Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Sonny nailed it.

Show me a picture from any of our Championship years wearing those vomit inducing burgundy on :puke:gundy, or the Good Humor/KKK/Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man white on whites, and I'll stop ****ing about it.

Until they win a Championship, this crop of players, coaches, and owners, haven't earned the right to change something that was here before them, and will remain after they've gone. Every second used thinking about the color of their pants could be better spent concentrating on completing their ****ing assignments. THAT'S what they get paid for.

Last week's Zorn show. Sonny said "for the first time ever" you guys wore burgundy on burgundy. Basically what was that all about? George Michael added that we looked like some North Texas college team or something.

Zorn explained that a couple players (26, 89) wanted it and he asked the captains and they didn't care. "So I didn't care." Then he asked Sonny if he had a problem with it.

And Sonny without hesitation said "YES, I do." And then got a little serious as he said we have 3 superbowl trophies and in none of those pictures will you see burgundy on burgundy.

Zorn kind of smirked and then they moved on to something else.

Sonny has no buisness about the unis!! He should just shut up. My name is Andy Duenner and I approve this message!

Sonny nailed it.

Show me a picture from any of our Championship years wearing those vomit inducing burgundy on :puke:gundy, or the Good Humor/KKK/Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man white on whites, and I'll stop ****ing about it.

Until they win a Championship, this crop of players, coaches, and owners, haven't earned the right to change something that was here before them, and will remain after they've gone. Every second used thinking about the color of their pants could be better spent concentrating on completing their ****ing assignments. THAT'S what they get paid for.

so in that case they should get rid of white-on-white as well!!! That actually would be good!!!!!!

The burgundy on burgundy was hideous. The only good thing that came out of that Pittsburgh game was that hopefully they will never wear those unis again. the white on white looks sleek, but i consider myself a bit of a traditionalist. i want white jerseys with burgundy pants. those are the uniforms we won in, why change it?

Does anyone know what uniforms we will be wearing against Dallas? I hope we wear the burgundy on burgundy. Uniforms have nothing to do with the play, so I hope we weer those again.

edit: mods merge didn't know there was another thread

We better be wearing white jersey's. Why would anyone want to see that wimpy looking burgundy on burgundy ever again? Plus Dallas is always in blue when they come here...keep it that way.

I am a fan of the Burgundy and Gold, not the White, Red and Yellow, or the Dark Red and Yellow...I hate the slightly-less-than-manly yellow pants. White on white? In DC?...That should only be for republican conventions. A black, burgundy and gold uni would be nice. Black pants with a B&G top. A new logo might be nice too since there is so much discord between the old spear and the new cartoon logo.

I am a fan of the Burgundy and Gold, not the White, Red and Yellow, or the Dark Red and Yellow...I hate the slightly-less-than-manly yellow pants. White on white? In DC?...That should only be for republican conventions. A black, burgundy and gold uni would be nice. Black pants with a B&G top. A new logo might be nice too since there is so much discord between the old spear and the new cartoon logo.

Yeah, gotta put that black in there, that's really unique. Just like every other team is doing now a days. Cartoon logo? Well that so called "cartoon logo" has a lot of history here and it's all positive. Hell, might as well change the name as it seems to cause so much "discord" around the country :doh:.

Zorn said on the Jim Zorn show that he has already submitted the Jersey colors for the remainder of the year, you have to do that in June/July or something. And he lets the team select the pants. His quote was something like, "we take so many things away from these guys, if they enjoy choosing the color of the pants, then I'm ok with that."

George Michaels commented that if you have a problem with the color of the pants, you need to go find Clinton Portis and tell him. :)

Zorn said on the Jim Zorn show that he has already submitted the Jersey colors for the remainder of the year, you have to do that in June/July or something. And he lets the team select the pants. His quote was something like, "we take so many things away from these guys, if they enjoy choosing the color of the pants, then I'm ok with that."

George Michaels commented that if you have a problem with the color of the pants, you need to go find Clinton Portis and tell him. :)

I like -- not love -- burgundy-on-burgundy. But I **HATE** with a white-hot hatred, the white-on-white. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!

I've always hated W-O-W. It is milquetaost. It doesn't say "THESE ARE THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS." It (as I've said before) says "The Washington Orderlies: Emptying Bedpans and Handing out Medicine."

All white, with two idiotic stripes. Fine for one Sunday four years ago. At least have the pants or the jersey be one of the dominant Redskins colors. Now, it's time to put away the fascination with the uniform that says WE'RE BLAND and does NOT strike fear against our opponents.

Sonny has no buisness about the unis!! He should just shut up. My name is Andy Duenner and I approve this message!

"Sonny has no business.." ???!!

Are you out of your freaking mind?!!! Sonny "has the business" to say ANYTHING about the Redskins he damn well pleases!!

Someone needs to tell Sonny the Skins wore SB uni's and got their ass beat again...11 ppg in last 5 games...midget football stats...so guess what...it ain't the uni's...I say time for a change...wear last years throwbacks...the one's Gibbs burnt after the 1 time they wore them.:2cents:

I like the classic look tonight. Back to business!

This was refreshing to see, something we should use every time Dallas comes to town.

Throwbacks ... I remember a time not too long ago when the home teams on the Sunday following Thanksgiving wore them. We hosted the Saints in 2003 at that point in time and we wore the throwbacks that were featured the year before.

Perhaps not the 75th anniversary uniforms but reach back into the 60's or 70's ... would be pretty cool.

:2cents::2cents::2cents: