Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's a great trailer. Almost like a Rocky 3/4 hybrid. I had heard rumors that he was going to be fighting Drago's son which seemed like it could be really cool or really bad. Then that final reveal in the trailer is perfect. Still, if the guy is not a complete Russian asshole tool it kinda ruins it. He can't just be a boxer that happens to be the son of Drago yet we all know why it's personal to Creed. 

I think the first Creed is fairly overrated but I'm in for this one. 

Oh man, I don't think that first movie was overrated at all. The plot was acceptable, but I thought the acting was incredible. I'm a huge MBJ fan though...ever since he played Vince on Friday Night Lights. This definitely looks great and I'm with you...I hope Drago, Jr. is an asshole/badass. 

BTW, I love this next generation of 80s movies that I'm devouring lately...between Creed, Kobra Kai, and the Star Wars sequels I get to re-live a fun time in my life. That's not even counting some shows that callback to that time period without being actual re-makes or sequels (Stranger Things, for example). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Time to get Edward Furlong some more methodone.

Not sure I've ever seen somebody fall off harder.  Drugs are bad.  :( 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Interesting. Who is playing John? 

Cast info is still fuzzy....but Diego Boneta is my guess?  Gabriel Luna is the terminator.  Mackenzie Davis' sexy ass is in it.  :)  And of course Arnold and Linda are back. 

This is the most excited I've been about a movie in a long time.  T2 is my favorite movie of all-time, and seeing it in theaters with my dad is one of the fondest memories of my childhood. 

I was bummed to see Cameron is only the executive producer and not directing it...though I would imagine he's busy with Avatar 2 & 3.  Tim Miller did Deadpool 1, which was great.  But his credits as a director fall off a cliff after that.  If they get this wrong, if they **** up the sequel to T2 that we've all been dreaming about for over 25 years, I'm going to die of a broken heart. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chew said:

Cast info is still fuzzy....but Diego Boneta is my guess?  Gabriel Luna is the terminator.  Mackenzie Davis' sexy ass is in it.  :)  And of course Arnold and Linda are back. 

Mackenzie Davis - interesting take. I've seen Black Mirror and a couple seasons of Halt and Catch Fire...I'm not sure I'm a fan. I mean, I think she's talented and all that but something about her makes her NOT sexy or attractive to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Mackenzie Davis - interesting take. I've seen Black Mirror and a couple seasons of Halt and Catch Fire...I'm not sure I'm a fan. I mean, I think she's talented and all that but something about her makes her NOT sexy or attractive to me. 

I hear you.  Yeah I think she's a great actress, loved her in just about everything she's been in.  And you're right, she's not drop dead gorgeous...but I've always found her attractive.  She's got that "babysitter you had a crush on when you were 11" vibe to her. 

4 minutes ago, Chew said:

I hear you.  Yeah I think she's a great actress, loved her in just about everything she's been in.  And you're right, she's not drop dead gorgeous...but I've always found her attractive.  She's got that "babysitter you had a crush on when you were 11" vibe to her. 

I could see that - her voice is odd to me...almost a little manly. 

On 6/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, Chew said:

I had to come back and admit I was wrong. I've gotten deeper into Halt and Catch Fire and she is absolutely growing on me from a looks standpoint. A+ take, @Chew

• Like 1

If Terminator is going to continue on, it needs to do so without Arnold. I have not watched Genisys for the same reason. I put all my eggs in the Bale/Salvation basket, and for them to nuke it, and go back to this weird old ass Arnold fest is disappointing.

Giving people what they want (by theory) isn't always a good thing. The fact that the major American film industry seems to be doing nothing but that these is just sad

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 1:51 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

If Terminator is going to continue on, it needs to do so without Arnold. I have not watched Genisys for the same reason. I put all my eggs in the Bale/Salvation basket, and for them to nuke it, and go back to this weird old ass Arnold fest is disappointing.

Giving people what they want (by theory) isn't always a good thing. The fact that the major American film industry seems to be doing nothing but that these is just sad

Maaan, I want to like Salvation so bad, but you are right, they screwed that up.  I'd like to see them try the future again, but agree, withOUT Arnold.  Enough all ready, hack another robot.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, Chew said:

Not sure I've ever seen somebody fall off harder.  Drugs are bad.  :( 

This is the most excited I've been about a movie in a long time.  T2 is my favorite movie of all-time, and seeing it in theaters with my dad is one of the fondest memories of my childhood. 

I was bummed to see Cameron is only the executive producer and not directing it...though I would imagine he's busy with Avatar 2 & 3.  Tim Miller did Deadpool 1, which was great.  But his credits as a director fall off a cliff after that.  If they get this wrong, if they **** up the sequel to T2 that we've all been dreaming about for over 25 years, I'm going to die of a broken heart. 

On 6/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, Chew said:

Man...I wish I could get into this, but I just can't.  Totally hear you on T2 being one of the best movies ever, definitely one of my all time favorites.  Still looks awesome after all these years.  

But sequels that come out way after the original just never work.  I can't think of one off the top of my head that does, though I am sure some of you might be able to.  

Maybe they can get the band back together for one more night but I just don't see it, especially with an old ass Arnold.  I like that Cameron is involved.  Kinda curious to see old Sarah Connor.  

It's just a rule, sequels that come out way later just never work.  But I'm a hypocrite, I can't wait to see Top Gun 2.  I'll probably end up seeing this as well.  Curiosity kills the cat.

Co-sign on Mackenzie Davis.  She's fantastic, love her in Halt and Catch Fire.  That show is underrated.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

80's period piece with awesome synthesizer music, I AM THERE.

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/summer-of-84/

Hech yeah!  Give me 80s and synth!. I just listened to Synthwave on my drive in this morning like 10 mins ago and I'm friggin' pumped up.  Let's go!

Looks like Stranger Things and 13 Reasons had a le baby.  Keep milking the 80s, Hollywood.  I love it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

YES

I loved the reboot in 2014 and I enjoyed Skull Island. This was looks much darker and it seems as if pretty much every "monster" is in it. I hope they don't over do it with constant fight scenes.