Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

7 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Color me skeptical but I simply do not believe this will be as dimple as they are all pretending.

I don’t buy that NK denuclearizes, and I don’t buy that Kim Jung Un gives away his ONLY international bargaining chip.

Exactly. 

Raise your our hand if you believe that THIS time they really mean it.  

Ask GHWB,Clinton,W and O about it.  Each of them got similar if not exact promises.   It’s bull****. 

The only difference is now we have a moron in charge who might do something crazy when he finds out he’s been duped 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/19/2018 at 8:17 AM, Zguy28 said:

Do we really want to even attempt to negotiate with a despot who fed his uncle to starving dogs?

I agree with you in theory, but I think the toothpaste is outta the tube on sketchy world leaders we'll engage with. 

China wouldn't defend them if they did that.  China loves the American economy and access to western markets.  Supporting the assassination of the US President is a fast track to infinite sanctions from all of NATO.

The depression they'd experience would be huge.

Russia might, but even there, the sanctions would be instant and total.  Russia's money is all invested throughout the west.  It would be the end of them in the international community.

They can gain so much more by not killing Trump.

He's an idiot. He's in a game that the NKs and chinese and Russians have been playing for 100 years, and he hasn't got any idea how it's done. He has no diplomats, no negotiators. The Russians Already own him, now is the time that all despots can get what they want from us.

So it comes out they are willing to decommission a site that is damaged.

Wow.. sort of like when i was a little kid who wanted to bully my sister, and i'd give her back whatever i took after it broke. 

They won't need to fire a shot..  until maybe afterwards, once Trump figures out he's been taken and made to look like a fool. they have this moron right whwere they want him.. unbalanced and naked, expecting advice and diplomatic skill from his ****ing daughter and dip**** son in law.

What a joke.

~Bang

19 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

China wouldn't defend them if they did that.  China loves the American economy and access to western markets.  Supporting the assassination of the US President is a fast track to infinite sanctions from all of NATO.

The depression they'd experience would be huge.

Russia might, but even there, the sanctions would be instant and total.  Russia's money is all invested throughout the west.  It would be the end of them in the international community.

The economic effect of another world war is a big one to me.  No matter who wins, we all lose if we start carpet bombing cities again, it took forever to rebuild the economies of multiple world powers (that has to be a major lesson from that conflict). NK wiping out the 11th largest economy in the world is a big deal.  China has more to lose from a global depression then Russia, Russia stands more to gain from any sort of Treaty of Versailles from a galvanization standpoint (yes, that was after WW1, but I think ya'll get my point on that one).

Edited by Renegade7

I actually think there is a very real possibility that things in North Korea are far worse than they're letting on (example: Earthquake). It's not like anyone outside would ever know, except maybe really well placed South Korean intelligence assets.

If that's the case, they might be desperate enough to seek peace and cooperation while still appearing to be coming from a position of strength.

Maybe we're seeing something similar to East Germany, where it's all unraveling and they're just trying to ride things to a safe landing.

We can hope, anyway.

• Like 3