Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is going to happen in Washington and Colorado with the legalization of marijuana?

Skinz4Life12

Basically the US government know that citizens would be against it, so they keep it quiet and just break in and steal everything and don't even make arrests. The Government is acting like hitmen now.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/why-dea-trying-cover-agencys-medical-marijuana-raids

"As with dozens of other DEA raids on medical marijuana businesses, no one was arrested at either dispensary, yet all documentation concerning the raid--the warrant, inventory of seized assets, and the incident report--were sealed by court order at the DEA and respective U.S. Attorney's request.

This is all part of a strategy that dates back to at least 2009. It goes like this: With permission from the U.S. Attorney's office, the DEA raids a dispensary, seizing marijuana but also cash and electronics; it makes no arrests, but asks a judge to seal every document pertaining to the operation and refuses to talk about it with the press. This has two effects: It implies that an investigation is ongoing (even if it's not); more perniciously, it makes it difficult to learn where and how often these raids are happening. "

i'm not familiar with the topic but have there been tons of smokers suing cigarette companies? if so, have they been winning?

They are always suing. They won to the tune of $300 billion (yes with a B) back in the 90s, (Which was supposed to end these suits) but they have never stopped suing. It was the biggest transfer of wealth from the poor (who smoke more) to the rich in US history (The companies passed the cost on to their customers, that is how John Edwards made his fortune).

There shouldn't be a federal law like this, it should be a state law only. But it is a law, and therefore should be enforced. If the President has the right to say which laws will not be enforced, than he has too much power. The right thing to do here is to fight to remove the federal law, so states can decide on their own. But I don't think Obama is brave enough to tackle that, even in his second term.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/legal-battle-looms-over-marijuana-initiatives/2012/11/07/cce5033e-28f5-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html?hpid=z4

Legal battle looms over marijuana initiatives

The approval of ballot initiatives legalizing recreational marijuana use in Washington state and Colorado on Tuesday could set the stage for a significant legal battle with the Justice Department, one that may bring fresh scrutiny to federal drug policy.

On Wednesday, the Justice Department said it was reviewing the initiatives but would not comment further on how it would respond to the first attempt by any state to legalize marijuana for reasons other than medicinal purposes. A spokeswoman for the Drug Enforcement Agency said that its “enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act remains unchanged.”

Click for link

but but but, Obama sent a memo saying he wouldnt do that!

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 02:02 PM ----------

No I just did the patronizing response a second ago, that one was just a normal, "pull your head out of the sand and see reality" response

Thank you again for your 2nd and 3rd patronizing, asshat responses :)

Maybe you should live in a state that has legalalized medicinal marijuana and be involved directly with the dispensaries before you spout off like you even know what you're talking about vs. creating your answers from pro-marijuana blogosphere "facts."

But hey, by all means, continue your response pattern...the more you talk the more you prove your point: some people do have their head in the sand :)

I'm waiting on further clarification. How much you can grow at a time, how much product you can maintain on hand. A lot of questions.

More the point, I am pre approved for up to 85,000. I'll pay that off in months. Part time. If my business model plays out at 70% optimal, I'll be a millionaire in 3 years.

Pre-congratulations on your entry into the 1% and the Big Pot interests.

Thank you again for your 2nd and 3rd patronizing, asshat responses :)

Maybe you should live in a state that has legalalized medicinal marijuana and be involved directly with the dispensaries before you spout off like you even know what you're talking about vs. creating your answers from pro-marijuana blogosphere "facts."

But hey, by all means, continue your response pattern...the more you talk the more you prove your point: some people do have their head in the sand :)

so precisely what "facts" have I gotten wrong here? (with links please)

Be specific, not angry. I know its hard to be incorrect, and harder to admit it, but that small courage goes miles in earning respect. Conversely, holding desperately to a point that has been proven incorrect is weak and lame.

so precisely what "facts" have I gotten wrong here? (with links please)

Be specific, not angry. I know its hard to be incorrect, and harder to admit it, but that small courage goes miles in earning respect. Conversely, holding desperately to a point that has been proven incorrect is weak and lame.

Yeah, I don't feel the overwhelming need to earn respect from people like you. Speaking of respect, it is universal truth that respect is not gained by employing a snarky underlying tone in a debate. If you want people to actually take you seriously and spend their time getting involved in a legitimate debate with you, the first step is to cut out the jackass tone.

As a result of my lack of respect for your "debating skills" in addition to time constraints, I don't feel it necessary to waste my time running a lit search for links when you aren't open to a reasonable debate anyway. Based on your historical posting pattern on this site, it's very evident that you enjoy playing the antagonistic and patronizing role on an internet message board more often than you do involving yourself in a thoughtful debate.

I'm comfortable with my knowledge regarding this subject as it's a something I actually deal with (not Google search about or read blogs regarding) every day from a law enforcement perspective. :)

Yeah, I don't feel the overwhelming need to earn respect from people like you. Speaking of respect, it is universal truth that respect is not gained by employing a snarky underlying tone in a debate. If you want people to actually take you seriously and spend their time getting involved in a legitimate debate with you, the first step is to cut out the jackass tone.

As a result of my lack of respect for your "debating skills" in addition to time constraints, I don't feel it necessary to waste my time running a lit search for links when you aren't open to a reasonable debate anyway. Based on your historical posting pattern on this site, it's very evident that you enjoy playing the antagonistic and patronizing role on an internet message board more often than you do involving yourself in a thoughtful debate.

I'm comfortable with my knowledge regarding this subject as it's a something I actually deal with (not Google search about or read blogs regarding) every day from a law enforcement perspective. :)

I see you cant actually prove your point and that I was correct. I figured as much. BTW, I really couldnt give two craps over your opinion of my debating skills. You lost regardless.

I'll give ya another chance to stop looking silly though, go ahead and post precisely what facts I have gotten wrong. (thats the question you just avoided in your fear of being seen to have been wrong)

Pre-congratulations on your entry into the 1% and the Big Pot interests.

Thanks!

Don't count my chickens yet. I have 0 experience with marijuana. I have a great bit of knowledge of hydroponic systems, growing other crops, and even tabacco drying techniques. Just have to get someone to teach me the ins and outs of growing this new style of plant.

So will MJ be treated the same way alcohol is in vehicles? Half smoked joint = open container?

I'm not sure. I'm not even sure it won't be overturned. I just see an opportunity and want to capitolize.

I've never smoked the stuff and don't plan to. "Don't get high on your own supply"

People have been begging Holder and Obama to do something to stop this for a while, and they refuse to do it. I honestly believe they, like many others, are going to look to see how Washington and Colorado handle this. If it works, you will see other states follow suit to help build a blueprint for a federal plan. Remember, the Colorado laws are even more lax then that in the Netherlands. This has huge global implications if this works, which I believe it will...

Colorado is already a hotbed, a lot of the weed around here is shipped from that state. This will be like firework smuggling on a much grander scale. Colorado will be the heart, the interstates will be the arteries. Weed is relatively easy to find around here, but you always run in to those days where everyone seems to be laying low/dry. This will obviously make weed even easier to get. Colorado is going to be 'the China of the US', gobbling up the country's money.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, although I wonder what the real motivation is with this.

The states can generate a lot of revenue with legal marijuana, but there is a lot of politically influential groups who stand to lose (e.g the for-profit prison system, drug companies, and law enforcement agencies).

Not much talk about the WA state action in this thread, but it passed by a wider margin than most any other matter up for vote (10% at this time), and the LEO and judicial community in western WA seemed notably more pro passage (including big guns). I think it's always interesting and relevant to see which side that group comes down on, in a majority manner, in any region. The main deal now is wondering how the feds will take it (and what they may do) and the surprise that it passed here before in OR. Most folk in this region thought OR would go first.

Legit question, but I don't know how to phrase it without it sounding like a clown question.

Are there somehow "regulations" (I seriously don't know what word to use for this) for how much/when you can smoke? Like people who are responsible for kids or driving somewhere or going to work? Can everyone smoke as much as they want and carry on doin what they're doin cause there's no concrete way to prove it?

Edit: Don't get pissy with me and tell me you're a responsible stoner and function better when you're high. I'm talking about the irresponsible ones :)

The feds are going to be incensed and crack down, even though Holder claimed he wouldn't multiple times

Just make it a states issue already

Why does marijuana have to be federally enforced

Can we change that...listen, some people advocate you put anything into your body. Heroin, crack, whatever. I'm not one of those people who say government has no right to stop you from doing drugs and overdosing. There are many dangerous drugs out there that rightfully deserve to be illegal.

Marijuana is not one of them. Marijuana has always been the "odd man out" in the litany of illegal drugs, given a bad rap as a "gateway drug" as we were all lied to in high school.

There are many more dangerous substances that are actually harmful than marijuana. In fact, alcohol is more harmful than marijuana, yet it remains legal and controlled.

Legit question, but I don't know how to phrase it without it sounding like a clown question.

Are there somehow "regulations" (I seriously don't know what word to use for this) for how much/when you can smoke? Like people who are responsible for kids or driving somewhere or going to work? Can everyone smoke as much as they want and carry on doin what they're doin cause there's no concrete way to prove it?

Edit: Don't get pissy with me and tell me you're a responsible stoner and function better when you're high. I'm talking about the irresponsible ones :)

There will still be DUI and other laws enforced(which means the courts/jails will still have stoners),as well as some companies drug testing

Ixuincle...Bourbon is good for you....it's made from vegetables :)

There will still be DUI and other laws enforced(which means the courts/jails will still have stoners),as well as some companies drug testing

Ixuincle...Bourbon is good for you....it's made from vegetables :)

I guess I meant "how" can they prove anything? Couldn't people just be like...yeah I smoked three weeks ago that's why it's in my system?

Bourbon, yum. You think since people can legally grow plants, people can now distill their own beverages? :)

I guess I meant "how" can they prove anything? Couldn't people just be like...yeah I smoked three weeks ago that's why it's in my system?

Bourbon, yum. You think since people can legally grow plants, people can now distill their own beverages? :)

The tests can determine a timespan

http://www.shouselaw.com/dui-marijuana.html#prove

In order to prove that you were DUI marijuana in California, the prosecutor typically relies on the following:

Your driving pattern,

Your physical appearance,

Your performance on the Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs), and

A chemical test revealing marijuana in your bloodstream.

Numbers 1-3 will be introduced through testimony from the arresting officer and the Drug Recognition Evaluator (DRE). Number four will be presented through the testimony of a criminalist from your local law enforcement agency’s crime lab.

Archived