Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

59 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We figured out that LeBron was going to go to LA in here a couple of weeks ago.Ā  By deduction.Ā  But we also figured out that he's never going to win a ring there.Ā  They can't get the horses to do it.Ā  Even if they get DeMarcus Cousins and he's the exact same player he used to be and ditto for Kawhi, they still won't be as good as Golden State.

Ā 

He went to LA to make money and enjoy the lifestyle and make his family happy.Ā  I have to say, I'm a little disappointed because he's going to get passed by KD in rings and career accolades and he'll never, ever catch Jordan.

Ā 

GS isnt quite as much of a rubber stamp.Ā  It took quite a lot of luck for them to escape the Rockets.Ā  They might not need to be as good as GS if Hou can take them out first.

Lebron told LakersĀ he didnā€™t require a second superstar to go to LA.Ā 

Ā 

I think he can but I wonder if he will afford to wait a year and bring Kawhi then after heā€™s had a year of good health so they can keep their young assets.Ā 

Ā 

Golden state has probably one more year of being a lock favorite but even then, they almost went down last year and will probably be just as disinterested this season.Ā 

Ā 

I stopped betting against Lebron only doing things that I can believe a long time agoĀ 

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

The east is wide open. Ā Cousins to the Wiz could take them to the finals. Ā You dont need a complete team in the east to compete. Ā Beal, Wall and Cousins is more than enough

Ā 

I think people are expecting way too much from Cousins under the circumstances.Ā  Hell, Gortat might wind up being the better player next year.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Ā 

GS isnt quite as much of a rubber stamp.Ā  It took quite a lot of luck for them to escape the Rockets.Ā  They might not need to be as good as GS if Hou can take them out first.

Ā 

Houston was lucky to win three.Ā  Golden State's net per game margin was like +19 in that series.Ā  They dominated Houston and this was Houston's year where everything went right for them.Ā  They were so much hungrier than Golden State was.Ā  Set their franchise record for wins.Ā  And had all of their contracts line up perfectly to put the deepest and most talented team they could possibly field on the court.

Ā 

Now they've lost Ariza.Ā  They might lose Capela.Ā  No matter what, he's no longer going to be a dirt cheap contract.Ā  CP3 got quite a bit more expensive.Ā  Harden's big raise kicks in the year after.Ā  Houston's window has closed.

Ā 

Yes, we can rubber stamp Golden State to win this upcoming season's championship, unless Curry or Durant or both get seriously injured.Ā  We can probably rubber stamp them for a fourth ring in a row too.Ā  They have been and will remain the overwhelming team.

What Golden State has been able to achieve--putting stars and role players and great coaches together who perfectly complement each other and who are completely buying in and willing to sacrifice for the mission--is something that no other team has been able to replicate.Ā  They have a unique culture and pretty much every single transaction and team building decision they made since 2009 broke their way.Ā  They are one of the greatest dynasties in the history of the league and no one is even close to having what they've got.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Ā 

They coasted and still won.Ā 

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lebron told LakersĀ he didnā€™t require a second superstar to go to LA.Ā 

Ā 

I think he can but I wonder if he will afford to wait a year and bring Kawhi then after heā€™s had a year of good health so they can keep their young assets.Ā 

Ā 

Golden state has probably one more year of being a lock favorite but even then, they almost went down last year and will probably be just as disinterested this season.Ā 

Ā 

I stopped betting against Lebron only doing things that I can believe a long time agoĀ 

LeBron might not be the best player in the league by next year. You gotta think even LeBron will start to slow down and it would be stupid to waste a year of his prime on a non contender.Ā 

14 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Oh LeBron, what have you gotten yourself into..

Ā 

:rofl89:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Between #BornReady, Jawentthewrongway, and Lonzo's dad making sure LeBron gets him the ball enough, even if this **** blows up spectacularly, it will be good entertainmentĀ 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ā 

Between #BornReady, Jawentthewrongway, and Lonzo's dad making sure LeBron gets him the ball enough, even if this **** blows up spectacularly, it will be good entertainmentĀ 

Ā 

Seeing tweets calling them The Meme Team...

Ā 

:ols:

• Haha 2

As if true Lakers fans didn't have enough members of our fan base we have to apologize for. Now it's going to be like going to another country and seeing obnoxious tourists from your country you keep quiet so they don't realize where you're from and start talking to you. That's my life as an NBA fan now.Ā 

The Spurs won't get more than what the Lakers will offer. If y'all don't want Brandon Ingram, that's on you. You can't let Leonard walk without getting assets in return. Not sure what you guys think the Spurs will otherwise get.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The Spurs won't get more than what the Lakers will offer. If y'all don't want Brandon Ingram, that's on you. You can't let Leonard walk without getting assets in return. Not sure what you guys think the Spurs will otherwise get.Ā 

If I am the Spurs, I am fine with that.

Ā 

They won't because teams are shook of their players now, but I wouldn't let him go for pennies on a dollar in a trade.

Ā 

He can go there for free. In fact, I would offer Kawhi the supermax too.

Ā 

If I am the Spurs, and see if he willing to turn down all of that money for LA, even after his injury.