Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

On 8/23/2017 at 10:32 AM, FanboyOf91 said:

So he's remaking the Keaton Batman.

Oh boy, I thought part of the mystic of Joker was that its not truly clear what his real origins were.  Not sure how I feel about this, how grounded are they trying to shoot for, he's a comic book character for crying out loud.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 3:58 PM, Renegade7 said:

Oh boy, I thought part of the mystic of Joker was that its not truly clear what his real origins were.  Not sure how I feel about this, how grounded are they trying to shoot for, he's a comic book character for crying out loud.

Actually DC Comics did put out an origin story comic for him awhile back (The Killing Joke).

I agree though that what people love about his character is the mystery and unpredictability that surrounds him, which is probably why no one really explored that plot until DC made a pretty twisted animated film with the same name a year or two ago.

• 2 weeks later...

And it's rated R, which is yuge for me.  Jackie's finally gone dark.  Who doesn't love all of JC's classics going back to the 80s?!  He's a martial arts legend, known for mixing unbelievable stunts and karate moves with PG comedy.  But this movie looks ultra violent and very serious, which is out of the norm for Jackie.  Really excited for it.  ;)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngchew said:

And it's rated R, which is yuge for me.  Jackie's finally gone dark.  Who doesn't love all of JC's classics going back to the 80s?!  He's a martial arts legend, known for mixing unbelievable stunts and karate moves with PG comedy.  But this movie looks ultra violent and very serious, which is out of the norm for Jackie.  Really excited for it.  ;)  

That's what I said to my wife - great to see him going for a serious action movie.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 3:24 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Anyone here get MoviePass? I don't really watch movies in the theaters but the deal sounded too good. You pay 10 bucks a month and you get to see 1 movie a day at participating locations. It seems like they give you a debit card you use at movie theaters to pay for tickets. It would def pay for itself with one viewing.

This thing is the truth. Took me forever to get a card but works as advertised. Gonna try to catch a movie on all the days I'm off. It's already at 75% of paying itself off. It seems you can use it at almost any theater too.

On 10/22/2017 at 9:11 PM, Cooked Crack said:

This thing is the truth. Took me forever to get a card but works as advertised. Gonna try to catch a movie on all the days I'm off. It's already at 75% of paying itself off. It seems you can use it at almost any theater too.

How is it only 75% paid off? It’s $10 a month. One movie should pay itself off right? 

Mine csme yesterday. Apparently they had a massive backlog and literally ran out of card stock to make the cards so they recently got a huge ass shipment and sent them all. 

I might be going to the movies 4x a week now. I might as well just become a damn movie critic and get paid for it lol

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How is it only 75% paid off? It’s $10 a month. One movie should pay itself off right? 

Mine csme yesterday. Apparently they had a massive backlog and literally ran out of card stock to make the cards so they recently got a huge ass shipment and sent them all. 

I might be going to the movies 4x a week now. I might as well just become a damn movie critic and get paid for it lol

Caught a matinee. I was going to go 3x this week but will only be able to do 2x. So far I'm only 2 movies in. Gonna probably just reserve it for my off days. I'll probably start walking out of movies now knowing I don't have to stay cause I dropped 10 dollars on it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2018 is looking tough so far :headbang:

Infinity War

Black Panther

Han Solo (fingers crossed)
Deadpool 2

Jurassic World

Incredibles 2

Soldado (Sicario sequel, OMG!!)

Predator reboot (fingers crossed)

Ant-Man & Wasp

Pacific Rim 2

Tomb Raider

MI6

Annihilation

Fantastic Beasts 2

Ocean's Eight (all female cast Oceans 11 reboot)

Equalizer 2

Wreck it Ralph 2

Captive State

Inversion

Fighting with my Family

Isle of Dogs

Scarface reboot (sounds like it could be trash, but I trust Diego Luna)

Mary Queen of Scots

Red Sparrow (Oscar watch)

The Outsider (Oscar watch)

And a dozen or so more indie joints that are getting a lot of hype.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Jurassic World trailer is butt.

For the love of God, get the dinosaurs off the damn island already!!!  I'm tired of going back to the same damn islands over and over again, its old!

Edited by Renegade7

On 9/23/2017 at 4:39 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Actually DC Comics did put out an origin story comic for him awhile back (The Killing Joke).

I'm a few months late I see... The Killing Joke only expanded on the Joker's origin story. It's been out there since the 50s or 60s.

The Killing Joke is pretty morbid. Joker gives acid to Commissioner Gordon and sexually assaults his daughter (Batgirl).