Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Started watching Bosch on Amazon the past couple of days and we started binging it tonight.  Pretty good so far and hard to stop watching.

Been watching some mystery shows on Amazon when my parents are over too.  We've gone through Whitechapel, Brokenwood Mysteries, Grantchester, Winter, and my parents have been watching Vera when they're on their own.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 12:32 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Anyone here catch the premiere of "Orville" last Sunday?  I saw enough. to make me want to see; where the show goes.

Just streamed the premiere of The Orville, via Hulu.  

I really liked it.  I was prepared not to, if it was purely a Trek parody.  But, while I think it does take some shots, I think it's also a pretty good tribute to my beloved Trek, too.  

Yeah, some of the humor is cheesy and juvenile.  But then, I don;t have a problem with cheesy.  I watch television to be entertained.  And this show achieved that goal.  

I think some of the effects come off as cheesy, too.  (I'm pretty sure that they're actually using CGI for the ship's corridors, rather than having an actual set.)  But then, I remember William Shatner wrestling with a guy in a rubber dinosaur suit, too.  

• Like 3

On 9/16/2017 at 10:33 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Bosch is very binagble. Every year I kill the episodes the weekend it's realeased.

Y'all should check American Vandal. The premise of the show is pretty dumb (a mystery to find out who drew a bunch of dicks) but it's surprisingly a good watch.

Trailer probably not work safe.

Beat me to it, watched the first few episodes of the mock-umentary/story.  Silly as hell but had me laughing.

38 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

what are the best shows on Amazon? (ie not on netflix)       

all of theirs.. not just the current runs

Transparent. Sitting at 98%, Transparent is the highest rated Amazon show on Rottentomatoes.  Jeffrey Tambor has won an Emmy, a Golden Globe, and a Critics Choice award for his performance.  Acting, writing, directing are all top notch.  Only Amazon show that comes close to being as good as Transparent is The Man in the High Castle.

It makes me sad that so many of my real life and internet friends love top quality television, yet hardly any of them have even heard of Transparent. :(  

It's considered to be the #1 Amazon original series on multiple "Top 10" lists.  

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/amazon-original-series/

http://uproxx.com/tv/best-amazon-prime-original-series-right-now-ranked/5/

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazons-best-original-shows-2017-5/#no-1-transparent-92100-20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

This series that i am seeing plugged everywhere on Starz (Outlander) seems close to right down my alley. 

Been trying to avoid the commercial previews for spoiler purposes.

The few episodes I watched of it were pretty good.  I think this is one of the shows that @youngchew raves about.   On Starz, wife and I enjoy Power and I really like Survivor's Remorse.  

As for Amazon stuff, I like Bosch and I like the books too.  Titus Welliver delivers in that role. 

Man in the High Castle is great.

Not a big fan of Transparent, I think it's just Modern Family or Arrested Development (neither of which I'm big fans of either) with different actors.  Same kind of humor anyway and it's not my thing.  

Goliath and Sneaky Pete are both good shows, I hope to see more seasons of them. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This series that i am seeing plugged everywhere on Starz (Outlander) seems close to right down my alley. 

43 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The few episodes I watched of it were pretty good.  I think this is one of the shows that @youngchew raves about.   

Outlander is awesome.  Highly recommend.  It's like Game of Thrones but in the 1600s.  Graphic violence, graphic nudity, drama, and foul language.  Oh, and a time traveling nurse who use to be a Victoria's Secret model.  

Power is great too.  Tazinski, hip me to Survivor's Remorse.  It looked corny to me but if it's gone so many seasons it must be decent?

53 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Outlander is awesome.  Highly recommend.  It's like Game of Thrones but in the 1600s.  Graphic violence, graphic nudity, drama, and foul language.  Oh, and a time traveling nurse who use to be a Victoria's Secret model.  

Power is great too.  Tazinski, hip me to Survivor's Remorse.  It looked corny to me but if it's gone so many seasons it must be decent?

It's kinda silly, but each episode is only 30 minutes.  Basically about a kid from a bad neighborhood in Boston becoming an NBA star and signing a max contract with Atlanta and moving his family (mother, sister, uncle, cousin - his manager and his wife) with him.  They touch on some serious topics at times, but lots of humor, foul language, etc.  

It's not the best show by any means.  But with Mike Eps in it, it grew on me real quick.  I enjoy it though, usually get a good laugh every episode.   I got hooked after a few episodes in and the seasons are all short too, season 1 = 6 ep, seasons 2 & 3 = 10 ep.  So it goes by really fast with each episode only being 30 mins.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1