Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I don't mind the white/gold honestly, though the pants do look a little weird in the sunlight. I was honestly more of a fan of the burgundy pants back when they didn't have that metallic (almost dark cherry reddish) look to them, and we wore white shoes. I honestly think our uni's as a whole would look better with a white base shoe design and burgundy/gold secondary colors.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

No to the white pants. Looked weird last night, and made me 100% realize gold is the way to go. Burgundy on Gold is by far the best combo, and while the Burgundy on White isn't horrible, it just doesn't compare and should be shelved permanently.

re: Gibbs era. Yeah, I get it, and we had good things happen, but we also had 20 years of not so good things happening wearing that combo. It's not just focusing on the negatives, there were a lot of good times in that combo, and even more bad times. After 30+ years of pretty much ONLY wearing that combo, the Gold is a welcome change. Personally, I'm glad we don't wear that combo as much any more, and I sure do not want the team to wear it 14 times a year for 30 years. It's time to move on. I'm not saying to shelf them, I just think Gold should be the way to go for awhile. I'm sure we'll see them again next season.

When they do return, I hope thy update them somewhat and go 3 stripes on the pants to match the gold. I've never been a fan of the 2 stripe look.

re: The dude griping at me...get over yourself man. You're the one who said the team looked like Ronald McDonald clowns, not me. So yeah, I hate comments like that. Those are our team colors.

Edited by Diesel Hog

So let me get this straight. The reason we have to wear white pants on occasion is because the other team is wearing their dark pants? Why couldn't the Redskins have worn their gold pants and forced Tampa to wear white pants?

Good question. I always thought the home team dictated what both teams had to wear as far as Away/Home uni's are concerned. The only way I'd prefer white pants is if we wore white/white.

So, does anyone know if there is a site that shows which jerseys each team will be wearing for each game? I'm assuming we wear white/gold since the Saints will go black jerseys and I'm guessing those black leotard pants.

Saint's will be wearing white jerseys, so I'm pretty sure we will be in burgundy over gold.

They all have the same collar. The difference is the new Nike collars have the new feature on the front. It's just colored differently with white jerseys.

I dunno, I don't see it:

washington-redskins-v-orleans-saints-20120909-111703-808.jpg

vs. this, which has the burgundy collar flair:

hi-res-150462746_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

I'm not talking about the front of the jersey, rather the colored part around the collar.

Edited by Stadium-Armory

I dunno, I don't see it:

There's still a clear separation there between the two pieces of fabric of the collar. Right at the collar bone line. If it were a white jersey, the front part with the little wings would be white instead of flush. It all just depends on whether or not the team's original jersey color was the same color as the collar.

If that makes sense. lol

Edited by windsofcreation