likely very familiar with.

This doesn't mean that a weapon with a negative affinity is a bad weapon, since other things about your character build can impact your affinity. It might seem that way if you just look at things at a glance, but you need to look at the bigger picture: a weapon with negative affinity might have an absolutely enormous base damage stat, meaning even with the lowering of the chance to do critical damage the overall damage of the weapon will still be higher.

This harks back to one of the most traditional RPG concepts, the idea of Damage Per Second, DPS. A weapon with lower affinity might still have a higher DPS than one with a towering affinity stat thanks to its speed - so compare weapons carefully.

There's a wrinkle to all this - Affinity on a given weapon isn't actuallty set in stone. In fact, the entire Affinity system is all about balance: an amazing weapon in every other stat with great elemental damage might have negative affinity, meaning if you can balance that negative affinity out with other things like Armor Skills you'll have a barnstorming, super-powerful weapon.

For the record, A Critical Hit will do 25% bonus damage on top of your basic weapon damage. While the exact math gets a little more complicated and varies greatly from weapon to weapon, increasing the chance of critical hits with affinity can thus increase your damage output significantly. Ultimately Affinity is all about balance, however - balancing out the damage output you need against how likely it is you'll do a critical hit."

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/6654-monster-hunter-world-affinity-guide-what-is-affinity-how-this-stat-works-and-how-to-raise-it

It's interesting to see so many people liking the slower weapons. I've been using dual blades most of the way through and haven't had too much trouble. I just love the speed and with demon mode charge attack or whatever, you can rush under their attacks and constantly beat the **** out of everyone up close (so far). I've only gotten up to killing the Odogaron though. I think my next dude is the Diablos? Should be fun.

Its funny you asked this (And that i missed it until now) as I was JUST reading about it @Warhead36. Just like @Fresh8686 said it is basically a percentage increase in your crit chance. The numbers work out so that every 10% in affinity adds about 2.5% in your overall damage output. But because its a percentage thing, it really is only effective for the weapons with higher raw damage numbers (the numbers are what i like most about RPGs btw). So, where you are in the game, I wouldn't worry about it much and would probably go for the one with higher attack. 

I can tell you since we use the same weapon that the Anjanath Hammer was what I used the entire Low Rank portion of the game but I think I would have had an easier time using the Paralysis Hammer (forged from the iron hammer line i think but i cant remember the name). That Paralysis chance, mixed with the stun potential of the hammer, literally made it so that my enemies couldn't get up. It worked so well after the fact that I am planning on making the end of the line of that series, pump up my armor with stun and paralysis chance modifiers and just pound **** into dust in multiplayer. Ultimately the point of the hammer isnt DPS but stun, and since thats so hard to do in multiplayer im going to modify it a bit and make it much more possible. 

And to my surprise @Fresh8686 the Hammer is actually very mobile.  It does swing slow in most cases, but there is alot you can do to speed that up until you knock the enemy down or out and then pound the idea that YOU are the apex predator of the jungle into that soft squishy head. I literally look like sonic when I play hammer. That flying spin thing is so easy to pull off depending on where you fight the monster. I just lure them into places where I can jump off walls or slide so that I can spin to win :)

Also you will destroy Diablos. His weakness is his belly pretty much cause he cant hit you from there. My problem with him was that I was intent on hitting him in the face with a hammer. Not the smartest idea but I made it work lol

Awesome, I'll have to give the hammer a try some time. I love the dual blades, but it'd be nice to have a good back-up weapon to play around with. There is so much to figure out and discover with this game. I still haven't captured a monster yet or done many investigations. I just wander around and fight big ass creatures.

4 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Awesome, I'll have to give the hammer a try some time. I love the dual blades, but it'd be nice to have a good back-up weapon to play around with. There is so much to figure out and discover with this game. I still haven't captured a monster yet or done many investigations. I just wander around and fight big ass creatures.

Yea there is alot to do. This is my first monster hunter game and im a little upset I didnt play then until now. This is my kind of game. Capturing is easy and very rewarding. Will make getting whatever armor or weapons you want much much easier and it is easier than killing them. There is literally no reason not to catch them I would strongly suggest you do so. Especially the further you get in the game. 

The moment I found out the first part of the game was basically a tutorial was kind of eye popping though lol.  

I like Dual Blades but its hard to pull off combos and get lots of hits off against some of the really big beasts with how often you have to move around. Also Demon Mode just drains your stamina so quick and you always need some stamina to dodge.

I really only messed around a little bit with Hammer but I like that its not so combo reliant, which is nice since like I said its hard to pull off combos(or at least it is for me but maybe I'm just bad).

6 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Well Kingdom Come Deliverance is out. Interested to hear what everybody's take on it is (as opposed to this Monster Hunter World nonsense :( )

Never even heard of it, but im always in favor of olden time rpg's, so I'll check out some stuff.

Had to edit my finale, @Llevronbut it's all good now. Just had to correct some minor stuff

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Never even heard of it, but im always in favor of olden time rpg's, so I'll check out some stuff.

Had to edit my finale, @Llevronbut it's all good now. Just had to correct some minor stuff

Ima have to look up Deliverance as well as I never heard about it until just now. 

Its cool. ill get to it tonight. If the GF wont watch it with me the puppy will he loves this **** (or, he hasnt said he doesn't so one can assume he does lol) 

6 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Well Kingdom Come Deliverance is out. Interested to hear what everybody's take on it is (as opposed to this Monster Hunter World nonsense :( )

I've heard high praise, but I tried to watch some gameplay on Twitch and it looked super boring. Maybe it was early in the game, but this guy just basically farmed around for berries on plants for a while. 

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its an RPG but without the magic elements. Seems...interesting. After MHW I'll have to give it a try.

Thats what Ive always wanted, with sprawling kingdoms, factions, ability to be king/queen, lord, etc, with big, devastating weapon arsenals and large battles. Its one of my top preferences if I were a big time game dev. As much as I like the whole medieval fantasy stuff, it's getting done to death. The real thing was fascinating enough.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thats what Ive always wanted, with sprawling kingdoms, factions, ability to be king/queen, lord, etc, with big, devastating weapon arsenals and large battles. Its one of my top preferences if I were a big time game dev. As much as I like the whole medieval fantasy stuff, it's getting done to death. The real thing was fascinating enough.

From the reviews, it seems to be all of that, with one major problem: its loaded with bugs. Other than that the game seem to be great: beautiful graphics, huge, realistic open world, fresh new combat system. 

Started my Saturday with the Shadow of Colossus reboot. Played it for about an hour and a half, took down 3 Colossi. And that was enough for me.

Its a shame, because it is GORGEOUS -- one of the most beautiful games I have played on the PS4 -- but the controls are terrible, and the gameplay

is simple, repetitive, and, well, just damn boring. Just couldn't get into it. 

After that shaky start, I popped in Assassins Creed: Origins. The beauty of the game absolutely floored me. Just LOVE the new combat system. The story is rich'and engrossing -- I played it straight for 2+ hours without taking a break. Looks like this will be the best AC game yet (which says a lot given how good Black Flag was).

For anyone who has played Origins, what skills would you recommend? I'm focusing on warriors skills for the moment, but some of the hunter/bow ones look pretty tempting. 

I thought the story was meh, and didn't live up to what it could/should have been, given the serting,  initial installments earlier in the franchises history, and the importance placed upon the games events, chronicled in the Auditore vault in ACII. But this wasn't really about the story. It's about the gameplay, and in that realm, coupled with the visuals, it is without a doubt the best AC yet.

As for how you want to play, it really doesn't matter, since eventually you will have a good amount of everything,  but as a veteran Assassin's Creed gamer, i stuck mostly to script early on, and sacrificed most warrior stuff for Hunter and Seer, allowing me to use Eagle vision to track enemies, kill in the shadows, and slowly build my way towards a better Warrior skill. 

Warrior becomes more i.portant as you go deeper into the game, but it's not as important as the others, immediately out of the gate. It's been awhile since I played (I preordered it and haven't really played since probably late November), but for Hunter, you definitely want to at least get some of the combo skills, and whichever skill that gives you more weapons.

As for the other two, anything that let's you distract, chain assasinate, chain anything really, is good. It allows for quick xp  gain.

And get to as many viewpoints as you can. They help with Senu's depth perception, and in turn help you find more treasure and hideouts and convoys carrying resources.

And hunt hunt hunt. And as a result, craft craft craft

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Went back to Dual Blades. Easier to farm Anjanath with then the Hammer, especially since I crafted a Water Elemental one from farming Jyo..whatever his name i(the water mud thing in Wildspire Waste).

I may turn it on tonight. Generally I like stealthy type attacking in a vacuum,  but it seems that doesn't exist here. Second favorite style is guerilla bit and runs. Any play style you suggest that is pretty close to that?

Archived