Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 9/24/2017 at 9:46 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Deuce on HBO is coming together nicely through 2 episodes.  Definitely not one to watch in the living room when the kids are running around.

On 9/16/2017 at 11:31 PM, TK said:

Just finished the first season of Vice Principals on HBO. It's what's his name that played Kenny Powers & Walter Goggins. ****ing hilarious. 

The Deuce was VERY good. Sleazy, but great. It's pretty much what I would envision New York circa 1972 being. I've now got a crush on Abby. 

Vice Principals was hilarious. it's a shame it's only a two season show. It's very dark funny which is excellent when done correctly. I wish they wouldn't have intended for it to be that way. Could definitely use a few more seasons. 

Just watched the latest Lucifer, and it's one HELL of an episode. You do need to be somewhat familiar with the Season Two story arc. But it's some really fantastic storytelling, there. I can't remember the last time I saw a story that good. 

Just finished "The Deuce".. Definitely grew on me! Interesting story, little pervy feeling, some cheesy wigs on (male) actors, but overall good show! Not sure they needed 2x James Franco, but whateves.. Will be looking forward to season 2!

Think Im gonna start "Im dying up here" next.. Heard it's not a comedy, but hoping it has a good story to tell? Any opinions?

5 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Think Im gonna start "Im dying up here" next.. Heard it's not a comedy, but hoping it has a good story to tell? Any opinions?

Let us know what you think if you watch it.  I was interested when hearing that Jim Carrey produced it, but didn't watch. Show got mixed reviews.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

3 episodes in on "Im dying up here".  It's not bad. Kinda slow to develop, not really any 1 (or favorite) character to latch onto yet.. Definitely not a comedy. More of a docu/drama about the struggles of being a stand up comic back in the 70's. Centers around a comedy club, it's owner and her cast of up and coming comics. I'll keep watching!

On 8/27/2014 at 9:57 AM, youngchew said:

Idiot Abroad is awesome.  Gervais tortures that poor dude LOL

I'm 3 years late.

But this is great.

And I accidentally stumbled upon it, while searching to see if "Locked Up Abroad" had any new productions or series.

In the process I discovered another really good show with the "abroad" keyword : "Bad Trips Abroad"

• Like 1

Just saw the Punisher trailer on Netflix, looks good.   

Also noticed that there's a second season of Shannara Chronicles running now. 

Not sure if I want to check it out, since the first season while entertaining and cool at times, was kind of crappy in a lot ways.  

Edited by visionary

Watching this show on Netflix called Shot in the Dark.  It's pretty interesting, about stringers in LA.  A stringer is a freelance news videographer.  Basically if you ever saw that movie Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhaal, that's what a stringer is.  Unlike Louis Bloom, these guys seem pretty cool and relatively normal.

Anyway, there are three different ones in different stages in their careers.  One owns the largest company in LA, one has a smaller but pretty competitive company and one is barely hanging on.  They all know each other which makes for some good competition as they race around LA at night and cover crime stories, accidents, etc.   It's really well shot and produced.  Gets a bit repetitive but it's good.  

Just now, Dan T. said:

I'm 3 in...it's been a good run so far. A bit of a slow build at first but well worth it.  Jeff Daniels has been fantastic.

I don’t mind slow-as long as I think the storytelling isn’t hackneyed. There’s some great dialogue that’s up there with the best GoT dialogue, so far.