Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I hope White on White....bring back the 2005 magic of 5 in a row or we don't go.

---------- Post added November-15th-2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

DHall also picked off the Cowboys and ran it in wearing Mustard Gold trousers... I love them, myself.

It was a fumble return not an INT.....but yes he was wearing the yellow pants.

I hated...let me reiterate - HATED - all the years the Redskins wore white at home. It always seemed to me that almost everyone else wore their colors at home, why shouldn't the Redskins? Furthermore, why should another team get to come into RFK/FedEx and get to wear their home colors in the Redskins' stadium. (Granted they wore white at home well before visiting fans were a problem, however it's a wonder that so many of them started showing up; their team gets to dress like the home team when they come to play here!) I was thrilled when they started wearing burgundy at home, and contrary to what some people think I happen to have always loved the burgundy jerseys and white pants. The gold pants are okay, but I'd prefer the burgundy over white. I have no issue with white over burgundy pants, but for ROAD GAMES.

Someone mentioned the throwbacks; I liked them, and I have no issue with the Redskins pulling them out once or twice a season. They did it against Carolina, and I suspect that we'll see them again against the Giants. You're allowed two alternate jersey games, and seeing that the Giants were the original rival when the team moved here I bet they bring them out again then. It's also before a national TV audience. That aside, if I never see white at home again I'll be happy.

I agree with you to an extent.. I grew up watching Gibbs and the white jerseys over burgundy pants. For me it just brings back the glory years so i wouldnt mind them wearing it at home or away. But my preference is burgundy jerseys over white pants. it's a clean yet rugged look that no other team has in the league. We looked sweet against Tampa when we wore them.

Now I can't stand the mustard, Ronald Mc Donald ,Hulk Hogan yellow pants. Every time I look at 70's films I cringe because it looks so sloppy. I know Bruce Allen was bringing back the tradition of his late father but those pants need to stay in history. If anyone likes that combination something is wrong with their eye site. It's like saying you enjoy looking at ketchup and mustard on your hotdog.

Edited by redskins55

I was just gonna post the exact same thing. I love Burg on Burg, or White on White
I thought I was a fan of burg on burg, until the Redskins actually wore them. Think the last time we wore them was the Steelers MNF fiasco. I thought it would be a good luck, but I didn't really care for it. Now the white on white, I kinda wish we would wear them every now and then. I think that's actually an underrated look

I agree with you to an extent.. I grew up watching Gibbs and the white jerseys over burgundy pants. For me it just brings back the glory years so i wouldnt mind them wearing it at home or away. But my preference is burgundy jerseys over white pants. it's a clean yet rugged look that no other team has in the league. We looked sweet against Tampa when we wore them.

Now I can't stand the mustard, Ronald Mc Donald ,Hulk Hogan yellow pants. Every time I look at 70's films I cringe because it looks so sloppy. I know Bruce Allen was bringing back the tradition of his late father but those pants need to stay in history. If anyone likes that combination something is wrong with their eye site. It's like saying you enjoy looking at ketchup and mustard on your hotdog.

I grew up with the Gibbs teams also, and the white jerseys were the only thing I didn't like about Coach Gibbs. It's a small point of contention for sure, but I just always wished the Redskins could wear their colors at home just like everyone else. Dallas of course always wore white at home, and it always seemed like back then the Skins would always play at Philadelphia early in the season when Dick Vermeil/Buddy Ryan would dress the Eagles in white. So those would be the only two games that the Redskins would sort of be "guaranteed" to wear the burgundy jerseys and white pants. That may be why I like them so much, because it was always a special treat to see the Redskins wear them. I'm not a fan of the gold pants either, but I'll take them so long as they're wearing the burgundy jerseys at home. Although to appease both sides I like the idea someone had which was to wear them for four home and four away games each year.

I love Burgundy over White also. And I never liked white over burgundy as well. I had that samed weird feeling that we were always playing on the road and never at home.I don't really mind the gold pants, but I prefer the white ones, even if I think we're gonna play burgundy over gold this week end.

Does anyone know for SURE when the next throwback game will be this season? IIRC we are wearing them a second time this year.

I personally love the burg over gold look. Although, I'd love to see someone with photoshop skills put together what a gold over burgundy would look like. I think it'd be a nice modern twist look, but then again, gold is a funny color & might look putrid.

I thought I remembered hearing that they were bringing the throwbacks out again for the Giants game. The NY Giants were the "original rival" for the Redskins when they first moved to DC, so it would stand to reason that they'd do it that game. Plus with the Giants wearing their original uniforms again that game would kind of look like a Skins/Giants game circa 1937 at Griffith Stadium. The other thing of course is that the Giants game is on a Monday Night, and I could see them wanting to showcase those unis on national TV.

---------- Post added November-16th-2012 at 08:46 AM ----------

I love Burgundy over White also. And I never liked white over burgundy as well. I had that samed weird feeling that we were always playing on the road and never at home.I don't really mind the gold pants, but I prefer the white ones, even if I think we're gonna play burgundy over gold this week end.

In my opinion the white jerseys over burgundy pants are a great uniform...for the road. I like it because with the burgundy pants the Redskins' colors are still on display in some form even though they're away from home. Lately it seems they've been wearing white over gold on the road, and I'm not a fan of that look at all. For whatever reason the Steelers and Packers can get away with that look, but I don't feel it's the same affect with the Redskins. I guess it's similar to how some teams can get away with white-on-white, but the Redskins just don't look right in it.

I grew up with the Gibbs teams also, and the white jerseys were the only thing I didn't like about Coach Gibbs. It's a small point of contention for sure, but I just always wished the Redskins could wear their colors at home just like everyone else. Dallas of course always wore white at home, and it always seemed like back then the Skins would always play at Philadelphia early in the season when Dick Vermeil/Buddy Ryan would dress the Eagles in white. So those would be the only two games that the Redskins would sort of be "guaranteed" to wear the burgundy jerseys and white pants. That may be why I like them so much, because it was always a special treat to see the Redskins wear them. I'm not a fan of the gold pants either, but I'll take them so long as they're wearing the burgundy jerseys at home. Although to appease both sides I like the idea someone had which was to wear them for four home and four away games each year.

That would be my post.

---------- Post added November-16th-2012 at 09:12 AM ----------

Don't like the white on white or the burg on burg.

I don't understand why everyone keeps correlating wins with jersey color. You all are a bunch of superstitious people. I don't like the white on white or burg or burg, because I don't like how it looks. It has nothing to do with wins or losses.

The burgundy pants were temporarily retired this year for the throwbacks. They should be back next season as a team can only have 3 pants.

Wear these at home. 4 games with one, 4 with the other:

6a00d8341c9bc253ef017ee481427a970d-300wiWash1_display_image.jpg?1330823938

Wear these on the road. 4 games with one. 4 with the other:

2011-10-30T233154Z_01_MDB17_RTRIDSP_3_NFL.jpg?uuid=IBCw9gQjEeGDyoNB2-N0rAhigh+5.jpg

Does anyone know for SURE when the next throwback game will be this season? IIRC we are wearing them a second time this year.

I personally love the burg over gold look. Although, I'd love to see someone with photoshop skills put together what a gold over burgundy would look like. I think it'd be a nice modern twist look, but then again, gold is a funny color & might look putrid.

Im still trying to figure out who the hell decided not to bust out the throwbacks for the Thanksgiving game. National coverage, huge rivalry game, cowboys vs. indians... Seems like a NO BRAINER from a marketing standpoint. Instead we chose to waste them against the freaking Panthers? Missed a huge opportunity in my opinion, makes NO sense....

:slap: <--- marketing department

Edited by Rhodus333

Im still trying to figure out who the hell decided not to bust out the throwbacks for the Thanksgiving game. National coverage, huge rivalry game, cowboys vs. indians... Seems like a NO BRAINER from a marketing standpoint. Instead we chose to waste them against the freaking Panthers? Missed a huge opportunity in my opinion, makes NO sense....

:slap: <--- marketing department

Pretty sure they are wearing them vs. the Boys. IIRC, the panthers game was a 80th aniversary award ceremony thing which is why they wore them.

Edited by RVAbrendan