Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

LeBron's decision to opt out means he's going to LA.  It's happening.  He will pick either the Lakers or Clippers and it will probably be the Lakers.  He will try to build a super team there with Kawhi and Paul George.  I 100% believe he's been colluding with both Kawhi and Paul George for some time.

None of the Lakers young players are particularly appealing trade assets.

- Lonzo is a bust.  Straight up.  He will never be more than a role player.

- Randle is an RFA and also a role player.

- Ingram has the most upside, but has been pretty bad his first two seasons.  His ceiling looks like fringe All Star or high quality role player.

- Kuzma is a 23 year old role player.

- Ditto for Josh Hart

- Ivica Zubac has potential but is probably nothing and he's an expiring.

If you're LA, you put every single asset you have on the table for Kawhi and then hope you can time out your personnel moves to get him and LeBron and Paul George.  Not a single one of LA's assets is worth holding on to at the expense of getting Leonard.

Even still, LA could offer all of their young players and picks and Boston could still blow their offer out of the water.  This is an interesting moment for Danny Ainge.  He has two choices:

- sit tight and keep all his picks and players and watch a super team form up in LA

- make a big move for Kawhi and hope he likes the culture in Boston.  Remember, LA's not going to have max cap space next summer if they max out LeBron and Paul George this year.  This summer is probably LA's one chance at getting all three.

If I'm Ainge, I trade for Kawhi if for no other reason than to prevent LA from building a three headed monster capable of hanging another banner.  And then I hope that the San Antonio-like culture I've built is enough to keep Kawhi in town in a summer where going to his preferred destination would require taking a humongous paycut.

Boston doesn’t need to mess up what they have for Kawhi. With Lebron gone, you can pencil Boston into the finals now without doing a single thing. And they have really good picks coming up.

again, their prize is Davis. They can let a super team form while they go to the finals and get their young core more experience and then make a move for Davis or sit tight and just continue to grow what they have. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Pretty sure LA can add another max player next year also. 

Or close to it. 

Another big contract is not coming off their books after next year.  They have Deng for 2 more years at over $18 million.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bill Simmons said he heard that Kawhi Leonard doc shopped until he found one that told him what he wanted to hear and that he actually got like 7 or 8 opinions.  How scummy.  Lakers fans, I hope you enjoy him.  He's a snake.

I'm not sure I can't put any label on him considering I dont think i've heard him say more than 6 words at any given time

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Momma was right, Kawhi's "anger" at the Spurs is bull****.  He was looking for a doctor to tell him to shut it down for the season because he's coming up on free agency.  I think he's either lying about the severity of his injury as a means of forcing his way out, or that San Antonio wasn't going to give him the deal he wanted because of the chronic nature of it.  Or perhaps some of both.

The Lakers should cautious about trusting a player like this Momma.  Especially if his injury really is chronic and degenerative.  They should not make a long term commitment to him.  I know peak Kawhi is a lot better than Paul George, but if I were you guys, I think I'd prioritize signing Paul George over Kawhi.  Kawhi is shady.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Momma was right, Kawhi's "anger" at the Spurs is bull****.  He was looking for a doctor to tell him to shut it down for the season because he's coming up on free agency.  I think he's either lying about the severity of his injury as a means of forcing his way out, or that San Antonio wasn't going to give him the deal he wanted because of the chronic nature of it.  Or perhaps some of both.

The Lakers should cautious about trusting a player like this Momma.  Especially if his injury really is chronic and degenerative.  They should not make a long term commitment to him.  I know peak Kawhi is a lot better than Paul George, but if I were you guys, I think I'd prioritize signing Paul George over Kawhi.  Kawhi is shady.

I think it should always give people pause when one of the most stable sports franchises in the US blows up because of one guy.... One strange guy.

No one has wanted to play for the lakers in forever.  People just think every player does because the media claims every free agent is interested.  In fact, they claim players years from free agency are surely going to leave for LA.  Remember Russell Westbrook was a lock to “go home” and play in LA?  The list is endless.  Every free agent wants palm trees, we’re assured, except none of them ever sign with the lakers.  Weird how that works out.

Now suddenly Kawhi wants out of the most consistent and well run organization in the nba for the lakers, which have become the exact opposite.  Of all the teams to choose from he just randomly landed on a garbage team with nothing close to enough talent to compete in the west?  And this just happens to occur at the exact same time that Lebron is trying to build his next super team.  

Looks like the nba needs to update their tampering rules to me.  

• Like 1

They are still a flagship franchise in the NBA and all of sports in terms of accomplishments, history, brand etc. They have a quality coach and players love Magic. 

Kawhi wants that city, that lifestyle and to be a mainstream star. He can’t do that in SA even if it’s a more stable and better franchise right now. 

He was going anyway. The fact that it’ll likely result in him playing with Lebron is a massive bonus. 

I wouldn't trade for him if im the Lakers. Why give up assets when you know he’s coming in a year anyway. They have all the leverage. Spurs may want to trade him somewhere else but can that team feel good about giving up players and picks for a one year rental? 

The Lakers should snag Lebron and George and keep the current team. Kawhi will come next year when they can unload Deng’s expiring and some of the young talent if needed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They are still a flagship franchise in the NBA and all of sports in terms of accomplishments, history, brand etc. They have a quality coach and players love Magic. 

Kawhi wants that city, that lifestyle and to be a mainstream star. He can’t do that in SA even if it’s a more stable and better franchise right now. 

and yet no one ever signs there. 

I'd also argue history is for fans to worry about, players are worried about right now.  Signing in LA doesn't get anyone on the court with Magic, Shaq, Kobe, or Kareem.  (not that they were rushing to sign there to play with Kobe either)  It gets them on the floor with Lonzo Ball. 

He was going anyway. The fact that it’ll likely result in him playing with Lebron is a massive bonus. 

Is it a bonus or was that the plan?  Big difference.

I wouldn't trade for him if im the Lakers. Why give up assets when you know he’s coming in a year anyway. They have all the leverage. Spurs may want to trade him somewhere else but can that team feel good about giving up players and picks for a one year rental? 

The Lakers should snag Lebron and George and keep the current team. Kawhi will come next year when they can unload Deng’s expiring and some of the young talent if needed. 

Because Lebron's not joining any team with promises of what they'll do later. Lebron wants to win immediately and if he's joining the West it means he needs a team that can immediately beat the Rockets and Warriors. 

You guys are so funny. 

You know where no FA signs and generally don't stay unless they can get paid more to lose ? 

Yeah, you do. 

Shaq, Gasol, Artest, Odom, etc... You guys act like it has been since the 80's. 

No one signs in DC...why would they ? Their leadership has been terrible since the early 90's.  Lakers aren't even 10 years removed from the Ring. 

Next conspiracy... The NBA wants a Lakers/Boston revitalization.