Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

On 10/10/2018 at 6:41 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Congrats on your novel Bacon! I wrote one novel back in the nineties, undoubtedly rather amateurish, which I abandoned on a hard drive and some floppy disk nearly 20 years ago. I am truly impressed by someone who cranks out 3 presumably professional novels.

Thank you! You should be proud of yourself for finishing one; many, many people never see it through, even those who see themselves as writers. 

I need to find an agent. The industry is looking for people who can churn out work on demand and I can do that. One appealing book and a great work ethic increases your chances exponentially. 

I've had the idea of starting for years. Did about 10 pages on one before I scrapped it, because I realized it was too much like everything else.

Have several other ideas floating around in my head though. One would probably require me to travel, though, to get the right feel, taste the air, that sort of thing.

To the married folks...

I hate trying to do a vacation gift. 

For all I know, she would rather go to Breckenridge as opposed to Hawaii. Partially joking. I've been to both she has been to neither. 

Cali in the winter is nothing special. 

This is nearly as confusing as finding out perhaps, that there is a such thing as fake raisins. 

13 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

To the married folks...

I hate trying to do a vacation gift. 

For all I know, she would rather go to Breckenridge as opposed to Hawaii. Partially joking. I've been to both she has been to neither. 

Cali in the winter is nothing special. 

This is nearly as confusing as finding out perhaps, that there is a such thing as fake raisins. 

Does it need to be a surprise? 

2 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Does it need to be a surprise? 

Yeah. Winter vacation as a surprise. 

Oh... I just got a crazy idea. As I am typing, you made me think of a really big surprise. 

My luck, she will hate it. 

Hmm... It's so good that she can't though. 

Thanks man. It just took that simple question to make me think about it for all of 30 seconds. 

Telling you, if I can pull this off... even in a mediocre fashion... I might get affection for many years. Without having to even having to try. 

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Yeah. Winter vacation as a surprise. 

Oh... I just got a crazy idea. As I am typing, you made me think of a really big surprise. 

My luck, she will hate it. 

Hmm... It's so good that she can't though. 

Thanks man. It just took that simple question to make me think about it for all of 30 seconds. 

Telling you, if I can pull this off... even in a mediocre fashion... I might get affection for many years. Without having to even having to try. 

This was my intent all along. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3884475

13 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Well, there goes that idea. 

The event that I found sounded great. Click, realize it was for last year. 

Nothing worth doing this year sounds nearly as cool.

Back to the drawing board. 

what were you thinking about doing? You can tell us . . . unless she spies on your browser history?

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

what were you thinking about doing? You can tell us . . . unless she spies on your browser history?

My wife is not "too" nosey, she does find interest in things I look at for her own gift ideas. 

So therefore... I can't tell you.  It's my own fault...I leave my computer available to her without logging out.

She does not know my passwords though. She simply likes my office better than her own and jumps on mine. 

My idea was big and seemed fun. That one won't work. 

I do think I have found another idea...based on a surprise though. 

Short story...too lazy to bother with my history. If she wants to look up old actors and sports crap...more power to her. 

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire. Their war to exterminate mankind has raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present.

that's so creepy how it moves so human-like. How it's joints compress before bounding up. Not sure why it needs to do that. In humans, we do that because we need to "load" the muscle before we explode upwards. In a robot, they don't have human musculature.

The only answer I can think of is that it makes it creepier. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire. Their war to exterminate mankind has raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present.

Thank goodness I have the right to bear arms. 

Now I just need Robocop or Terminator. 

Archived