Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

He’s using the injury and the way players like Parker spoke out on him as a cover. He wants to be in LA. He wants to be a bigger star. People are in his ear telling him he should be talked about and on TV as much as Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Durant Lebron etc. he doesn’t feel like he’s regarded on their level and he doesn’t think he will ever get there being in San Antonio. He’s not wrong either 

He can’t just come out and say all that tho so the injury stuff and being offended and losing confidence etc is how he saves face 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I'm not sure I buy that Momma.  For one thing, LeBron and Westbrook and Durant were superstars in tiny markets.  Duncan was a huge star in San Antonio.  For another Kawhi is considered to be on their level when he's actually playing.  He finished third in MVP voting the last year he was healthy.  And San Antonio's system is tailored to him.  He's an offball player.  Unlike the primary ballhandlers you mentioned, he can't just go to any other team and put up 25 PPG unless they're running a system for him.

I also never got the sense that Kawhi cared about stardom.  He's always been considered a home body who only cares about basketball.

I think the reporting that he's angry at the Spurs is accurate, I just don't totally understand why.

hamdL2ml.jpg

:rofl89:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not sure I buy that Momma.  For one thing, LeBron and Westbrook and Durant were superstars in tiny markets.  Duncan was a huge star in San Antonio.  For another Kawhi is considered to be on their level when he's actually playing.  He finished third in MVP voting the last year he was healthy.  And San Antonio's system is tailored to him.  He's an offball player.  Unlike the primary ballhandlers you mentioned, he can't just go to any other team and put up 25 PPG unless they're running a system for him.

I also never got the sense that Kawhi cared about stardom.  He's always been considered a home body who only cares about basketball.

Duncan was not mainstream. Kawhi is not either. As far as endorsements and just being that known celebrity superstar, Kawhi is not on their level. People that follow the NBA know he's great at basketball but he's not famous. 

The home body stuff has been largely true but like i said, people are in his ear and have been feeding him this stuff for a long time and I think he's come around to it. That quiet under the radar stuff worked for Duncan because he was fine with it. Kawhi wants the fame and lifestyle that match the level of his talent. His shoe deal offer that he turned down is another example of this and feeling disrespected.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Utah Joffreys.

Allen is going to realize quickly that he doesn't get the leeway and the calls he did in his college jersey. If he keeps it together, then good for him. If/when he has a meltdown. He's going to get less sympathy inside his own locker room than from the opposing team. O/U before he's in Europe? 3 years.

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Power broker players trying to turn the NBA season into a formality.

The Decision 3.0:  Where will Bron head next to form his own custom, hand-picked all-star team?  Tune in!

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Stephen A Smith is a known liar.

Don't believe a word he said here.

He's probably lying.

But KD and LeBron could do this if they wanted to.  And I think that's a problem for the league.  You can't leave maintaining the competitive balance of the NBA in the hands of the players because they are not incentivized to sacrifice their individual careers to maintain it.  Their incentive is to join up with their peers rather than compete with them.  The NBA needs to find a way to better distribute talent around the league.

If the Celtics were to offer Kyrie Irving for Kawhi, does that get it done?

I mean, is that not the best outcome for everyone involved?  Remember, the Spurs were on Kyrie's list of places he wanted to get traded to.  They would have an excellent shot at keeping him.  And Boston is the perfect landing spot for Kawhi in terms of system and culture.  I think they'd have a great chance to keep him too.

The NBA needs a hard cap and they need to get rid of all these exceptions that allow teams to go over the CAP.  They need to create a way to have only 1.5 MAX players per team and need to add arbitration like baseball has to keep stars where they are drafted

26 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The NBA needs a hard cap and they need to get rid of all these exceptions that allow teams to go over the CAP.  They need to create a way to have only 1.5 MAX players per team and need to add arbitration like baseball has to keep stars where they are drafted

i'm in a favor of the hard cap with no limit on max salaries for individual players.

• Like 1