Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

2 hours ago, visionary said:

14 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is it just me or are these two tweets at odds with each other?  Top one says something that I take as if KJU gives up nukes, Trump will protect NK.  Second one makes it sound like Trump offered protection if they could make any kind of deal at all.

I suspect the AP tweet is what actually was said (or close enough to it) and the bottom one is a twisting of words to make it sound like Trump is worse than he actually is.  I hope that is not the case because it bothers me and just feeds the "fake news" narrative that the right likes so much.

OK, I made it through about 6 and a half minutes of this.  I didn't notice the part about giving protections to North Korea, but my mind may have started to deteriorate after some of the things he was saying about China and trade.   

Ok...so he discusses it around 9 minutes in.   Wow.  He repeatedly talked about the intervention in Libya (including boasting incorrectly about being against it from the beginning) and said we didn't give Qaddafi any protection and seemed to be implying that we might offer Kim military protection?  WTF?  And he does say multiple times "if we make a deal", not if they denuclearize, though he also says we can't accept them with nuclear weapons at one point. 

Edited by visionary

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Ok...so he discusses it around 9 minutes in.   Wow.  He repeatedly talked about the intervention in Libya (including boasting incorrectly about being against it from the beginning) and said we didn't give Qaddafi any protection and seemed to be implying that we might offer Kim military protection?  WTF?  And he does say multiple times "if we make a deal", not if they denuclearize, though he also says we can't accept them with nuclear weapons at one point. 

So I just watched your video.  To me, he doesn't say protection for denuclearize but also doesn't say protection for "any deal".  So I take that as both tweets being of the mark, just in different directions.

I really wish the media would do a better job reporting the truth and not what they think will get the most clicks.  It reminds me of the whole Mexicans = racists thing and the difference between "their" and "they're" reading a transcript.  

You know what would really fix this though.  Having a POTUS who could put together clear, coherent thoughts and communicate them to the media.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You know what would really fix this though.  Having a POTUS who could put together clear, coherent thoughts and communicate them to the media.

When my grandmother was 97 and in her final months after a fall and believe stroke, I'd go visit her every week. 

One time we were talking and she starts telling me about this thing she read. A horrible car accident where the family died. She keeps talking and telling me this story. Then I realize this is something that she read probably 50 years earlier. 

That's what I think about when I hear Trump rambled. Listen long enough and realize he's confused but confident. 

• Like 1

If Kim is not sincerely considering total denuclearization, calling off the summit is probably the most responsible course of action.  If Trump calls it off due to those concerns, he should get credit for not chasing a deal at all cost for the political benefit.