Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I ask this question and I hate doing this because I like the guy, but does Durant make people around him better like LeBron does?

That's why answer to the previous question on whether the Heat would be winning championships with Durant is "probably not."

Durant isn't close to the passer LeBron is, BUT, on a team like Miami he wouldn't have Russell Westbrook robbing him of possessions down the stretch over and over.

People loves picking on Westbrook. Now I admit, he should not be taking more shots than Durant, but what did Durant say at his MVP press conference? He told Westbrook, "don't change for anybody." Which leads to the point Max Kellerman made that I brought up. Maybe Durant likes the fact that Westbrook jacking up all those shots, takes the pressure off of him.

Durant isn't close to the passer LeBron is, BUT, on a team like Miami he wouldn't have Russell Westbrook robbing him of possessions down the stretch over and over.

Why does he have to be? Durant isn't a point forward. Wade average less than 4 assists per game in the finals when his Heat team won in 2005-06. Jason "White Chocolate" Williams is certainly not the reason that team beat the Mavericks. There are more ways to win as a superstar in the NBA than playing "point" for your team.

Instead of putting Durant on the Heat, why not put Blake Griffin on the Thunder and give the team a great group of role players.  Are we saying that adding an allstar 20/10 PF wouldn't make the Thunder better?  That's what Bosh was when he joined Wade and Lebron.  That's not a small addition and neither is a group of role players that can actually play.  

Edited by Destino

People loves picking on Westbrook. Now I admit, he should not be taking more shots than Durant, but what did Durant say at his MVP press conference? He told Westbrook, "don't change for anybody." Which leads to the point Max Kellerman made that I brought up. Maybe Durant likes the fact that Westbrook jacking up all those shots, takes the pressure off of him.

Key word: Press conference, Durant is way too classy and smart to throw a teammate under the bus in public.

I'm tempted to say 5.  I can't say what's different this season but I have a feeling the Heat are going to dominate.  

The Heat got no better than last year and they should've lost last year.  San Antonio is better than they were and Manu isn't coming into the series playing like garbage.

Why does he have to be? Durant isn't a point forward. Wade average less than 4 assists per game in the finals when his Heat team won in 2005-06. Jason "White Chocolate" Williams is certainly not the reason that team beat the Mavericks. There are more ways to win as a superstar in the NBA than playing "point" for your team.

You don't have to be the defacto PG to make your teammates better.  Bird dropped 6 dimes a game playing true small forward.

Blake Griffin?  He has nothing to do with DM72's question which was simply nothing else changed, who wins a title if Durant and LeBron are switched.

Edited by Sticksboi05

a random question to basketball fans, if the situations were reversed, and Durant was on the Heat with Wade and Bosh, would he win an NBA championship? 

I'd say yes...

I don't think so.  The problem isn't really Durant then, but the complementary players, which are heavily 3 pt. shooters.

If you take away Lebron, you lose a versatile offensive and defensive player that can faliciate and get to the basket making those jump shooters extra effective.

I guess maybe you could say then you'd move Bosh to the low post and leave Durant on the perimeter and run an offense inside out, but I don't really have any reason to believe that could be done with Bosh at a championship level.  The other option would be to move Duran to the post and do the same, and while I think Durant might be able to do something like that, I certainly wouldn't say he could.

Riley did an excellent job building an offense specifically around James.  taking him out leaves a gaping holes.

I'll also say the flip is true.  I don't think the Thunder are really (much) better if you take Durant off and put on James.  They aren't really a good perimeter shooting team now, and you've removed their best shooter.  Teams are going attack James heavily any time he gets close to the paint, and there is nobody that would reliably make them pay.

People that ask "why isn't Durant getting killed like Lebron did?!" The answer is because Lebron jumped to a super team and in doing so killed the argument that Durant should simply win where he is. Lebron never overcame the hardship in Cleveland. He got to the finals and lost badly once but mostly came up short in the playoffs. Sound familiar? If the Thunder add Blake Griffin, then Durant is in Lebron's situation.

This is not an argument that what Lebron did was bad or that he's bad or anything like that. All I'm saying is that it changed the comparison argument, not that it in anyway diminishes Lebron.

the problem is Lebron got killed in Cleveland too. He got blamed for averaging 40 ppg in that series against Orlando.
  • Like 1

Just saw this. Taj Gibson's 6 yr old cousin was stabbed to death.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-06-02/taj-gibson-cousin-murdered-butcher-knife-stabbed-brooklyn-double-stabbing

So sad. Can't imagine what the family is going through and really hard to imagine someone being able to do something like this, especially to a kid. Crazy world.

Read about that and was almost in tears man. Didn't know it was Gibson's cousin. This world man...

Awful...and heartbreaking.  I've been following the story for the past day or two, and the guy responsible for these stabbings is potentially linked to another that happened near by.  Just tragic.  SMH. 

The father (I was reading) of the 6 year old boy said he recognized the man instantly when he saw the sketch.  The man is homeless and schizophrenic - not sure if I spelled it right.  Hopefully he's caught soon.