Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I agree, that was very difficult to make out numbers. It was a team effort in my section... especially with Briscoe getting reps, having he and Morgan on the field together was difficult... and on more than one occasion, the crowd went all "Coooooooley" when Paulsen caught it, hahah.

No team effort in our section. Damn. But, it was easy to tell if Banks was out there. He's so small, he looks like a midget in comparison. I caught the "Coooooley". It died out pretty quick from my perspective.

To anyone saying that the Redskins will wear the throwbacks against Dallas, that can't happen. Since 2004, the Cowboys have worn their early 60's alternates, which is a blue home jersey. By league rules, the Redskins must wear white.

It can only happen on Thanksgiving. in 02 the Redskins wore their 70th Anniversary uniforms while Dallas wore a dark throwback. Also, I am pretty sure a couple of years ago the Patriots wore red against the Lions in their blues.

To anyone saying that the Redskins will wear the throwbacks against Dallas, that can't happen. Since 2004, the Cowboys have worn their early 60's alternates, which is a blue home jersey. By league rules, the Redskins must wear white.

It happened in 2002.

1664987.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE689C05DD6B7B188334C89CB0769255B9

---------- Post added November-17th-2012 at 10:58 AM ----------

. Also, I am pretty sure a couple of years ago the Patriots wore red against the Lions in their blues.

Yup.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSV04bLLw_whyofKJUqOdyPtu8Lx75GHzDZ1LIHkPgjNXVqnTfnghgvUL8

I would love for this team to go back to the tradition of wearing white shirts and burgundy pants at home and only wearing burgundy shirts and white pants on occassion. They can throw the gold pants in the trash.

agreed we need to get back to Gibbs 1.0 look. Burgundy and White. None of this other crap with gold pants .....

Does anybody else wish we would permanently wear the colors we wore last week? I loved the REAL Burgundy and Gold colors. Obviously we could just take the typical helmet and match the color to the uniform, but I thought those uniforms were exceptional.

But yes, we do only seem to win with the white jerseys and burgundy pants.

Does anybody else wish we would permanently wear the colors we wore last week? I loved the REAL Burgundy and Gold colors. Obviously we could just take the typical helmet and match the color to the uniform, but I thought those uniforms were exceptional.

But yes, we do only seem to win with the white jerseys and burgundy pants.

I agree 100%. We should make that jersey permanent and adjust our current helmet to match. That would look beast.

I agree 100%. We should make that jersey permanent and adjust our current helmet to match. That would look beast.

Glad somebody agreed. The gold pants were much better than the yellow ones we typically wear. I thought the color scheme looked great. I heard a lot of people weren't big fans of the helmets but honestly I liked those a lot too. But we could definitely come up with a new color scheme for our current helmet. But I know this is just a pipedream, it's obviously not going to happen.

Looking at the Mike Shannahan show and if the throwback helmet sitting on the table in the center of them is any indication, we'll be wearing the 80th anniversary unis against philly

I doubt it. The only two games I have heard about was Panthers and Giants...

Attention everybody...we do not have the burgundy pants anymore

Just for this year. Them blowhards only allow teams to carry three pants colors in one year. With us going with the old gold pants this for the 80th unis, we had to get rid of the bright gold, white, or burgundy pants. They made the right choice.

You're right, I think they normally do wear their alternates on Thanksgiving. There was a game a few years ago where the Bears were granted permission to wear their red alternates as well on Thanksgiving, but assuming Dallas sticks with tradition the Redskins will probably be wearing white on Thursday. The last time I remember that happening was the Monday Night Miracle game (when Dallas also wore throwbacks). I remember thinking it looked so odd seeing the Skins wearing white in Dallas!