Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like the Mo Bamba pick for Orlando.  This could come back to haunt me, but I predict that he'll have a better career than Michael Porter.  He's not in Porter's league as an offensive talent.  But his physical tools are out of this world.  Seven foot ****ing ten inch wingspan.  That is crazy.  Capable of running 3/4 court sprints faster than young Westbrook and Wall.  Such an impressive blend of fluidity and power.  And I liked listening to his interviews, this is a cerebral kid.

He's Rudy Gobert.  Between him and Gordon, the Magic can set the defensive standard for the league.  I think they're finally going to start getting good.

That pick sucked. ?

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Michael Porter Jr. dropping like Ed Harris at the end of The Abyss.

Getting an old man back surgery at 19 is almost a death sentence for your draft stock.  But at some point, the talent makes him worth the risk.  He has #1/#1 overall offensive tools.

I have no sense at all for how serious his back injury really is.  It honestly wouldn't shock me if he played less than 82 games in his entire career, or if he ended up being the best scorer from this entire class.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:33 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's what I mean. The best player in the world is okay playing on multiple short term deals to give himself flexibility. A tag wouldn't impact these guys or change much at all. Especially when it's used basically as a ball and chain and would be seen as such.

The only reason players hate the tag in the NFL is because it doesn't provide long-term security and there is such a high risk of injury for them. That doesn't really exist in the NBA

I don't understand, ya, its a one year deal, but the player can't threaten to leave anymore.  We already have max contracts in the NBA, chances are if we're in that situation it will be over someone that would get max somewhere else.  A couple more years is a big deal when you're talking about windows during or between superteams.

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Michael Porter Jr. dropping like Ed Harris at the end of The Abyss.

I’m surprised it’s considered a slide, his injury is a huge problem.  Two herniate discs is a major back injury that’s impossible to predict.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So what does everyone think about the Colin Sexton to Cleveland pick?

Seems like a safe pick, not that I'm huge into the NBA anymore.  But they need a PG with or without LeBron.  But LeBron plays point forward.  If Sexton can play off the ball it makes sense.  If LeBron doesn't come back you've got someone to bring it upcourt.  

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Seems like a safe pick, not that I'm huge into the NBA anymore.  But they need a PG with or without LeBron.  But LeBron plays point forward.  If Sexton can play off the ball it makes sense.  If LeBron doesn't come back you've got someone to bring it upcourt.  

I don't think he was the BPA.  I think Porter or Mikal Bridges were probably better prospects.  But I actually loved what I saw when I watched Colin Sexton and I think this is a really interesting pick.  That kid is a true bulldog.  He reminds me of Patrick Beverly in the way he competes on defense.  Only he has a great first step and a strong handle and strong legs.  He can slash like Eric Bledsoe.  I think he's going to be a fine player.  But I don't think he'll be a blue chip star like Michael Porter has a chance to be.

He makes a lot of sense if LeBron stays in Cleveland though.  He's the perfect PG to pair with him because he can be a bulldog guarding the ball, and like you say, he can start plays away from the ball and be used as a secondary ball handler.

-----------------

Mikal Bridges was the no-brainer choice for Philly.  The rich get richer.  ****.

Prototype modern three and D player.  They're about to trot out a line up with Bridges and Covington on the Wings, Embiid down low, and Simmons running point.  Holy Hell.  How is anyone ever going to get an uncontested shot off or a rebound against them?

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think he was the BPA.  I think Porter or Mikal Bridges were probably better prospects.  But I actually loved what I saw when I watched Colin Sexton and I think this is a really interesting pick.  That kid is a true bulldog.  He reminds me of Patrick Beverly in the way he competes on defense.  Only he has a great first step and a strong handle and strong legs.  He can slash like Eric Bledsoe.  I think he's going to be a fine player.  But I don't think he'll be a blue chip star like Michael Porter has a chance to be.

He makes a lot of sense if LeBron stays in Cleveland though.  He's the perfect PG to pair with him because he can be a bulldog guarding the ball, and like you say, he can start plays away from the ball and be used as a secondary ball handler.

That back injury seems to be killing Porter here.  I don't think he was BPA from what I understand, either but to me the NBA draft is the draft where you can draft for need more than BPA...sometimes, not all the time.  In this case I think it makes sense.

If they can run sets sometimes with him being the primary ballhander, (If LeBron allows it) it'll be interesting to see what they can do.

Come on, pick Lonnie Walker.  Or Porter.  Don't pick Williams.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

It might happen.  I’m not going to say it though.

I'm not sure I want it to happen.  If everyone and their mother is passing on him because of his back and we're the ones who stop his slide?  I do not have a good feeling about our medical staff thinking they are the smartest guys in the room...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not sure I want it to happen.  If everyone and their mother is passing on him because of his back and we're the ones who stop his slide?  I do not have a good feeling about our medical staff thinking they are the smartest guys in the room...

You are not wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Come on, pick Lonnie Walker.  Or Porter.  Don't pick Williams.

I want Williams, but because Wizards... I expect that not to happen.  An extremely high reward high risk player is a nice consolation prize.