Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think he has 2 years of carrying a team left.  The signs of aging are already apparent and they accelerate.  The older he gets the more he'll need the rest of his team to carry him. 

You're probably right.  Mine was a conservative estimate from the perspective of a fan of an opposing team.

The next two seasons are really high stakes for LeBron.  He's got to find a new super team dynamic in a really limited time frame and his current team has no room or trade assets that could make it better.

I honestly think that San Antonio scenario is his last best option for winning another title.  I don't know what their cap situation is like though, it could be impossible.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You're probably right.  Mine was a conservative estimate from the perspective of a fan of an opposing team.

The next two seasons are really high stakes for LeBron.  He's got to find a new super team dynamic in a really limited time frame and his current team has no room or trade assets that could make it better.

I honestly think that San Antonio scenario is his last best option for winning another title.  I don't know what their cap situation is like though, it could be impossible.

I can't see him going to San Antonio because then he would actually need to listen to his coach. As great as Lebron is, he will not be able to go there, throw his weight around, and tell Pops what to do. 

• Like 4

Celtics over achieved this year. 

I believe their team goal isn't to compete with the cavs to win the east and lose to GSW, but instead to build a juggernaut that in 3 years can run the league. What's crazy is the amount of high lottery picks they are going to have (and be able to develope) while also being a top 4 team in the east.

The could easily have the #1 again next year (as well as the #2,3,4 or 5) and a top 5 pick in 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LeBron's 32.  He's got like three or four years left of being good enough to carry a contender.  Does anyone aside from the most delusional Lakers fan really think he's going to waste those final years babysitting a bunch of kids in LA?

LeBron's going to figure out how to form another super team somewhere.  Him, CP3, and Melo are going to end up on the Clippers, or somewhere like that.  Still won't beat the Warriors, but they'd be the second best team in the league probably.

Or, bear with me, CP3 goes to San Antonio this summer and LeBron follows him there a year later.  LeBron has a ton of respect for Popovich, I think he'd relish playing for him.  And LeBrion + CP3 + Kawhi is now getting into even footing territory with the Warriors.

I see this too.

Wade joining as a 6th man as well. 

They will lose to the Warriors, but they all get to play together.

Actually take all of that back since Jerry West is now with the Clippers. I don't see him riding for this.

Nobody else see's the firing of Cavs GM as an open invitation by Gilbert to let Lebron run the show so he doesn't leave. 

I think Lebron builds his next super team, probably already underway, in Cleveland. I think there's no way Lebron goes to the west. At very least he want's his legacy to show excessive finals appearances. He will land a George IMO and likely Melo as well.

Edited by Bonez3

30 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Nobody else see's the firing of Cavs GM as an open invitation by Gilbert to let Lebron run the show so he doesn't leave. 

I think Lebron builds his next super team, probably already underway, in Cleveland. I think there's no way Lebron goes to the west. At very least he want's his legacy to show excessive finals appearances. He will land a George IMO and likely Melo as well.

they don't have the cap space to do anything.

This is the perfect Lebron team. They gave him shooters, no bigs to clog up the lanes. I guess they need another perimeter defender, but this is the team. Golden State just changed what the best team should look like.

• Like 3

Everyone is giving Lavar Ball the business for calling playoffs, and generally behaving like a crazy person, but what about these 76ers?

CAMDEN, N.J. -- While the notion of becoming the top overall pick had yet to sink in the morning after the NBA draft, Markelle Fultz didn't need much time to let Philadelphia know that he thinks the Sixers are now a playoff team.

"I am serious when I say that," Fultz said at his introductory news conference while sitting under the franchise's three championship banners at the Sixers' practice facility. "That is not just me talking because I am a player. I really think that we can be a [playoff team]."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19719422/markelle-fultz-says-philadelphia-76ers-playoff-team

Between their three stars they have like 30 games of NBA experience and they are acting like they've arrived.

20 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Josh Hart will have a better rookie season than Lonzo Ball.

I'll take that bet. :)

Is that more of a criticism of Lonzo or are you just really high on Hart?  I'm genuinely curious.  I watched a lot of UCLA's games this year and I think Lonzo is a can't miss prospect.  I see a lot of people trying to poke holes in his game, maybe I'm missing something.  Kid seems like a prodigy to me.

33 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I'll take that bet. :)

Is that more of a criticism of Lonzo or are you just really high on Hart?  I'm genuinely curious.  I watched a lot of UCLA's games this year and I think Lonzo is a can't miss prospect.  I see a lot of people trying to poke holes in his game, maybe I'm missing something.  Kid seems like a prodigy to me.

Both.  But also because I think Hart might get a ton of minutes due to the Russell trade.  Clarkson can play both guard spots, but he's a natural PG and I think Lonzo is going to have to time share with him.  I don't know that they're going to be able to play Lonzo and Clarkson together a lot because neither have reliable three ball range.  So unless Nick Young gets a ton of minutes, I think Hart has a chance to start or play sixth man minutes.

I felt Hart was the Malcolm Brogdon of the class and that he has the body and skill set to play immediately.  And on the flip side, I think Lonzo is going to get picked on and have a rough year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

Everyone is giving Lavar Ball the business for calling playoffs, and generally behaving like a crazy person, but what about these 76ers?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19719422/markelle-fultz-says-philadelphia-76ers-playoff-team

Between their three stars they have like 30 games of NBA experience and they are acting like they've arrived.

Gotta learn how to win first. 

12 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Both.  But also because I think Hart might get a ton of minutes due to the Russell trade.  Clarkson can play both guard spots, but he's a natural PG and I think Lonzo is going to have to time share with him.  I don't know that they're going to be able to play Lonzo and Clarkson together a lot because neither have reliable three ball range.  So unless Nick Young gets a ton of minutes, I think Hart has a chance to start or play sixth man minutes.

I felt Hart was the Malcolm Brogdon of the class and that he has the body and skill set to play immediately.  And on the flip side, I think Lonzo is going to get picked on and have a rough year.

Clarkson will not start over Lonzo. He might not even be on the team come regular season.

I get LaVar hyping the Lakers playoff claims, which are nothing less than outrageous in that conference and the overall lack of talent on that team. 

But what is Philly thinking. Yea, I like the idea they have 3 potential players. But, none of them played 1 game together and 2 have yet to set foot in an NBA game. There is quite a possibility they simply don't work or don't make it. To me, Embid already is major red flagged given the scope of injuries and the area of his body involved at such a young age. 

I'll give it to the NBA though. For having all the talk surrounding 'mega teams' just 2 weeks ago, the buzz around the bottom feeders has people counting down to start of the season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Destino said:

Rookies say stuff like this always.

I don't think we ever hear dad's of said rookie say this. That is the difference.

I'm still not sold at all on the 76ers. My concern is with Simmons and Faultz, they're so great yet neither of them won jack in college. You look at the great players, they win in college. Melo carried his team to a national title in Syracuse. Davis won at UK(granted that team was stacked). Wade carried Marquette to a Final Four. Wall made an Elite 8. Curry carried Davidson to the Elite 8. List goes on and on. I'm not saying they won't be good players but I don't think either are slam dunk superstars. We shall see.

TWolves on the other hand are going to be really good. I've already got them pegged in the top 4 in the West. I see them giving the Warriors a legit scare in the Western Conference semifinals next year.

15 hours ago, Destino said:

At least Fultz is cashing checks that HE'S going to have to sign. LaVar is just putting added pressure, an added spotlight, and an added bullseye on his son's back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm still not sold at all on the 76ers. My concern is with Simmons and Faultz, they're so great yet neither of them won jack in college. You look at the great players, they win in college. Melo carried his team to a national title in Syracuse. Davis won at UK(granted that team was stacked). Wade carried Marquette to a Final Four. Wall made an Elite 8. Curry carried Davidson to the Elite 8. List goes on and on. I'm not saying they won't be good players but I don't think either are slam dunk superstars. We shall see.

TWolves on the other hand are going to be really good. I've already got them pegged in the top 4 in the West. I see them giving the Warriors a legit scare in the Western Conference semifinals next year.

Simmons and Fultz played on teams their coaches got fired. That was probably the real reason. Romar and that LSU coach were bad. 

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Simmons and Fultz played on teams their coaches got fired. That was probably the real reason. Romar and that LSU coach were bad. 

Maybe. I still don't think either are alpha male carry a team superstar types. And Embid is already showing injury problems.