Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s crazy. I’d trade Beal for Kawhi in a second if I knew he’d sign long term. That’s the only reservation I’d have 

Beal finally played 82 games this year, 3000+ minutes.  How much did Kawhi play this year?  Last year? How much could he play versus not wanting to?  

I think I read that before this season KL averaged 60 games a year. The injury is degenerate quad tissue or something like that. 

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Damnnn. Divencinzo might go later in the round, but is already winning at like. Girl sitting next to him a 10..

pics cause what i found her face stops her from being a 10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Beal finally played 82 games this year, 3000+ minutes.  How much did Kawhi play this year?  Last year? How much could he play versus not wanting to?  

So Beal finally makes it thru one season and we are gonna talk about other people’s injuries? Plus when Kawhi was last on the floor he was a top 3-4 player the league. 

I don’t know what happened to him this past season. But if you think he can come back to the player he was, you make that trade 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So Beal finally makes it thru one season and we are gonna talk about other people’s injuries? Plus when Kawhi was last on the floor he was a top 3-4 player the league. 

I don’t know what happened to him this past season. But if you think he can come back to the player he was, you make that trade 

Pfft, no you don't.  Our training staff is worse then the Spurs, maybe worst in the league.  I don't believe he's fully healthy, so he hates it in San Antonio, he'll want out of here quickly, too.

Some of ya'll making suggestions for the Wizards need to realize these moves put forth don't happen in a vaccum.  You really think its going to be the easy or simple for us?  As long as I'm getting between 50-60 ppg from my backcourt in the playoffs, I'm not touching that, that's one of the few things we've got right right now.

The Spurs medical staff has a reputation for excellence and pioneering best practices.  If Kawhi's injury stumped them, then that scares me off from him quite frankly because our medical staff has a horrible reputation.

I think there is a very real chance that Kawhi is damaged goods.  And I also think that he'll tell teams not to trade for him and that he wants to play in LA.

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And I also think that he'll tell teams not to trade for him and that he wants to play in LA.

I think this too, I was speaking hypothetically if they were entertaining all offers. I also added that he would have to agree to an extension too. 

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Some of ya'll making suggestions for the Wizards need to realize these moves put forth don't happen in a vaccum.  You really think its going to be the easy or simple for us?  As long as I'm getting between 50-60 ppg from my backcourt in the playoffs, I'm not touching that, that's one of the few things we've got right right now.

It's a good point on the training staffs. I really think his situation was just something that soured him on SA and once he had it in his mind he wanted out, he wasn't going to risk coming back from injury for them.

Not concerning contracts or injuries etc, a full healthy Kawhi vs a fully healthy Beal. Which makes the Wizards a better team?

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Not concerning contracts or injuries etc, a full healthy Kawhi vs a fully healthy Beal. Which makes the Wizards a better team?

Basically testing my homerism here :806:

Got to say Kawhi, but I'll keep saying it, our problem is we don't enough around what we have already in regards to the backcourt.  Getting rid of one of them to get another start isn't going to put us over the top, we need a third star, not switch one out.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Basically testing my homerism here :806:

Got to say Kawhi, but I'll keep saying it, our problem is we don't enough around what we have already in regards to the backcourt.  Getting rid of one of them to get another start isn't going to put us over the top, we need a third star, not switch one out.

lol you passed. I don't think he will put you over the top but I think they would be better and he's fits in pretty nicely. They definitely need an upgrade in the front court but I don't know how they do that. Ship out Porter and Oubre? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

lol you passed. I don't think he will put you over the top but I think they would be better and he's fits in pretty nicely. They definitely need an upgrade in the front court but I don't know how they do that. Ship out Porter and Oubre? 

Otto is untradable in my eye, so any trade that involves him may get us a piece we need, but we're going to lose the trade in order to make up for the size of his contract and the production not matching that. 

What I want us to do doesn't matter because our GM is deadset on his way.  He just drafted two positions he's been trading draft picks for the last couple years instead of taking a legit prospect at our greatest weakness.  It sounds like we're going to trade Gortat to get that cap space so we can replace him with another center.  Steve insist that Ted is scared of the Luxury Tax, I know the stadium deal is costing him money, so I don't see Ted doing what say the Warriors are doing. 

But I can see us getting Cousins or Howard anyway (preferably Howard), and Otto going nowhere because it would cost Oubre as well (this new guy, I've seen him play that'd be fine with him being the backup or starting SF.)   Otto is passive and underutilized, Morris is inconsistent, but our center play is what did our Front Court in more then anything.  Even a mediocre C helps Morris and Otto, we don't have that right now (yes, I'm there with Ian right now, and Jason Smith used to be my boy, but he gets zero burn now).

No question that peak Kawhi is better than Beal, but there is a serious question about whether or not Kawhi will ever be the player he used to be.  Missing an entire season for what seemed like a minor quadriceps injury is troubling.  It's an injury that managed to stump one of the best medical staffs in the league.  And caused so much drama that a player actually wanted out from San Antonio for pretty much the first time in the Popovich era.  What Kawhi has done... just isn't done.  It's a weird situation that is full of land mines.  Any team should tread carefully when walking through a place where the Spurs failed.

• Like 2

Did anyone else read LeBron's weird quote from a few weeks ago about how he got the feeling that Cleveland was "watching over him" and that this was a subtle way of stating his intention to stay in Cleveland?

I've been assuming that he couldn't stay in Cleveland because they're a dead end team with no shot at beating Golden State.  But what if he doesn't care about that?  What if his real ambition is that he wants to eventually own the Cavs and become a congressman for Ohio?

I spent all of that time last week trying to game out where LeBron might go based on various incentives and restrictions, and kept coming to the conclusion that the Lakers made the most sense as his destination.  But now the only thing I feel confident in predicting is that he's going to do something weird like stay in Cleveland.  This is going to be a fun July.

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Did anyone else read LeBron's weird quote from a few weeks ago about how he got the feeling that Cleveland was "watching over him" and that this was a subtle way of stating his intention to stay in Cleveland?

I've been assuming that he couldn't stay in Cleveland because they're a dead end team with no shot at beating Golden State.  But what if he doesn't care about that?  What if his real ambition is that he wants to eventually own the Cavs and become a congressman for Ohio?

I spent all of that time last week trying to game out where LeBron might go based on various incentives and restrictions, and kept coming to the conclusion that the Lakers made the most sense as his destination.  But now the only thing I feel confident in predicting is that he's going to do something weird like stay in Cleveland.  This is going to be a fun July.

That's assuming that the owner would sell the team at all.  Gilbert paid $375 million for the team and they are now worth 1.325 billion.  LeBron's net worth is estimated at $400 million (as of 2018).  It's going to be hard for him to become the majority owner of an NBA team, the value of the franchises have blown up after the TV contracts.  When MJ cashed in and bought out Bob Johnson, the franchise was valued at $287 million.

I don't see LeBron owning an NBA team anytime soon, after retirement.  Not to say it can't/won't happen.  He might have to start out small, be a minority owner, and hope that he can eventually one day buyout another owner and gain majority control over a franchise.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Steve, you forget Aldridge wanted out too before Pop told him LOL. 

Duncan was going to go to Orlando too before they wouldn't let his World of Warcraft guild fly on the team plane with him.

Point is, everyone eventually comes back into the fold in San Antonio.  Kawhi publicly requesting to be traded to the Lakers is weird and unheard of.  He's turning down the chance to sign a DPVE for a first rate organization that he won a championship with over hurt feelings about an injury?  Either he's insane or else there is something seriously wrong going on with his injury and his potential contract extension that isn't being reported.  Like maybe San Antonio isn't offering him a DPVE because they think he's damaged goods and he's pissed about it and demanding a trade.