Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I feel like I'm the get off my lawn back in my day old man because I'm the only Lakers fan that wants to ride with the kids. I hate the "super team", I hate the league sponsored collusion, and I hate that I've watched about 80% of the games Randle/Ingram/Ball/Kuzma have played in a Lakers uniform only to see them eventually traded. The oldest of them is 23, there were many games that were painful to watch, but I also saw them run with every team in the league including Golden State and Houston. Nothing has happened yet but I'm resigned to the fact that all but Lonzo Ball won't be in a Lakers uniform next year. Hope they do well wherever they go. 

10 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I feel like I'm the get off my lawn back in my day old man because I'm the only Lakers fan that wants to ride with the kids. I hate the "super team", I hate the league sponsored collusion, and I hate that I've watched about 80% of the games Randle/Ingram/Ball/Kuzma have played in a Lakers uniform only to see them eventually traded. The oldest of them is 23, there were many games that were painful to watch, but I also saw them run with every team in the league including Golden State and Houston. Nothing has happened yet but I'm resigned to the fact that all but Lonzo Ball won't be in a Lakers uniform next year. Hope they do well wherever they go. 

Kinda how I felt about Wade, Caron, Odom, etc, though I wouldn't trade the resulting outcome for a single solitary damn thing. But the lean years afterwards did have me thinking of what they could've accomplished together

Edited by Mr. Sinister

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Kinda how I felt about Wade, Caron, Odom, etc, though I wouldn't trade the resulting outcome for a single solitary damn thing. But the lean years afterwards did have me thinking of what they could've accomplished together

For the Heat? That's an interesting scenario but I could see that DWade winning more than one ring with that group. 

The Celtics don’t want to give up their assets for Kawhi and they are right to feell that way.  They have a good thing going and can ride it out without doing a thing and still will play in the Finals next season. 

Their prized catch is Davis when he hits the end of his contract with the Pelicans 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

11 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

There have always been "superteams" though.  Why is it all the sudden a problem now?  Literally the only thing that's changed is the method.

Edited by justice98

Read that the Celtics are very cautious about going after Kawhi.  There is too much uncertainty with his health and future in free agency.

Well, the same applies to Kyrie Irving.  So why not mitigate your risk by doing a 1:1 swap?  Then you start building a second deal for someone like Kemba Walker with the intention of unloading Gordon Hayward's contract.   You get your transcendent player.  You clear up the wing log jam.  And you replace the PG position with a quality player.

A starting five of Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Kawhi, and Horford with Rozier and Smart and a decent big coming off the bench (Robert Williams?) probably wins the East next year.  And if you sign Leonard long term, that's a heck of a window they'll have.

The why for San Antonio in that situation is that it's probably the most graceful out they're going to get from this Kawhi Leonard situation.

Plus I think Kyrie Irving would fit in really well in San Antonio's system.  Very similar to Tony Parker, except that Kyrie is a much better shooter from range.

And remember, San Antonio was one of Kyrie's preferred destinations last summer, and Boston wasn't on that list.  San Antonio would have a really good chance at signing him long term.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Teams are cautious about trading for Leonard b/c there is no guarantee that he'll stay with that squad beyond this season.  Celtics make the most sense because they have PROVEN young assets - without as many question marks as the Lakers do.  However, giving up a potential young stud in someone like Jaylen Brown or Tatum is a HIGH price to pay for Kawhi. 

If I'm the Spurs and I'm talking to the Lakers, the deal, at a minimum, involves Randle/Ingram

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If i'm the Lakers, I'd be jumping for joy if that's all they want and I can keep Kuzma and Ball. 

They'd obviously have to throw in draft picks...and I saw someone (verified, but I forget who) on twitter say that the Spurs have zero interest in Lonzo. 

Oh...regarding the C's, maybe Kyrie is included in the trade?  He's been non-committal about re-signing after his contract is up, so they may try to move him with the hopes of extending Kawhi past the year. 

...And Cleveland sucks again :rofl89:

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

ESPN acting like LeBron becoming an FA is big news.   I think it'd be bigger news if he was staying.

Yeah, arguably the most recognizable arhlete on planet Earth becoming a free agent... Totally not a big deal

Edited by Mr. Sinister

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

...And Cleveland sucks again :rofl89:

Yeah, arguably the most recognizable arhlete on planet Earth becoming a free agent... Totally not a big deal

Considering everyone's been talking about where he'll land for the past few months, this is a mere formality.  What'd be more surprising, him staying in Cleveland or becoming an FA?  

The extra money Lebron could make in Cleveland is negligible in the grand scheme of things.  Dude is on the fast track to becoming a billionaire and a good chunk of that money comes from his investments off the court. 

Dan Gilbert ruined any chance of Lebron sticking around past this current deal. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Considering everyone's been talking about where he'll land for the past few months, this is a mere formality.  What'd be more surprising, him staying in Cleveland or becoming an FA?  

It wasn't a formality. Certainly not to the level it was in 2010, where you could clearly tell by the way he threw that jersey off that he was gone.

Him becoming a free agent, when viewed through the lens of 2010, and 2014 may no longer be the jolt to the system it was before, because weve already been down thus road with him before, but it as every bit as important, if not more important, because it is going to affect the reshape the balance of the league for years to come, just like before. It's like continental plates shifting. 

Where he could go, will dominate the sports world for the next several hours, and will set it ablaze when the destination is announced. If he stayed in Cleveland, frankly it wouldve been boring, but a bit surprising. Not in anyway comparable to the mental gymnastics and equations people will be doing to place him on > this team or > that team :cheers:

Buckle up

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

It wasn't a formality. Certainly not to the level it was in 2010, where you could clearly tell by the way he threw that jersey off that he was gone.

Him becoming a free agent, when viewed through the lens of 2010, and 2014 may no longer be the jolt to the system it was before, because weve already been down thus road with him before, but it as every bit as important, if not more important, because it is going to affect the reshape the balance of the league for years to come, just like before. It's like continental plates shifting. 

Where he could go, will dominate the sports world for the next several hours, and will set it ablaze when the destination is announced. If he stayed in Cleveland, frankly it wouldve been boring, but a bit surprising. Not in anyway comparable to the mental gymnastics and equations people will be doing to place him on > this team or > that team :cheers:

Buckle up

Yeah, I've thought for awhile now that the NBA has the best offseason, bar none.  But you are right, maybe this isn't a big deal to me because we've seen this from him before.  

I'm thinking LA, but I dunno.  

14 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

The extra money Lebron could make in Cleveland is negligible in the grand scheme of things.  Dude is on the fast track to becoming a billionaire and a good chunk of that money comes from his investments off the court. 

Dan Gilbert ruined any chance of Lebron sticking around past this current deal. 

I wonder if Machinewhatshisface is gonna do another gump diss track or whatever that **** was 5-6 years ago :806: