Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

With Game of Thrones coming Sunday, some more nerd updates: 

Spielberg is directing this movie! I have no idea how this book became a live-action movie so quickly; let alone got Spielberg as the director. If you aren't familiar with the book, this movie will be like a sequel to Pixels. It'll come out sometime in 2018 but I believe filming is already done. They were originally going for a late 2017 release but they pushed it back because of the new Star Wars coming out. 

The story has pretty much every nerd reference from the 1980s: computer games, animations, movies, D&D, etc. Having Spielberg on board though completely changes things because he himself probably owns half the copyright licenses needed to tell the story. 

• Like 2

Oats and Blomkamp.  Dakota Fanning.  "Zygote."  Apparently it's being released in volumes on Youtube.  Volume One just dropped a few days ago.  I'm going to wait until the whole thing is out before watching.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2017 at 11:05 AM, youngchew said:

Oats and Blomkamp.  Dakota Fanning.  "Zygote."  Apparently it's being released in volumes on Youtube.  Volume One just dropped a few days ago.  I'm going to wait until the whole thing is out before watching.

The full 23 minutes is out now.  It's creeeeeeeepy.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hell yeah! 

Hey @youngchew, the music is ON POINT.

Love the music, and the trailer.  Is Bladerunner going to be the best movie of 2017?  Sure looks it, though Dunkirk is crushing it so far.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Dunkirk is getting ridiculously great reviews all over the place -- IGN gives it a 9.5 out of 10. Shaping up to be a huge year

for movies -- WW, Baby Driver, Spiderman HC and now Dunkirk. Bodes well for a certain film in December :D 

• Like 2

I hated Dawn of the Planet of the Apes so much I can't get myself to see War. (Same thing with Guardians of the Galaxy --

I thought the first one was massively overrated to the point that I refused to see the sequel). I know War is probably a good movie,

but I was scarred by Dawn -- what an atrocious movie that went on seemingly forever. 

Dunkirk is looking like the real McCoy though.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keith Huddleston said:

(Same thing with Guardians of the Galaxy --I thought the first one was massively overrated to the point that I refused to see the sequel). 

Dude?!  You just hurt my feelings.  Like, legit.  :kickcan:

You need to check out the sequel!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
So he's remaking the Keaton Batman.

Exactly what i was thinking LOL.  A Scorsese remake of TB's Batman.....good chance it'll be better than the rest of the trash DC has been putting out lately, other than WW.  

Anyone here get MoviePass? I don't really watch movies in the theaters but the deal sounded too good. You pay 10 bucks a month and you get to see 1 movie a day at participating locations. It seems like they give you a debit card you use at movie theaters to pay for tickets. It would def pay for itself with one viewing.