Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Yep, this would be my vote for the new take on the uniforms...

You change enough to get that retro, different feel but you keep the logo and the spirit of the uniforms without going all CFL-looking.

I Agree... But I'm going to go against the one bar helmet :laugh: I LOL every time I see Joey T. With it... Kinda wish he had the regular QB facemask.

Oh and I know he prefered to wear it, and no other QB will wear it these days.but damn...

Edited by Portis for 6

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking that having a yellow alternate jersey would be nice, considering the Eagles have a black alternate, and Giants have a red alternate. I think it's time we added a new color since we've only had red and white jerseys for so long. Personally, I already love the Red on Red combination, and adding a Yellow Alternate jersey would be another awesome option for primetime games. :laugh:

what do you guys think?

I was thinking that having a yellow alternate jersey would be nice, considering the Eagles have a black alternate, and Giants have a red alternate. I think it's time we added a new color since we've only had red and white jerseys for so long. Personally, I already love the Red on Red combination, and adding a Yellow Alternate jersey would be another awesome option for primetime games. :laugh:

what do you guys think?

Shouldn't this be in the Hebrew Nationals thread? :silly:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=286940

• 2 weeks later...

Wsup fellow skins fans...this is my first thread...so sorry if yall have discussed this in previous threads...but i love our preseason schedule...even if the starters only play between 2 quarters or 1 series..we are going up against good teams with great offenses and defenses....i feel this will really let us kno where we stand this season after watching these games...o and is it just me that wants to see the all burgandy jerseys again?

09000d5d80c34deb_gallery_600.jpg

The past few years our preseason has been indicative of our regular season. Last year was identical, start preseason fast then fade, start season fast and the rest is history. People will argue thats an anomoly and last season probaly was but I think this team with this group of players need to play well in the preseason to have a successful reg season.

Edited by stoney26

I wish we'd take the New England approach that EVERY game matters, and at least try win some pre-season games. I know, I know, it matters little in the great scheme of things, all that counts is the Giants Week 1; but I'm a firm believer in success breading success, winning building confidence, and that following over into the regular season. And by the same token, a bad pre-season having an initial knock-on effect in the early part of the regular season.

And to answer the OP: if your asking about burgundy on burgundy, then it's just you. That was ghastly in the Steelers game last year. But I'm all for the burgundy jersey's, preferably with yellow/gold pants in a classic throwback. Something unique to us.

Hail.

I love the look of the burgundy on burgundy. sharp, sleek look. I still don't think pre-season is a big deal/indicator but I'd still rather win than lose. Most important is that the players learn and get better and the coaches can make better informed decisions based on what they see putting players in situations.

Don't they say it's the 3rd preseason game that predicts the season? Last season's was against Carolina, and that was abysmal.

I'd say "they" are wrong. Detroit won all of its pre-season games last year (including the third) and it did not matter at all. I've heard that the Colts are like 2-14 in their recent pre-seasons (although those stats might be pre-2008), but that hasn't stopped them from making a playoff appearance every year.

If you think about it, last year was a dissapointment, but it wasn't abysmal, imo. At least it wasn't a losing season; there are several teams that wish they could say the same.

Edit: I like the burgundy on burgundy too.

Edited by darklight1216

I wasn't too keen on the all burgundy jerseys. I think preseason gives us a good chance to see how we are able to match up against great defenses for a a series or two, but that's it. I still feel that we will not be that great in preseason. Just a feeling.

I know the Colt fan-boys are dying for preseason to come.

Edited by stickyshooZ

Don't they say it's the 3rd preseason game that predicts the season? Last season's was against Carolina, and that was abysmal.

Yeah and this year it's against the Pats. It's going to tough going against Brady who's coming back from a major injury. I think it will be a nice test to see where this team might be.

The record means nothing, but it's important to have the starters play well throughout the entire preseason. I couldn't care less if our 4th string beats some others 4th string(although Colt Brennan leading last minute game winning scoring drives was a thrill!).

The burgundy on burgundy was great, i loved it, always wanted us to wear that. And all the superstition about wearing them, and never wearing them again, is stupid. we could have been wearing pittsburgh steelers uniforms and still lost.

The preseason would be fine with only two or three games and if Snyder didn't charge full price for them.

I've a friend who's a Steelers fan and he'll get tix for our preseason game for only 30 bucks a pop.

I prefer white jerseys and burgundy pants which what Gibbs preferred too.

Wsup fellow skins fans...this is my first thread...so sorry if yall have discussed this in previous threads...but i love our preseason schedule...even if the starters only play between 2 quarters or 1 series..we are going up against good teams with great offenses and defenses....i feel this will really let us kno where we stand this season after watching these games...o and is it just me that wants to see the all burgandy jerseys again?

I don't know, I thought they looked like pajamas.

The burgundy on burgundy was great, i loved it, always wanted us to wear that. And all the superstition about wearing them, and never wearing them again, is stupid. we could have been wearing pittsburgh steelers uniforms and still lost.

Not to mention that would've made that game very confusing. :silly: