Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Have you guys taken a good look at the lineup for 2017?!  It could be historic.  There are a ton of heavy hitters coming out next year, box office bullies.  A bunch of sequels/reboots, but also a lot of new or stand-alone movies that I've never heard that look interesting.  Summer 2017 is going to be a monster at the box office!

Here's to hoping 2017 goes hard after a relatively disappointing 2016 overall.  There were very few movies in 2016 that you can really say "wow, that blew my friggin' socks off."  Outside of animated movies which killed it this year (Moana, Dory, Jungle Book), there were more busts than anything this year.   Going through the list of 2016 movies, only a few will stay with me 10 years from now.  Deadpool, Hell or High Water, Sing Street, The Nice Guys, Hunt For the Wilderpeople, Manchester By The Sea, Moonlight.  Maybe Arrival.  There were lot of "good movies," but not many memorable ones.  A lot of disappointments.  Bourne was meh, Suicide Squad was butthole.  BMvSM sucked.  I know we've still got Rogue One, Passengers, Miss Sloane, Lala Land, and Fences.  But 2016 won't be remembered 10-20 years from now as being a great year for Hollywood.

For the love of god, look at the 2017 lineup:  http://www.imdb.com/list/ls058409670/ .  And really scroll down through all 100, because there are movies in the 50s and 60s that I am dying to see!  And this list doesn't even cover all the indie gems.

2017, let's ****ing go!

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

1) I have loved the Rise and Dawn Apes movies. Such a fresh surprise they both were. War looks to be more action focused  as the culmination of the trilogy and arc but I hope it still pulls those emotional punches the first two had that made thems special. 

2) I have no interest in Transformers really outside of loving the first one but if Optimus Prime goes evil and kills BumbleBee, **** it, I'm done and out completely. Not even wahlberger can make me watch it

On 12/10/2016 at 2:58 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno why,  I feel like I should hate Fast N Furious but I can't help that I love that **** so much.  That trailer up there was so self important and dumb but I still don't care.  I can't wait to see that.

Agree, it's not high brow cinema, art or even quality filmmaking but they do exactly what you expect them to do and are Entertaining on multiple levels with unintentional comedy. Sign me up

17 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

So sick and tired of these Spider-Boy movies.  Will we ever have a legit spider-man movie with Carnage or Venom done right?

Think we will get Venom soon but can't leadoff with that. They are skipping the origin completely which I love. Marvel is going to do Spidey right. 

I greatly enjoyed TASM movies and wish we could have seen what happened next in that series but I think Homecoming will surpass all other Spidey films and be among, if not the, best Marvel movie 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Think we will get Venom soon but can't leadoff with that. They are skipping the origin completely which I love. Marvel is going to do Spidey right. 

I greatly enjoyed TASM movies and wish we could have seen what happened next in that series but I think Homecoming will surpass all other Spidey films and be among, if not the, best Marvel movie 

I hear ya, but I'm not sold on this being better then Spiderman 2 if their going to have the Vulture as the main villian.  I believe Spiderman 3 made us forget how good the one before it really was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I hear ya, but I'm not sold on this being better then Spiderman 2 if their going to have the Vulture as the main villian.  I believe Spiderman 3 made us forget how good the one before it really was.

That's true Spiderman 2 was great but I think the vulture will be a quality villain. He's fresh and can combat Spiderman aerially in a way that others couldn't, even Goblin. They can go some good stuff with him.  

Disney will do Spidey right. As far as villains and story. I could see them borrowing the Symbiote story from secret wars and using it in the Avengers Infinity War movie. Then in a future movie is where he wants to get rid of the suit after learning its an alien.....and there is your Villain story. Clean. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Villeneuve is the man.  Gonna be the best flick of 2017.  

Yeah he is.  I've seen everything from Prisoners on and found Incendies on the internet a few years back.  Never seen his earlier stuff but I assume it's good.