Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

33 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

2.  Draymond has stated he's not giving GS another discount, but I don't think losing Draymond at this point in time is that big of a loss.  It looks pretty clear to me that he is not the player he was 2 years ago. 

You're right, he looks like he's declining.  But he's also going to be really hard to replace.

They can afford to keep him at full price though.  They have his Bird Rights and they're making an ungodly amount of money right now.  The revenue they made off their playoff run could cover their entire payroll and tax payments.  I think I remember reading that it was 180 million dollars.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Momma is a laker fan now? Between you jumping on the Celtics, Rockets, and Warriors I can’t keep up. 

Just because I think a team has a chance to win doesn’t mean I’m a fan or on a bandwagon. I’m just honest about what I see. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

32 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t know they won a title in 2010, got bounced in the 2nd round in 2011 going for a 3pt. 

Now they have Lebron and it’s only 2018. 29 other teams would take that decade compared to what they’ve had 

Unless I totally had a full retard moment (very possible) he said name a decade when they weren't in contention for a few years running (not name a decade when they weren't in contention at all ), and I immediately thought of '04-'07, the "**** you I'm gonna take 60 shots and yell at Smush Parker" years

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Draymond is a Swiss army knife in a league full of unitaskers. As for Klay, the dude is legit weird (for NBA guys). He's content not being the superstar as long as his buddies can hang and he has his dog Rocco by his side.

This is starting to look like Cleveland Late 2017 Pt 2. That is way too many ball handlers, way too much stupidity, and way too much hey hey I want your cray cray

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dubs meeting with Tyreke Evans...who had a nice bounce back year with Memphis after 2 yes of injuries..

This would be a fantastic get for them.  And a testament to their ability to get guys to sacrifice for them.  He would make them better than last year's team.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is probably the moment Jessica Jones lost me.

Not gonna lie, I barely made it lol, but I thought the show redeemed itself after whatever the he'll that was (that is now burned into my head like the jingle from Halloween III) :rofl89:

LeBron's gotta be in this for the long haul.  I think he's gonna try to wait out GSW until they can't keep that team together.  While he transforms that team just by his presence alone, he can't be serious about winning a title with the guys they just acquired along with him in 2019.  

51 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Unless I totally had a full retard moment (very possible) he said name a decade when they weren't in contention for a few years running (not name a decade when they weren't in contention at all ), and I immediately thought of '04-'07, the "**** you I'm gonna take 60 shots and yell at Smush Parker" years

Oh maybe I read it wrong. I took it as “a decade where they didn’t have at least a few year that were competing for championships” 

Unrelated 

569F03BD-BE98-47F1-BDA7-859FB1778F83.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not the point. The point is despite history, cache only gets you so far. Despite all the titles, all the glitz, all the glamour, all the ass, all the titties, all the palm trees, all the earthquakes, none of that stopped them from being a basketball outpost for 5 seasons. And I can guarantee you LeBron's decision to go there was not solely for basketball reasons.

From a fan/marketing standpoint, they are and have always been a cash cow, but in terms of their ability to sell that pitch to players, I don't think it holds the same weight it once did.

At the end of the day, the NBA needs stars, and great teams, and it had that while the Lakers floundered, and it's popularity has grown.

Yeah, the last decade :ols:

So you want to put the last 5 years in a vacuum and ignore the championships, the hall of fame players, the sustained success throughout the years and the transcendent global brand in order to further your narrative. I can't stop you, but that's a pretty nifty spin job. 

19 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

So you want to put the last 5 years in a vacuum and ignore the championships, the hall of fame players, the sustained success throughout the years and the transcendent global brand in order to further your narrative. I can't stop you, but that's a pretty nifty spin job. 

Yeah, fam... I definitely ignored it. All of it. If you read my post carefully, it's readily apparent.

Phew, that confession made me feel a lot better. Weight lifted off my shoulders ?

Edited by Mr. Sinister

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, fam... I definitely ignored it. All of it. If you read my post carefully, it's readily apparent.

Phew, that confession made me feel a lot better. Weight lifted off my shoulders ?

If you expect to put the last 5 years in a vacuum you most definitely have to ignore it, but the problem is putting the past 5 years in a vacuum takes you out of relevance in this discussion. When we're discussing the Lakers as an organization and the appeal they hold to star players, their history is absolutely germane to that discussion. If you want to point out the past five years in a vacuum then yes, we know, but I'm not sure what the point there is. Back to the discussion everyone else is having, when you weigh those five years of mismanagement against the franchise's history, those years you're clinging to for dear life become rather overshadowed fam.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

If you expect to put the last 5 years in a vacuum you most definitely have to ignore it, but the problem is putting the past 5 years in a vacuum takes you out of relevance in this discussion. When we're discussing the Lakers as an organization and the appeal they hold to star players, their history is absolutely germane to that discussion. If you want to point out the past five years in a vacuum then yes, we know, but I'm not sure what the point there is. Back to the discussion everyone else is having, when you weigh those five years of mismanagement against the franchise's history, those years you're clinging to for dear life become rather overshadowed fam.  

Okay 

Ah yes the laughing emoji. The international symbol of I took an L and have nothing else to say. Which part of my post did you disagree with btw? All you did was state the obvious and ignore it in other any context, because you can't really argue that 5 lean years under those circumstances overshadow the Lakers' history. 

Edited by Berggy9598

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Okay 

Stop being obnoxious. 

That's like me throwing shade on Wade. 

Lakers are historically one of the best organizations in the game. A few bad years after the death of their owner... Not really that big of a deal. 

• Haha 1