Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

• 2 weeks later...

"Brockmire" is the funniest damn show i have seen in a long time.

Hank Azaria is hilarious, his delivery is perfect.

It's on IFC and can be picked up On Demand. (if you haven't heard about it, it's about a baseball broadcaster trying to put his life back together after the most epic on air meltdown of all time.)

Highest recommendation. If u can make it through the first episode without major belly laughs, see a doctor.  You might be broken

~Bang

• Like 1

Saw the first few episodes of Travelers yesterday on Netflix and it was prettty good so far.  

I'm somewhat enjoying Iron Fist also though it is rather silly at times and the main character seems kind of oblivious to a lot of stuff. Still fun to watch, but it definitely has some flaws.

Edited by visionary

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

Saw the first few episodes of Travelers yesterday on Netflix and it was prettty good so far.  

I'm somewhat enjoying Iron Fist also though it is rather silly at times and the main character seems kind of oblivious to a lot of stuff. Still fun to watch, but it definitely has some flaws.

I started Travelers a while back and I like it a lot, need to pick it back up and finish it.  Just started watching Luke Cage today, finished the first episode, loving it so far.

Whre do I find "into the badlands"?
Need a new series to jump into. i started watching Jessica Jones.. first episode is pretty nifty, visually it's very cool. Light and color work well.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Need a new series to jump into. i started watching Jessica Jones.. first episode is pretty nifty, visually it's very cool. Light and color work well.

~Bang

My wife loves Jessica Jones, said it took a few episodes to get into it.  I skipped it for now, started watching Luke Cage, it's pretty damn good.

i think Into the Badlands is on Hulu.

edit:  its on Netflix @Bang  season 1 only

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Thanks!

ok. off topic, but i can't think of a better group to ask.

I want to cut cable.

I figure if i keep the basic comcast pkg, i will get my local channels, MASN for my baseball, CSN, with internet and the phone my wife needs I can cut to about 90 bucks.. rock bottom

I  have Netflix, and i have Amazon.

It looks to me like if i get a Roku and Sling, i could get pretty much all my sports and a great selection of original programming and movies.

Doing this should get my bill down to less than 150 per month, which is more than 100 bucks off what i pay now.

Any better ideas? (I don't want jail break stuff.)

A couple drawbacks. my wife REALLY likes the Tennis channel and the only way i can seem o get it is by buying 600 channels and tiers on comcast that i don't want. AND no DVR. Any ideas?

It also looks like on Sling i can upgrade in the fall and get Red Zone, correct?

~Bang

10 hours ago, visionary said:

The new MST3K is on Netflix now.

Huge mst3k fan here. Overall impression after watching the first three episodes: meh... it's going to take a while getting used to the new voices, and the riffing is ok. Perhaps I just miss the old writers. 

5 hours ago, Bang said:

~Bang

Jessica Jones is awesome. Sort of deviates from sop superhero behavior and plotline, which i thought was well done.

Into The Badlands is a bloody martial arts/mysticism and adventure sort of show, on AMC, that comes on Sundays at '10, I believe.

I watched the first season on Netflix, which was the standard 6 episodes, and i have been catching Season 2 which started a little over a month ago on On Demand (I have Comcast/Xfinity). Im almost caught up to where i can catch all the other episodes live.